Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

AWD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and ice. The usual.
2 minutes ago, Snow Of '78 said:

Last Sunday managed to get wet snow at 3c, favourable dew points I guess

Yeah same here, my dew point tonight is still pretty high, with humidity at 96%, I think it's just not quite there yet.

• Like 1

Posted

Last chance saloon here. The precip is dying overhead, Just one flake is all I ask.

There will be chances ahead.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Dropped to 1.7°C here, DP 0.8°C. Of course after the precipitation cleared.

• Like 2

Posted

3.4C and dewpoint is still 2.3C Last gasp on the radar is fizzling out. 

Off to play geoguesser Battle Royale 

Edit: Toad in the hole tomoz (with full roastie accompaniments) instead of sausage baps tonight. Already looking forward to it. 

Edited by kumquat
  • Like 2

Posted

A few raindrops. Interesting to see some precipitation building out of nowhere around Cambridge.

Would be nice to see a dusting of icing sugar in the morning.

Posted

Trough forming in Cambridge. I'm going for that for our Sunday morning dusting. See you all in the chase.

Edited by kumquat

Posted
5 minutes ago, Ciderman said:

Funny Looking rain under phone light

Yeah I think it's snow up above and melting as it falls. Very light anyway. 

Posted

Up early for a bit of Cricket. Dry and 2.6C out there. Not as exciting as it was at this time, two weeks ago.

Posted
11 minutes ago, Turnedoutniceagain said:

I'm guessing it's the 'ice' option only??

image.thumb.png.adafebdc66abe808fc380ca446e4cb1e.png

Yup, zip here in Westbury and 2.6c. Once the downgrades starting appearing on UKV yesterday afternoon I knew that’s all it would be. Perhaps we’ll see something later in the week.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snow in the winter, warm and dry in the summer !

Sadly nothing here either overnight. Very windy and cold but still just above freezing atm.

Flicking through the models this morning there seems little on offer for our region until Friday although I'm still expecting some sort of shower activity to make it over from the east at some point.

The Tues/Weds snow looks currently off the cards apart from maybe the far west but that could change again of course.

image.thumb.png.cd5d8cfc6e61ae26ce4f640b1e39e0d7.png

Friday looks the best chance for anything substantial and on current output it looks as though most of our region has  a good chance apart from those of us in the east as it doesn't get this far according to some models!

image.thumb.png.4de9cc28268bcd4fb57d7bdf0b99e496.png

Thereafter it's looking still cold but pretty dry for a while which is something I guess....

Fingers crossed for some upgrades to our snow chances for the coming week in the model output through today 

• Like 1

Well it’s cold a dry outside and that’s how it looks like staying. Tuesdays snow potential seems pretty dead in the water, have a feeling that’s going to be tantalisingly close but still a fail. Just need Thursdays band to either not each here and fizzlE out or lower through as rain. Already looks disappointing and I can’t wait for spring! 

Posted

Dry and Grey out with a breeze picking up, 2c probably be like this for the entire week with no snow events 6 miles south east of southampton. I wont complain,happy to have some dry days to dry out the saturated ground. 

• Like 2

Posted

As I said,  rain here don’t think we even had a flake lol looks cold and dry now the upcoming week so hoping for a bit of frost as that’s the best we’ll get. I only really wanted an hour of falling snow to watch but never happens here oh well...

10 minutes ago, Isleofwightsnowgal74 said:

As I said,  rain here don’t think we even had a flake lol looks cold and dry now the upcoming week so hoping for a bit of frost as that’s the best we’ll get. I only really wanted an hour of falling snow to watch but never happens here oh well...

With the persistent breeze seems unlikely we’ll even get any real low temps. Maxes look 0-1c mins just below freezing. It’s probably going to be really boring to be honest. 

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
53 minutes ago, wiltshire weather said:

image.thumb.png.cd5d8cfc6e61ae26ce4f640b1e39e0d7.png

Where on earth are all the showers? What is the point in getting colder uppers if that is all they achieve?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snow in the winter, warm and dry in the summer !

Current temp 1.4c and we have some light flurries of snow blowing in the wind although nothing on the radar ...

Edited by wiltshire weather