Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

AWD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Looks like the icon has dropped the ppn on Tuesday further south on this run. Funny as alluded earlier the MO app (even those apps aren't much cop) persisting with snow for South Devon. All eyes Thursday. Chance of an ice day locally too on Tuesday. All good stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Surprised the council didn't replace the street light at the front, and all the others down the road... yet, they are lovely ambers.

A few new LED ones have cropped up in the area though, and it's looking a bit out of picture so guess they'll do the rest when they find a few quid (easy...)

Meanwhile, snow rain edging in now, temp 2.9°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
2 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Surprised the council didn't replace the street light at the front, and all the others down the road... yet, they are lovely ambers.

A few new LED ones have cropped up in the area though, and it's looking a bit out of picture so guess they'll do the rest when they find a few quid (easy...)

Meanwhile, snow rain edging in now, temp 2.9°C

They are incredibly bright! I reckon I could start a 6 aside game at night

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
1 minute ago, festivalking said:

They are incredibly bright! I reckon I could start a 6 aside game at night

Yeah there's one down on the walk to Downton, the village down. In the dark it's hard to tell whether it's car headlights or what...

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, CentralSouthernSnow said:

If you’re feeling annoyed about our potential we still have next Friday/sat snow event!  for some reason metoffice app is showing snow for 6 hours on Tuesday but most models take it into the sea? 

9ED3CBFF-7279-4399-B11E-C5072EA43E38.png

I'm sure there will be many features popping up out of the blue this week!

• Like 1

Posted
45 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Exactly. Worse things happen at Dancing Ledge..

Incidentally, the 18Z UKV is quite a downgrade even in the Southeast. I hope it doesn't, because that would be gutting after the hysteria that has developed.

Massively encouraged by the Met’s amber warning no less. Not that it needed that to produce the hysteria that has been going on.

I’ve kept out of the MOD or MAD thread as it’s known these past couple of days as it just got too much in there. I feel for you moderators having the job of trying to keep order in there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Sun
21 minutes ago, legritter said:

Hi gang ,i live just a mile from thatchers ,2.7c here ,and i too have these damn white street lights  ,will probably have curtain twitch tonight ,cheers gang .

The centre of gods known universe..hallelujah!

Posted
1 hour ago, Ciderman said:

Whats your current temp mate?

Going by my phone as I don’t have an accurate temperature reading - it’s 4 degrees.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey and mild!

Just have to be patient. Can't expect the white stuff right at the very start of the cold spell. When the deep cold is entrenched snow could pop up anywhere! Let's hope everyone gets some.

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, CentralSouthernSnow said:

I sure hope so! I’ve been sucked in the last few days only to see some downgrades! I’m that desperate for snow 1cm would do it

The main thing is we are actually getting the cold in place now, with the next stage being where and when it's going to snow, which could well be a nowcasting event!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

The rain on the radar seems far more organised than I expected, anybody else notice it???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

I'm very encouraged this evening looking at the westward progression of that low tonight. We could get some surprises this week for sure. Feels very cold out there this evening already. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, fromey said:

The rain on the radar seems far more organised than I expected, anybody else notice it???

Yes it's far more west and far more precip attached. It's a long way out from what was expected and timings are wrong too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Drizzle now after a dry day. Currently 4.4°C although it feels colder than that. It's also rising slowly at the moment although that shouldn't go on for much longer. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Rapodo said:

Yes it's far more west and far more precip attached. It's a long way out from what was expected and timings are wrong too.

the front is making things for tomorrow more interesting

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, Rapodo said:

I’m wondering if it’s heavy enough we might get evaporated cooling which may change it over quicker. 

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, fromey said:

I’m wondering if it’s heavy enough we might get evaporated cooling which may change it over quicker. 

Yes that's quite possible for sure! Already signs its turning to snow quite low down the country already. 

• Like 1

Posted

North Devon has snow forecast on the bbc and met now for the middle of the week - which is an improvement from an entirely dry outlook yesterday.

Posted

I can see east and North Dorset getting some snow of this tonight now. Wouldn't surprise me at all. In fact looking at the westward progression that's showing tonight and the fact that wind will be picking up I can see some surprises heading much further west than precip models are showing this week. I'm confident were see something at some stage now.

Edited by Rapodo
  • Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Ydoj said:

North Devon has snow forecast on the bbc and met now for the middle of the week - which is an improvement from an entirely dry outlook yesterday.

Whoops. Must have jinxed it. Gone from both now!