Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

147302494_428323721776871_2668565846316111488_n.jpg

• Like 2
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 3.7k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just been out to collect a parcel from the front door,  as I came back in I shouted to my daughter  " cor that wind would freeze the b***s of a brass monkey"  Didn't realise she was on her t

Ah the regional thread where innuendo and gin used to be king. Where we would get excited at the lamp post, share in each other joys.  The thread was a place to escape the real world (even more this y

Posted Images

Posted

All rain at the moment but temp is starting to drop. NE Wind has picked up too.

Posted
    17 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

Starting to turn to snow in Oxford city centre.

That must be Lyra's Oxford. Doesn't happen in our world 😉

Posted
    Just now, CentralSouthernSnow said:

It will be rain for us in Dorset, temps too high 

Temps are expected to drop though?  

Posted
    Just now, CentralSouthernSnow said:

It will be rain for us in Dorset, temps too high 

For now but the undercut is ahead of expected timings and alot more precip than expected this far west.

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
    6 minutes ago, Mark Neal. said:

Good covering on grasses,rooftops and cars. Just starting to settle on pavements, I am at 115m Asl. Temp currently 1.7c 

I thought you had twice the altitude up on Headington Hill. Dropped another degree in the last 20 minutes = 1.8C, still wet rather than white.

Posted
    3 minutes ago, Mark Neal. said:

147302494_428323721776871_2668565846316111488_n.jpg

I'd have to have a go at sliding down that shed roof. Yes...I've had a couple. 🙃 Only j/k so no broken bones please!

Posted
    24 minutes ago, Mark Neal. said:

Heavy Snow here in Headington,East Oxford at moment.  Massive flakes, wet snow currently but starting to settle. 

Seriously? I'm 13 miles SE and have drizzle 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Much lighter now but has left a decent covering. Paths/Roads started to get a dusting as temp dropped. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and ice. The usual.

Radar return suddenly changed to sleet in my locale, still raining steadily but with the very occasional wet snowflake mixed in. Temp has fallen off a cliff, now 2.8°C DP 1.7, obviously the wrong side of marginal but it's a start.

• Like 3
    Posted
    11 minutes ago, The Enforcer said:

I thought you had twice the altitude up on Headington Hill. Dropped another degree in the last 20 minutes = 1.8C, still wet rather than white.

For some reason a further drop of 0.1C has made all the difference turned to wet snow on 1.7C and now = 1.5C.

Temperature drop of 2.7C in an hour, but you can see how that 20-25m has cost us at least half an hour of potential snowfall.

Edited by The Enforcer
    • Like 1
    Posted

Quiet so far in Gloucester , temps at 4c with Dew Point at 2.8c. 

Really not expecting anything so if I wake up to a thin covering I'll be pleasantly surprised. Temps not quite right as things stand.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey and mild!

Wet snow now. Can't imagine it will last long though. Let's see what the next few days brings!

Posted

It's only an alcohol thermometer outside but temp has gone from just under 3c to 5c in around an hour!

Posted
  • Location: Somerset midway between Bath&Wells. Mendips 200m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
  • Location: Somerset midway between Bath&Wells. Mendips 200m asl

Evening all, just been out for a ciggie.....yes I know, I really shouldn't. However, the sky's got a bizarre orange glow here, looks odd. I'm out in the sticks and we do have the odd street light through the village but not everywhere, out in the darker reaches there's someone with a really powerful torch shining it up into the sky, scanning for something. They're either on owl watch or hoping to be the first to spot a snowflake. And I thought we were bad 😉

• Like 3
    Posted

Update here, rain has stopped and winds have picked up from the NE.

Currently 3.7°C, DP 3.0°C

Posted
    1 minute ago, jethro said:

Evening all, just been out for a ciggie.....yes I know, I really shouldn't. However, the sky's got a bizarre orange glow here, looks odd. I'm out in the sticks and we do have the odd street light through the village but not everywhere, out in the darker reaches there's someone with a really powerful torch shining it up into the sky, scanning for something. They're either on owl watch or hoping to be the first to spot a snowflake. And I thought we were bad 😉

Now there's a thought for the NW Merchandise Dept: "Get your NW Flashlight here - for when a cool LED lampost just isn't enough."

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds. HATE:stagnant weather patterns

Temperature on the rise here, it got down to 2.9°C but now 5.1°C. I wasn't expecting anything anyway but didn't think there would be such a rise!

• Like 1
    Posted
    1 hour ago, Climate_Eyes said:

Radar return suddenly changed to sleet in my locale, still raining steadily but with the very occasional wet snowflake mixed in. Temp has fallen off a cliff, now 2.8°C DP 1.7, obviously the wrong side of marginal but it's a start.

Oooh 2.8c here now too ...

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and ice. The usual.
    3 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Oooh 2.8c here now too ...

Hey up fellow night owl! 😅

Still on 2 8, it's dragging its heels.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

After stalling for a while the temperature has started dropping properly now. 3.7°C

• Like 1