Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

AWD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Cloudy earlier with the odd sunny spell but now the skies cleared leaving a sunny afternoon so far. 4.9°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything other than drizzle

Afternoon all, It looks like our next hope for snow will be Friday morning and is likely to be light and more of a flurry. Then the winds change to more of a west to north westerly, with an Atlantic influence from Saturday onwards. The transitioning of the HP is so key for the next phase of our weather. If it topples and flattens then theres every chance things could be more mild and mobile for a little while, with the majority of the cold staying out to the east north east. My hunch is that we will turn more westerly and flatter for a while, many of the models are going for that too. The PV split just isn't falling great for us. We need less of the cold heading in to Canada and NE USA. When this happens the cold from the vortex chunk mixes with the mild Atlantic and fires up the jet. I

Edited by Ventnor Viking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow
11 minutes ago, Ventnor Viking said:

Afternoon all, It looks like our next hope for snow will be Friday morning and is likely to be light and more of a flurry. Then the winds change to more of a west to north westerly, with an Atlantic influence from Saturday onwards. The transitioning of the HP is so key for the next phase of our weather. If it topples and flattens then theres every chance things could be more mild and mobile for a little while, with the majority of the cold staying out to the east north east. My hunch is that we will turn more westerly and flatter for a while, many of the models are going for that too. The PV split just isn't falling great for us. We need less of the cold heading in to Canada and NE USA. When this happens the cold from the vortex chunk mixes with the mild Atlantic and fires up the jet. I

There was talk of a front moving up from France tonight and it or tomoz? It was on the fax chart yesterday, Did you see that? Or has that gone the way of the pear? 

7C3F4DBA-BAE7-4E51-BEDB-E85FE0F6D916.png

Edited by iowpompeylee
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything other than drizzle
3 minutes ago, iowpompeylee said:

There was talk of a front moving up from France tonight and it or tomoz? It was on the fax chart yesterday, Did you see that? Or has that gone the way of the pear? 

I did see that, but I think it was always touch and go in the track of the precipitation. I think its just bringing cloud now mate and not much in the way of precipitation. 

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Ventnor Viking said:

I did see that, but I think it was always touch and go in the track of the precipitation. I think its just bringing cloud now mate and not much in the way of precipitation. 

Unless you're on Guernsey. It's just been a conveyor belt of rain for ages.

Edit : I'm not there btw, just noticed it's a near permanent feature this week.

Edited by jtay

Posted
5 minutes ago, Ventnor Viking said:

Just our luck! ☹️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Today is the first day where everything dried out somewhat, since November. I managed to cut the lawn, which is a first in January for me. It's just been growing and growing throughout the last 6 - 8 weeks.

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Rapodo said:

Yes very odd! Must of been a brief cold layer. Worth keeping an eye out later.

4.7c now 1031.2 barometric pressure 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Well that "sunny afternoon" lasted about an hour  

Cloudy again now. 4.3°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Funny to see the "golden charts" still 10+ days away. abcde chasing star dust!

Come on Becks? Like me, you've been on NW since God knows when... How many times has Snowmageddon not been at Day 10?!:santa-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted

I’m still hopeful of some sort of snowfall in the next 3 days.. Thursday/Friday look very cold! Hope there’s some precipitation about!! 

• Like 2

Posted

Quiet tonight. Thought I’d break the silence... currently temp 4c dew points 2.... ugh feels bitter in cold wind. On the IOW 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

It is most definitely cold!!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Harsh Frosts & Heavy Snow

It's a little bit doom and gloom in the mod thread. Starting to feel like all the eggs are in the SSW basket and of course that doesn't guarantee cold. I will cling on to any hope I can though because that's what makes this hobby fun. Dreaming of a March 2018 repeat... I hope the mods don't mind me posting these memorable charts / tweets

1q2.thumb.jpeg.9c31f4281df66363cbadb168dec909d5.jpeg 1q3.thumb.jpeg.c8095382d6375a9f6dc373a257500076.jpeg1q.thumb.jpg.93bd6aae3102eb494d90410c389b1e48.jpg1q4.thumb.jpg.b283696ba1a29efb7d93c46cbbd8357d.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
8 minutes ago, MidnightSnow said:

It's a little bit doom and gloom in the mod thread. Starting to feel like all the eggs are in the SSW basket and of course that doesn't guarantee cold. I will cling on to any hope I can though because that's what makes this hobby fun. Dreaming of a March 2018 repeat... I hope the mods don't mind me posting these memorable charts / tweets

1q2.thumb.jpeg.9c31f4281df66363cbadb168dec909d5.jpeg 1q3.thumb.jpeg.c8095382d6375a9f6dc373a257500076.jpeg1q.thumb.jpg.93bd6aae3102eb494d90410c389b1e48.jpg1q4.thumb.jpg.b283696ba1a29efb7d93c46cbbd8357d.jpg

That brings back memories. If only we could have the same again but better not to much to ask. Still no snow here but tis a tad chilly

• Like 1

Posted

IMG_20180302_063236525.thumb.jpg.bcad8a6b3bb09b393937889cbf344eb9.jpg

35 minutes ago, MidnightSnow said:

I've still got screenshots of the warnings and radar lol.

Edited by Jayfromcardiff
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Hi, got fond memories of March 2018 - I was living In a frost hollow at the time, and one night before the snow came it was -8c, but the air was so dry there was no frost in the morning! Not seen that before. And when it arrived the snow was so fine and powdery it looked like glitter falling. Only downside was snowballs weren’t an option, but I’ll happily have it again! 

Just seen a gritter lorry - not sure why the roads are bone dry and it still feels above freezing. They know something we don’t? 

Edited by SilverWolf

Posted

How’s everyone’s temps tonight!? Still relatively warm here on the Isle of Wight 4c/ dew point 2 but obviously feels like 0c in windchill x 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Nothing supportive of anything wintry here. I can't see another opportunity for at least a couple of weeks.

I say another.. I haven't had any yet lol

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

Not sure if I can post a tweet in here, delete if not.  but maybe a bit of interest for a few in here tonight!

1D7647B6-E808-4FB9-9CCE-3B46783BBE5C.png

Edited by iowpompeylee
  • Like 2