Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

AWD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Still nothing here, just opened the window to check outside and that wind is very cold now

Nice talking over there @Leon1  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
2 minutes ago, Climate_Eyes said:

Same here Khodds, I actually have to concentrate tomorrow and this isn't helping me get shut eye but it's just too nice to watch!

It is! I’m hoping to put an offer in on a house tomorrow as well as home schooling the kids and work.. but sod it lol!!

ill just wait for one more refresh of the radar

Edited by khodds
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

I can confirm we have some v light snow! 3 consecutive Sundays with snowfall now. ❄️

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fascinated by extreme weather. Despise drizzle.
5 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

I have light snow right now.. -0.5°C

Can confirm, light snow here too now. Genuine flakes. More than radar suggests. The triangle of mystery is in place to our NE as usual... ha!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and ice. The usual.
3 minutes ago, khodds said:

It is! I’m hoping to put an offer in on a house tomorrow as well as home schooling the kids and work.. but sod it lol!!

ill just wait for one more refresh of the radar

Oh wow! Good luck with that, and if there was ever a period of time recently to use "sod it" this is probably it  

Just started again here. As Singularity hinted, perhaps the radar isn't quite reflecting reality.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
3 minutes ago, Climate_Eyes said:

Oh wow! Good luck with that, and if there was ever a period of time recently to use "sod it" this is probably it  

Just started again here. As Singularity hinted, perhaps the radar isn't quite reflecting reality.

Thanks!

no it’s not... I think I’m going to have to give in now though and go to sleep. Hope lots of us wake up to a dusting ??

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snow in the winter, warm and dry in the summer !

Just checking the FAX charts and notice the latest one for Weds has a convergence line cutting into the south east of our area. Could be some decent snow from that if it happens..

image.thumb.png.cc4fe12ae4501d0da3071afb442d6eda.png

• Like 2

Posted

Hi everyone, just joined tonight, although been lurking here over the last couple years or so! I love cold and snow and always look in on the forums from about October. Spent quite a bit of time looking in Mods, but got a bit overwhelmed. So preferred looking in Regionals. I'm driving the hubby mad with snow talk and streamers, he just looks at me a bit pete tong so thought I would say hello I'm currently lamp post watching and of course flicking through different radars! I like the look of that streamer coming across towards Swindon and how its intensified! Currently thick looking cloud here, getting quite gusty again and 1 degree. Hmmm I wonder if anything will come this way.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

Under the moderate blue bit of the precipitation on the right where the streamer turns into a blob. Yes, it's light snow at 0.3C.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & cold (love it) any extremes.
9 minutes ago, kumquat said:

Very light snow.

I’m up in bed but forgot to leave the patio light on relying on your reports Kumquat. Either that or shine a light over to Frampton mate for me. 

• Like 1

Posted

8 minutes ago, The Enforcer said:

Under the moderate blue bit of the precipitation on the right where the streamer turns into a blob. Yes, it's light snow at 0.3C.

We've a covering here. Light, but totally unexpected 

Posted
4 hours ago, SouthernSnowFan said:

Hi All - long time lurker around these parts - finally thought I'd post though.

It does look like we are heading for quite a prolonged cold spell, but is it just me...or does it look generally pretty dry? Maybe I'm not reading the models right?? (Certainly for my neck of the woods anyway).

It always feels as if we are in a bit of a no mans land along the Hampshire South Coast! Too far west for events such as todays, too far east for attempted breakdowns from the west, too far south to take in any real streamer fun (they seem to fizzle out around Winchester) and too far north to get into any fun and games from a channel streamer.

What do you guys feel is the best chance for the snow starved South Coast to get in on some significant action? I remember 2010 and 2009 very fondly, we were even under a red warning for a period of time - but my memory isn't great in my old age nowadays, so I can't quite remember what the setup was for that!

Agree! What was the set up for Dec 2010? I want 7 inches again ...

Posted
3 hours ago, Chul said:

I’m in Marchwood.....can I come too please???? 

Too right! EVERYONE is welcome! Wanna bring some sandwiches and pizza?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
1 hour ago, wiltshire weather said:

Strangely though Arpege is not showing any of the snow currently on the radar over the NE:

image.thumb.png.b28b846c4cdbebea87650474f1bd7496.pngimage.thumb.png.8c8a227ced7f595741f25279f0728e7b.png    

Have any of the hi-res models captured the current extensive shower/streamer pattern over the central  Midlands northwards?

Posted
1 hour ago, Eye of the storm 81 said:

Hi everyone, just joined tonight, although been lurking here over the last couple years or so! I love cold and snow and always look in on the forums from about October. Spent quite a bit of time looking in Mods, but got a bit overwhelmed. So preferred looking in Regionals. I'm driving the hubby mad with snow talk and streamers, he just looks at me a bit pete tong so thought I would say hello I'm currently lamp post watching and of course flicking through different radars! I like the look of that streamer coming across towards Swindon and how its intensified! Currently thick looking cloud here, getting quite gusty again and 1 degree. Hmmm I wonder if anything will come this way.

Welcome to the mad house!! Not the mad thread though lol

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

Oo er..

*Snigger* It's after the water shed we're safe LOL.

Danglers and 7 inches lol