IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow? Thunder
2 hours ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Early wind warning out for Friday night into Saturday 

h_lnxvxlqrdqb2kyrixw3lmmul7n-abrzjuzyvzd
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Met Office UK weather warnings for rain, snow, wind, fog and ice. Choose your location to keep up to date with local weather warnings.

Also with the way models are upgrading the cold upper air for the weekend I wouldn't be surprised to see a dusting of snow in more northern areas ......probably be dry here in the southeast but you guys up north could see the first flakes of winter....also going to feel bitterly cold everywhere this weekend in the very strong northerly wind and temps prob just a few degrees above freezing ......still a long way out and possible that heavier band of rain / snow over Britain is edged further west if models are underpaying amplification....

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, Summer Snow said:

Also with the way models are upgrading the cold upper air for the weekend I wouldn't be surprised to see a dusting of snow in more northern areas ......probably be dry here in the southeast but you guys up north could see the first flakes of winter....also going to feel bitterly cold everywhere this weekend in the very strong northerly wind and temps prob just a few degrees above freezing ......still a long way out and possible that heavier band of rain / snow over Britain is edged further west if models are underpaying amplification....

Fingers crossed for snow in Ireland but looks very scattered.

At least there will be something to talk about with the strong Northerly winds, pretty unusual at any time of the year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: whatever the weather, I'll be watching.

Good luck for snow this week everyone. I won't see a drop as in partly Sunny Malta for the next 12 days. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Take 

Screenshot_20211123-143546_Chrome.jpg

The 6Z giveth and the 12Z taketh away. I think anything wintry will be brief. Too much of an North Easterly element.

image.png.bd4792279a3da043aa4c011c35651856.png

• Like 1

Posted

image.thumb.png.ce0c6185d890531f09d61394d4bd79af.png

Saw this posted on the Main model thread. High Res Euro4 cumulative snowfall over the next 48 hours. Not bad for some. Note this is falling snow and not laying snow though.

Posted

Hi all,

Lets see what this winter got in store for us, we have moved house over the summer. +-100 meters vertically up which should improve our chances.

• Like 2

Posted
55 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

image.thumb.png.ce0c6185d890531f09d61394d4bd79af.png

Saw this posted on the Main model thread. High Res Euro4 cumulative snowfall over the next 48 hours. Not bad for some. Note this is falling snow and not laying snow though.

Something to look at, at least (hopefully)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

I've been keeping an eye on the GFS precipitation type charts and I'm hoping they come true  they're probably being optimistic though.

Posted

Well all the mild muck of autumn will be literally blown away this weekend. High ground may even see some laying snow so here's hoping. Good to see a bit of activity in here!

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Red wind warning out for the Eastern coasts of Scotland down through Northern England relatively tame affair here so far

Yeh. Will be a damp squid.

My Mum is in the red zone.

Posted

How's things folks. Hope you are all well. Lovely to see a storm from the North. Not too often we get them and hopefully a sign of things to come this Winter. Heavy hail on and off most of the day here and also had Thunder and Lightning in the last 30 mins.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

Some wintery stuff lying on the Coleraine - Limavady road at half 4 hard to say if it was just hail or snow and hail.

Posted
Just now, mountain shadow said:

Probably end up in France knowing our luck

Ha your not wrong there. GFS all over the place lately so I'll not believe anything until Tuesday.