Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

AWD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
2 minutes ago, Blizzardof82 said:

Same here in Pucklechurch, they have me down for heavy snow all day tomorrow but I dont see that on any other output.

Same for Bradford on Avons forecast but it isn't correct I can assure you of that. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter- Cold, frost, snow. Summer- Warm and thundery.

Whats going on @ the BBC? 30 mins ago my location was shown to be cloudy all day. Now I'm expecting heavy snow from 1300-0100???

Posted

1C here too already. Just yesterday this was showing to be our sole ice day of this spell too 

On a more positive note I’ve finally got a few snow symbols for Friday early morning ??

Posted
2 minutes ago, Lewesdon said:

Whats going on @ the BBC? 30 mins ago my location was shown to be cloudy all day. Now I'm expecting heavy snow from 1300-0100???

Probably an over reaction but then like I said if sun can help intensify the flow coming off the sea to the east there is more chance of it travelling west.

Also worth saying although the low on Tuesday is to far south the southern coastal areas could still see a very small dusting if there is enough cloud cover extending north. Again its 1 more straw to clutch onto. That's 2 to hang onto for now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.

C017A451-3E97-4075-8E15-12F49EAFEF54.png

5B0A2825-CC9B-4A9E-BAE7-773C9E540082.png

Edited by That ECM
  • Like 1

Posted
Just now, That ECM said:

Not that I believe that’s going to happen, however there’s talk in the SE thread of something more substantial later on today/overnight? Have the models picked up on some sort of convergence line or something?

From what’s been posted I can’t see what this is based on but someone must have seen something!

• Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, That ECM said:

It's said that for Southampton since yesterday as well. Where on earth is it getting it from?

Shows how little notice people should make of these websites/apps.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any except cold rain

Hi - can someone explain ?  Snowing now  in south Northants, , but nothing showing on any of the live radars?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snow in the winter, warm and dry in the summer !
1 minute ago, That ECM said:

5B0A2825-CC9B-4A9E-BAE7-773C9E540082.png

I don't why they show it like that as it suggests heavy snow but if you look at the 'Chance of Precipitation' row there's actually a very low chance of it happening!

Posted
2 minutes ago, Azertyiuop said:

Hi - can someone explain ?  Snowing now  in south Northants, , but nothing showing on any of the live radars?

Welcome to the forum. 

Snow can blow quite a distance between the time it's detected on the radar and when it  reaches the ground, so you can end up with snow falling when the radar shows none and vice versa. You can also have snow falling but virtually clear skies overhead thanks to this sort of thing.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Everyone delete your BBC Weather App -. NOW!

It is playing with you all. 

• Like 9

Posted
3 minutes ago, dec10snow said:

Not that I believe that’s going to happen, however there’s talk in the SE thread of something more substantial later on today/overnight? Have the models picked up on some sort of convergence line or something?

From what’s been posted I can’t see what this is based on but someone must have seen something!

Your forgetting the the Norfolk Broads though, that ppn will have a hard time crossing the mountainous terrain to reach us. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
9 minutes ago, That ECM said:

Yes, the weather type is snow, but look at the %'s - below 20% for the most part and when it's at 41% the symbol is dry. Some people must be so confused and yet they are always hyping this service up on TV trailers.

Edited by The Enforcer
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.
1 minute ago, AWD said:

Everyone delete your BBC Weather App -. NOW!

It is playing with you all. 

No, it’s like buying the Sunday sport. Always good to know what Elvis has been upto this week.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
1 minute ago, That ECM said:

No, it’s like buying the Sunday sport. Always good to know what Elvis has been upto this week.

That's not why we buy the Sunday Sport is it???

Hang on.....  Got confused with the Daily Sport there. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey and mild!

Morning currently -1 here. Very light dusting overnight which looks quite nice. You can see that the snow is so dry and grainy that it blows around easily in the wind and settles in different places. Snowing now, again very very light probbaly why it's not showing on radar. Let's hope more stuff blows to the West! 

• Like 2

Posted

If you play back last 15/20 mins of radar there is some intensification of ppn over Norfolk way. 

A glimmer of hope perhaps?

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Hi Everyone, been snowing here for the last couple of hours now finally and has been falling at a nice steady pace too, so there is even a nice little coating outside

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snow in the winter, warm and dry in the summer !

Latest GFS is showing something interesting moving north for some snow starved areas of our region Thursday morning (and has been showing something like this a few times on recent runs):

image.thumb.png.8e06d381ea84b9d631f89f38d52c2bc1.pngimage.thumb.png.bf8bdd66fdc04c4cea3d710a70791046.png 

Very much subject to change of course but it does look to me though that in general, the models are now trending away from keeping the real cold going much longer after the weekend, so am hoping this week delivers at least something for all!

• Like 4