Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

AWD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
13 minutes ago, jethro said:

And what's wrong with the Mendips? I mean apart from the rain, the Mendip murk and fog?

I'm plotting a move to the Mendip plateau, moving to the highest village... increased snow chances has absolutely nothing to do with it. Honest Ma Lud.

Of course. I believe you... 

Nothing wrong with the Mendips, as with many places, I just personally wouldn't fancy living there. I enjoy not having to get in the car to go everywhere where I live like supermarket, gym etc. Mendips are perfect to get away from it all though, any time of the year!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Quite a cluster of showers over North Devon, Somerset, Mendips etc now.  Radar suggests rain/sleet at lower levels with snow possible higher up.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Storms

Just thought I’d share some photos of what we woke up to this morning. We moved last yr to the other side of town and are on a slight hill now. Whilst out enjoying a walk in it, watching families building snowmen and kids laughing having snowball fights, me and Mr Calneee both agreed that this has been a much needed and welcomed mental break. 

CB8C1DEC-E41C-4190-8E8A-BEEC887801F5.jpeg

F9601597-EA66-4EFD-9CF6-7DCE11032185.jpeg

33883C60-6D29-4001-A5C1-61158FD8B3A5.jpeg

61895965-08F0-46AE-83C1-2A0F233663DD.jpeg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Snowing here

• Like 7

Posted

Back to green here, with the showers heading in from the West. 

IMG_20210124_145846455.thumb.jpg.4efccf29b69faaa4b94f9ecaa925b4c9.jpg

They'll fizzle to a large extent, but we'll see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!
3 minutes ago, Calneee said:

Just thought I’d share some photos of what we woke up to this morning. We moved last yr to the other side of town and are on a slight hill now. Whilst out enjoying a walk in it, watching families building snowmen and kids laughing having snowball fights, me and Mr Calneee both agreed that this has been a much needed and welcomed mental break. 

CB8C1DEC-E41C-4190-8E8A-BEEC887801F5.jpeg

F9601597-EA66-4EFD-9CF6-7DCE11032185.jpeg

33883C60-6D29-4001-A5C1-61158FD8B3A5.jpeg

61895965-08F0-46AE-83C1-2A0F233663DD.jpeg

The enjoyment snowfalls bring to our lives is what it's all about.

Memories from being a kid sledging and getting the day off school, early morning walks before anyone else has disturbed the fresh snow, or the togetherness it brings to a community when everyone has to walk to the local shop for milk because they can't get the car out. Maybe helping push that car up the hill or just sitting back and watching the snow fall in the light of the streetlight.

All great stuff, and especially poignant in the current situation. it makes me happy to know snow can be a conduit for better mental health and a general feeling of togetherness. 

The forum just adds to this as we can all share our love for the white stuff. (did I get to mushy lol)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
1 minute ago, jtay said:

Back to green here, with the showers heading in from the West. 

IMG_20210124_145846455.thumb.jpg.4efccf29b69faaa4b94f9ecaa925b4c9.jpg

They'll fizzle to a large extent, but we'll see.

Blimey, has everything from this morning melted? Still got almost full coverage here, just shrunk a bit and dropped off the bushes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

More rain than sleet here temps dropping tho

Posted

Sleet now ??

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, jethro said:

Blimey, has everything from this morning melted? Still got almost full coverage here, just shrunk a bit and dropped off the bushes.

There's bits in the garden, but Clearbury Down has been bathed in Sunshine all afternoon and is back to green.

Posted

Aaand we are off!! Snooowwww. Bugger. Sleet again

Edited by khodds
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, cold, ice, frost, thundersnow,

Anyone here get more than 8cm? Seems many in the region had around 7/8cm (3in) from the band of snow this morning going by posts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
10 minutes ago, sukayuonsensnow said:

Anyone here get more than 8cm? Seems many in the region had around 7/8cm (3in) from the band of snow this morning going by posts.

Preliminary ruler-in-patio measurement at 9am gave me just over 7cm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

I peaked at about 3" at dawn. 

Apparently, the Mrs tells me I always over-exagerate the inches though so I'm not to be wholly trusted.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc
5 minutes ago, AWD said:

I peaked at about 3" at dawn. 

Apparently, the Mrs tells me I always over-exagerate the inches though so I'm not to be wholly trusted.

Wasn’t the Mrs that said you peaked at 3 inches at dawn was it? 

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Getmydrift said:

Over in Kings Worthy, it was nice whilst it lasted. I wonder if we will get lucky with a 'proper' fall before spring arrives? 

Over 5 minutes hop over Andover Road! Well welcome here. Can't have enough Winchesterites! At this rate when Corona sods off we are going to have to arrange a group meet up! I just been back to bed and had a 2 hour nappity nap nap. It's mostly all gone now. Booo! It was really nice and Sophies first real snow - she's 5 and was 2 I think when the last lot came. I don't think we will mate. Reckon this is our lot. We will be extremely lucky if we do!!

Forgot some more of my piccies from today. Jess is 8 and Sophie is 5 They both thoroughly enjoyed it and the first time ever no complaints of "i'm cold"!!

I woke at 730 and took a couple of photos and a video of the snow falling. The video is rubbish so won't post it unless requested. I went back to sleep for another hour then was woken up my Jess (8) shouting "It's snooooooowed!" super excited voice! We all jumped out of bed and got dressed quick and went straight away. No breakfast nothing - well except hubby who is a miserable old fart and needed coffee first. He came out after about half hour. We went in the back garden and made a mini snowman. Then hubby had climbed in the loft and got the sledge down so we all went out to the drive to make use of the hill it goes up to go down. Then went over to the park for more sledging. Sophie met a school friend from her class who was chasing her and throwing snowballs. Then we came back to the driveway for more sledging before going in for breakie and the all important netweather catch up for me!!!

More snow please ...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

• Like 8