Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

AWD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
1 minute ago, festivalking said:

So to those who can't see that this place is a little bit of fun. Don't bring us down as well. 

It works both ways - If members don't like what is being posted because it doesn't show what they want, they shouldn't resort to sniping. Too much of that crap goes on in the model thread, it isn't welcome in here either.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
4 minutes ago, festivalking said:

Ah the regional thread where innuendo and gin used to be king. Where we would get excited at the lamp post, share in each other joys.  The thread was a place to escape the real world (even more this year) and get excited about a flake of snow. We're not all die hard weather fans we just would like a little bit of joy in the snow. So to those who can't see that this place is a little bit of fun. Don't bring us down as well.  Anyway if we are grumbling let's grumble about LED lamp posts they are bobbins for lamp post watching compared to the old style. Mines a double hendrix what you drinking?

Mmm now your talking.. it’s like the good old days! Mines anything with passion fruit at the moment

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
10 minutes ago, khodds said:

No.. not for ages. My life has completely changed in the last couple of years, I haven’t closed the door on it tho

Changed for the better I hope,snow this week will definitely make it better 

• Like 2

Posted
28 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I don't think I can be bothered anymore to be honest.

Some members are so fixated on snow despite already having several snow events that they've now turned to sniping. There's still plenty of us who haven't had so much as a sniff of a flake of snow yet and we're doing the least amount of moaning.

No point in moaning .. think all of us in the Purbecks have come to expect it over the years anyway!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters/Hot summers

Well I am an optimist and I hope that we have some snow even if it is a slight dusting.  Although the realist in me knows that we need a few things to fall in our favour to get a proper taste of winter.

come on everyone let’s all be nice to each other....it’s only the weather after all, if we don’t get snow then it will be a shame.  There are far worse things going on in the world at the moment and I have a dear friend fighting for their lives with COVID so to be honest be thankful we are healthy and if we get a bit of snow it will be a bonus, this puts everything into perspective.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey and mild!
11 minutes ago, festivalking said:

Ah the regional thread where innuendo and gin used to be king. Where we would get excited at the lamp post, share in each other joys.  The thread was a place to escape the real world (even more this year) and get excited about a flake of snow. We're not all die hard weather fans we just would like a little bit of joy in the snow. So to those who can't see that this place is a little bit of fun. Don't bring us down as well.  Anyway if we are grumbling let's grumble about LED lamp posts they are bobbins for lamp post watching compared to the old style. Mines a double hendrix what you drinking?

Indeed. Our lamp posts replaced with LED ones last year. Nasty white hue. Not sure why they can't use a warm white?! Anyway gin sounds like a very good idea. I've got a bottle Hendrix too, Luna variety! 

Do any other Oxfordshire folk actually hang out in this thread or flit between them all? Lol

Who cares, it's 3c here and raining a little! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
Just now, snowlight robbery said:

No point in moaning .. think all of us in the Purbecks have come to expect it over the years anyway!

Exactly. Worse things happen at Dancing Ledge..

Incidentally, the 18Z UKV is quite a downgrade even in the Southeast. I hope it doesn't, because that would be gutting after the hysteria that has developed.

• Like 2

Posted

Arome now binning off tonight into tomorrow, matching the fizzle on the radar unfortunately.

anim_atf1.gif

I'll be waking up early, but only to check the cricket score.

Doesn't matter... snow will appear at short notice in the week, as quickly as it's vanished tonight. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
2 minutes ago, birdman said:

Indeed. Our lamp posts replaced with LED ones last year. Nasty white hue. Not sure why they can't use a warm white?! Anyway gin sounds like a very good idea. I've got a bottle Hendrix too, Luna variety! 

Do any other Oxfordshire folk actually hang out in this thread or flit between them all? Lol

Luna? Tell me more. I'm a sucker for Scottish gins at the moment.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie
4 minutes ago, birdman said:

Yes, a fellow West Oxfordshire weather watcher here ( just down the road from Witney).

Temp currently 3 and I’ll soon be lamppost watching myself, but alas we only have two down this end of the village ha ha 

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, jtay said:

Arome now binning off tonight into tomorrow, matching the fizzle on the radar unfortunately.

anim_atf1.gif

I'll be waking up early, but only to check the cricket score.

Doesn't matter... snow will appear at short notice in the week, as quickly as it's vanished tonight. 

To me that doesn't match the current radar in the slightest. Precip is way more west than that originally suggested. ??

Look at the timings in relation to precip on live radar.

Edited by Rapodo
  • Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, festivalking said:

Luna? Tell me more. I'm a sucker for Scottish gins at the moment.  

Never had Scottish gin. I'm sure it's very good though! The best gin I've ever had is my local(ish) Cotswold gin. That one you have to try it's superb. Goes cloudy when you mix with tonic as it's packed with botanicals. The Hendrix Luna is perfectly drinkable, it's just a slightly different blend I think. 

• Like 1

Posted
43 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I don't think I can be bothered anymore to be honest.

Some members are so fixated on snow despite already having several snow events that they've now turned to sniping. There's still plenty of us who haven't had so much as a sniff of a flake of snow yet and we're doing the least amount of moaning.

Please continue. Some of us appreciate your superb input to this thread. Not least because it demonstrates the big difference conditions can have in this region. Others need to take a thought before posting criticism.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Bearfishmoles said:

Yes, a fellow West Oxfordshire weather watcher here ( just down the road from Witney).

Temp currently 3 and I’ll soon be lamppost watching myself, but alas we only have two down this end of the village ha ha

Ah excellent! Well I have a lamp post right outside my house so I'll let you know. Lovely little village Alvescot and right near my favourite raf base! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Sun
32 minutes ago, festivalking said:

I'm on the thatchers...

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, Rapodo said:

To me that doesn't match the current radar in the slightest. Precip is way more west than that originally suggested. ??

Look at the timings in relation to precip on live radar.

Quite, guess it does depend how intense the precipitation has to be to show on Aromes modelling but see both the 21:00 radar shot vs the 12z Arome;

D1F1A1C5-AD68-40F6-AC1A-B8F6D3252C82.thumb.jpeg.670ccb7acb7e4ec9c5b277fc229519da.jpeg4B6220BA-07E5-4B58-B5A2-973F1DFB9BD8.thumb.jpeg.9f6f89613610fcb51f1dab9663d0a184.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, dec10snow said:

Quite, guess it does depend how intense the precipitation has to be to show on Aromes modelling but see both the 21:00 radar shot vs the 12z Arome;

D1F1A1C5-AD68-40F6-AC1A-B8F6D3252C82.thumb.jpeg.670ccb7acb7e4ec9c5b277fc229519da.jpeg4B6220BA-07E5-4B58-B5A2-973F1DFB9BD8.thumb.jpeg.9f6f89613610fcb51f1dab9663d0a184.jpeg

Yes already it's making it towards IOW. Just goes to show not to trust precip charts this week already.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
5 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

I'm on the thatchers...

Each to there own

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
29 minutes ago, suxer said:

Changed for the better I hope,snow this week will definitely make it better 

Definitely for the better!! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather
4 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

I'm on the thatchers...

Hi gang ,i live just a mile from thatchers ,2.7c here ,and i too have these damn white street lights  ,will probably have curtain twitch tonight ,cheers gang .

• Like 4