Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

AWD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
7 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Wasn't my choice. If I had my way there's no way I would've moved close to the coast.

haha

I would never move away from here. If someone were to tell me that I won't get a thunderstorm or any snow for the next 30 years, I wouldn't move. Living this close to so much amazing coastline and some wonderful places, nothing could tempt me away.

Edited by Mapantz
typo
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
17 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

haha

I would never move away from here. If someone were to tell me that I won't get a thunderstorm or any snow for the next 30 years, I wouldn't move. Living this close to so much amazing coastline and some wonderful places, nothing could tempt me away.

I'll admit where you are is a nice part of the coastline. To be honest the coast never tempted me enough to want to move here, as nice as it is.

Edited by matt111
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

On another note it's finally dropped closer to freezing here now. 0.6°C

Posted
1 hour ago, iowpompeylee said:

Been tracking this precipitation. Seems to be building and heading Isle of Wight way. Might sink or shrink before it may come this way! May see what it’s like in an hour or so...anybody else is tracking it??? 

226BBD86-67BB-46AD-A58E-C73C55C03FDE.png

Blimey!  Yes it does seem to be heading west although at a horrifically slow rate!

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Blimey!  Yes it does seem to be heading west although at a horrifically slow rate!

All nighter for that?

Posted

Going mad in the mod thread over the upcoming snow prospects and guess what?! Nothing for the iow AGAIN ugh am I feeling a bit bitter-yes and not in the cold way lol ?‍♀️ Thoroughly fed up I just want 1 decent snowfall here that lasts a couple days - enough to build a snowman that’s it surely not much to ask ?‍♀️ It appears it is thoughsorry for the negativity

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
1 hour ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Would you like me to come sneeze snow on your house?

Anytime!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
12 minutes ago, Isleofwightsnowgal74 said:

Going mad in the mod thread over the upcoming snow prospects and guess what?! Nothing for the iow AGAIN ugh am I feeling a bit bitter-yes and not in the cold way lol ?‍♀️ Thoroughly fed up I just want 1 decent snowfall here that lasts a couple days - enough to build a snowman that’s it surely not much to ask ?‍♀️ It appears it is thoughsorry for the negativity

I'm sure if we get some sort of channel runner or streamer (if thats a thing lol?) I think you could do well. We just need to get some proper cold in as it really has only been marginal. I think you could get some at some point  

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

I'm sure if we get some sort of channel runner or streamer (if thats a thing lol?) I think you could do well. We just need to get some proper cold in as it really has only been marginal. I think you could get some at some point  

Really hope so

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

Just imagine what the Newport IOW traffic bottleneck would be like when some snow is chucked into the mix.

• Like 5

Posted
3 hours ago, Isleofwightsnowgal74 said:

It's gonna happen. Might not be armageddon but you'll get some snow.

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, The Enforcer said:

Just imagine what the Newport IOW traffic bottleneck would be like when some snow is chucked into the mix.

Been following your near misses. Commiserations!  You've taken it in good spirit. I'd never guarantee anything but I think you'll do well in the next week or so.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

Good morning, current temps on the Isle of Wight..not expecting anything, 

CC8C2AE9-54DA-4E91-A0FE-C26A2359AEA2.png

Posted
7 hours ago, Isleofwightsnowgal74 said:

The morning after last nights pub run party and there’s a lot of sore heads in there today. The UKMO and ECM have just thrown a rather large spanner in the works and not in FI either. How many times have we seen that? 

Then you get the usual one liners about the GFS - ‘Let’s hope it’s right’ ‘Watch it come into line with the ECM/UKMO’. The latter probably being correct.

Winters got a long way to run and it won’t be over mid January.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Well another let down. Was hoping to wake to maybe a dusting, or failing that a frost. But no, instead,  it's 3c and lovely and normal morning. At least it's not raining. Praise the lord for small mercies. 

Popped in to the model thread and quickly left, it doesn't look good for sustained cold anymore. Would be typical if that was the case,  good old Blighty manages to swerve a full strat reversal and end up being the only place in the Northern hemisphere to be mild.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)
8 hours ago, Mapantz said:

haha

Beautiful part of the world . I often went across there in late teens and in to twenties . 
then I moved away from the not best place on the coast , moved in land but still often travel to your amazing part of the world . 

• Like 1

Posted

A high of 5.3c at 2pm yesterday.
Was 1c at midnight and a low of 0.8c at 2am

Light cloud, still no precipitation of any kind since last Tuesday here.
Wind overnight has moved to NNE and increased to 8-9mph.
Now, 2.5c, 1016.1 hPa

Posted

I said I wouldn't and wished I hadnt. Just popped to the mad thread and oh dear!!! It appears things maybe going to what people dont want. Has anybody caught any toys yet???  Still no snow here wind is keen though. Hopefully this potential ssw will kick in soon and bring some snow to our region. Then look forward  to storms in the summer 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

Looks like there are some lively showers peppering in from the east, whether any hold together or it’s going to be cold enough. I don’t know! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I wouldn’t worry about the mod thread or the models atm. Last night we were looking at a 1684 redux.... too much chopping and changing.

Here this morning it’s just grey and cold but less cold than the last few days. How thrilling.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
11 minutes ago, iowpompeylee said:

Looks like there are some lively showers peppering in from the east, whether any hold together or it’s going to be cold enough. I don’t know! 

I do. 2.9C and Rain. Crap again.

• Thanks 1