Jump to content
Thunder?
Local
Radar
Pollen

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion Jan 2021 Onwards


Recommended Posts

Posted
  • Location: limavady N.I 23m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy
  • Location: limavady N.I 23m ASL
    1 minute ago, The Weather Watcher said:

    Suppose I may get up, go get some milk and put petrol in the car. The green is getting too close on the Eastern edge for my liking.

    I'm showing as being under green and it's dry powder snow falling I wouldn't worry too much.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    Posted
  • Location: County Londonderry 36m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Proper winter/Proper summer
  • Location: County Londonderry 36m ASL

    Yes got a bit of a white out going on now. Mad to think it’s like this today and supposedly 13 degrees here tomorrow. 
    Better to go out with a bang than to slowly lose the cold to drizzle.

     

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Co.Tyrone
  • Location: Co.Tyrone
    Just now, Northwest NI said:

    Yes got a bit of a white out going on now. Mad to think it’s like this today and supposedly 13 degrees here tomorrow. 
    Better to go out with a bang than to slowly lose the cold to drizzle.

     

    Thats some difference, t shirt temps those

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: County Londonderry 36m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Proper winter/Proper summer
  • Location: County Londonderry 36m ASL
    1 minute ago, Baltic Regions said:

    Tension building. 

    Waiting. 

    It’s all happened in space of half hour. Dry and cold half an hour ago now the ground is white and horizontal snow. Bide your time, it’s coming!

    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: County Londonderry 36m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Proper winter/Proper summer
  • Location: County Londonderry 36m ASL
    5 minutes ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

    Thats some difference, t shirt temps those

    It’s a pity there wasn’t a day or too of cold to follow this to appreciate it. It looks like as soon as the snow stops falling that’s it.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Derry
  • Location: Derry
    7 minutes ago, Northwest NI said:

    It’s all happened in space of half hour. Dry and cold half an hour ago now the ground is white and horizontal snow. Bide your time, it’s coming!

    Yeah definitely getting a bit heavier now. Radar looking good. 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Lee, London. SE12, 41 mts. 134.5 ft asl.
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy, wintry weather
  • Location: Lee, London. SE12, 41 mts. 134.5 ft asl.

    Morning all,

    From a S.E. England interloper.

    Just looking for a bit of advice, please.

    I host a Horse Racing Competition on the Lounge Thread, based on the Live coverage from our ITV Channel.

    As both Newbury and Warwick have been abandoned, they are now scheduled to be covering Naas.

    But I'm a bit concerned about all the reports of Snow around, at the moment.

    Do you guys know, what the situation is like at Naas?

    Really looking forward to the Cheltenham Festival and hoping your fellas do the business as usual, via Gordon Elliott and Willie Mullins.

    Having worked in the Bookmaking Industry for 30 Years and been a Punter myself, have to say Ruby Walsh is the finest National Hunt Jockey, I've witnessed, and I doubt if I will see the like of him again.

    I do have quite a strong Irish connection via my Wife Colette. Her Grandmother was from Mountmellick, Co. Laois.

    Much thanks.

    Regards,

    Tom. 👍

    • Like 2
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Co.Tyrone
  • Location: Co.Tyrone
    10 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

    Morning all,

    From a S.E. England interloper.

    Just looking for a bit of advice, please.

    I host a Horse Racing Competition on the Lounge Thread, based on the Live coverage from our ITV Channel.

    As both Newbury and Warwick have been abandoned, they are now scheduled to be covering Naas.

    But I'm a bit concerned about all the reports of Snow around, at the moment.

    Do you guys know, what the situation is like at Naas?

    Really looking forward to the Cheltenham Festival and hoping your fellas do the business as usual, via Gordon Elliott and Willie Mullins.

    Having worked in the Bookmaking Industry for 30 Years and been a Punter myself, have to say Ruby Walsh is the finest National Hunt Jockey, I've witnessed, and I doubt if I will see the like of him again.

    I do have quite a strong Irish connection via my Wife Colette. Her Grandmother was from Mountmellick, Co. Laois.

    Much thanks.

    Regards,

    Tom. 👍

    Was supposed to be an inspection this morning at 7.30am, haven't seen any reports re cancellations yet Tom 👍

    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: limavady N.I 23m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy
  • Location: limavady N.I 23m ASL

    It's lying here but the snow is too fine and light to accumulate and is just blowing around in the snow.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Loughmacrory, Co Tyrone. 170m asl
  • Weather Preferences: snow
  • Location: Loughmacrory, Co Tyrone. 170m asl

    Class Pomeroy!

    It's very rare we get such dry snow, I just took this photo of my next door neighbours back yard where snow has blown clean off sheltered spot and has accumulated in 6 inch drifts around her big plant pots. 

    20210213_084629.jpg

    • Like 5
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Lee, London. SE12, 41 mts. 134.5 ft asl.
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy, wintry weather
  • Location: Lee, London. SE12, 41 mts. 134.5 ft asl.
    2 minutes ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

    Was supposed to be an inspection this morning at 7.30am, haven't seen any reports re cancellations yet Tom 👍

    Thanks FP, just seen on our Racing Post Website, that Naas has passed that Inspection.

    Colette is my 2nd Wife.

    Sadly my 1st Wife died at a fairly young age, and had an Irish bloodline on both sides, via O'Hanlon and O'Donoghue.

    Enjoy your Snow, those that do and make sure you back plenty of Winners, at Cheltenham!!

    Cheers,

    TomSE12. 👍

    • Like 2
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Dungiven, Derry, N. Ireland. 81m asl.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
  • Location: Dungiven, Derry, N. Ireland. 81m asl.

    Nice enough layer here, couple of inches were it has drifted. Getting ready for work so there'll be plenty of layers going on!

    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Bangor, Co. Down
  • Location: Bangor, Co. Down

    Snowflakes just starting to appear here in the air now blowing about in the wind 

    Temp/dew: 1.3/-2.3

    Edited by SnowJon
    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Near Ballintoy (North Antrim) 110m asl
  • Location: Near Ballintoy (North Antrim) 110m asl

    Started now, really light nothing sticking yet

    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Bangor, Northern Ireland
  • Weather Preferences: whatever the weather, I'll be watching.
  • Location: Bangor, Northern Ireland
    1 minute ago, mountain shadow said:

    Moderate snow sand just starting to stick

     

    snow sand? Must have been caught up in winds from the Sahara 🙃. 😋

    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
     Share

    • Recently Browsing   0 members

      No registered users viewing this page.

    ×
    ×
    • Create New...