Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
2 hours ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Ice warning out for this morning do take it handy!! 

h_lnxvxlqrdqb2kyrixw3lmmul7n-abrzjuzyvzd
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Met Office UK weather warnings for rain, snow, wind, fog and ice. Choose your location to keep up to date with local weather warnings.

I suppose frost is better than howling gales and looking at the extended models, frost looks like the form horse.

Unfortunately, any snow looks weeks away if at all.

• Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

I suppose frost is better than howling gales and looking at the extended models, frost looks like the form horse.

Unfortunately, any snow looks weeks away if at all.

How many years now is it without a white Christmas surely we have to get lucky soon

Just had a quick look think this is the longest stretch without a white Christmas 11 years.

Edited by booferking
  • Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, booferking said:

How many years now is it without a white Christmas surely we have to get lucky soon

Just had a quick look think this is the longest stretch without a white Christmas 11 years.

2010 was white but no snow actually fell that day. I think 2007 was snow falling from a brief Northerly toppler.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper winter/Proper summer

I definitely had falling snow on Xmas day 2009 from a weak front moving into already cold air. As stated above Xmas day 2010 was amazing but without falling snow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

I am probably the only one on here that is happy to see that high starting to sink. Off to Iceland on the 30th with my Son and it just wouldn't have been the same without a good Snowstorm. Lol. 

• Like 2

Posted

Well @ronan if we have 4 feet deep snow fields covering the island, you can have your HP sink down over us and keep it all wintery!

• Like 2

Posted
5 hours ago, Rocheydub said:

Well @ronan if we have 4 feet deep snow fields covering the island, you can have your HP sink down over us and keep it all wintery!

I really hope it turns out like that Rochey. We are all long overdue a cold snowy Winter. 

• Like 1

Posted

Looks like game on, bbc weekly certainly positive. Last night looked more sw feed tonight a ne e feed. 6/1 aldergrove snow on Christmas Day has me interested.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summer. Snowy Winter.

Serious ECM 12z for Connaught and Ulster this evening. A white Christmas to put it mildly if that comes off.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, O'Maille80 said:

Serious ECM 12z for Connaught and Ulster this evening. A white Christmas to put it mildly if that comes off.

No good for Southern England though so not a good run!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Well lads...back again

Tempted to put this up on model thread with an appropriate gif Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office

Screenshot_20211217-201046_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper winter/Proper summer
On 17/12/2021 at 20:12, Sperrin said:

Well lads...back again

Tempted to put this up on model thread with an appropriate gif Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office

Screenshot_20211217-201046_Chrome.jpg

We’d take that 

Posted

I'd even take a good frosty Christmas day. 6 inches of snow would obviously be better.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow? Thunder

Looks like turning much colder by Christmas and beyond.....if things fall right some of us could see snow over the festive season....certainly looking frosty for all, but too early to be sure if / when / where snow will fall....but looks promising at this early stage that some places may be lucky .....we are due a good winter and the timing of it kicking off around Xmas is  exciting.....   

Posted

Yes. Things look promising for sure. 

There will be frustration for some though as some get buried whilst other 20 miles up or down the road get nothing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow? Thunder
1 hour ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Took a quick look in the MT, I honestly don't have a clue what's going on, for whom, where, or when. At this stage I would be just glad to see some blue skies, it's been nothing but dull this past while.

Yeah models can't agree on anything beyond 96 hours....so many solutions.... ..but general theme is for weather to turn much colder and there will be snow in places I expect ......but where that will fall and how early it arrives is anyone's guess.....GEM has snow risk for Christmas while GFS is slow burner but gets there just after....ECM had us in the freezer last night to end of the run where as today it brings in milder weather later in the run....UKMO also very cold but only goes to 168 hours ......could be another few days before Christmas period is clearer.. ...probably further north currently favoured initially with snow risk spreading south in time would be my take for our little island as things stand.... 

Edited by Summer Snow

• European State of the Climate 2023 - Widespread flooding and severe heatwaves

The annual ESOTC is a key evidence report about European climate and past weather. High temperatures, heatwaves, wildfires, torrential rain and flooding, data and insight from 2023, Read more here

Jo Farrow
    Jo Farrow
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Chilly with an increasing risk of frost

Once Monday's band of rain fades, the next few days will be drier. However, it will feel cool, even cold, in the breeze or under gloomy skies, with an increasing risk of frost. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Dubai Floods: Another Warning Sign for Desert Regions?

The flooding in the Middle East desert city of Dubai earlier in the week followed record-breaking rainfall. It doesn't rain very often here like other desert areas, but like the deadly floods in Libya last year showed, these rain events are likely becoming more extreme due to global warming. View the full blog here

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather 2