Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

Posted

Radar certainly looks a bit healthier this evening. Does look central parts of the province miss out for now. What direction is the wind this  evening?

Posted
33 minutes ago, Northwest NI said:

Little bit of interest for us in NW tonight @ronan.....

Few flakes starting to fall here. Not graupel.

058A43FD-E637-413D-AE60-4CD24F70A1AB.jpeg

Ohhhh. Where did that come from. I had a snooze after work and look what happens I still hate Easterlies but! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper winter/Proper summer
17 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Just to run it in, here's my Mum's garden in Dundee.

20210209_172206.jpg

A slight covering

Posted
1 hour ago, Northwest NI said:

Little bit of interest for us in NW tonight @ronan.....

Few flakes starting to fall here. Not graupel.

058A43FD-E637-413D-AE60-4CD24F70A1AB.jpeg

Looking good for us up here certainly, continuing to grow and intensify nicely too!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow? Thunder

Graupel been falling here since late Sunday night almost non stop....often very light but had a heavy burst for 45 mins last night that turned everything white and again for 45 mins this morning ......havn't seen  a proper snowflake though yet.....I have always done well with getting snow from easterlies going back as long as I can remember, but amazingly this is the second easterly this year with decent synoptics that hasn't brought a snowflake....The 4 day easterly back between 3-6th of  Jan brought hail, rain and sleet as air was too modified.....this one so far has brought persistent graupel as not enough instability despite decent upper air temps. ....you couldn't make it up ha..   the proper if lightish snowfalls I saw on 7th Jan and between 22nd amd 24th Jan came from fronts arriving from the west in a northerly airsream which is usually crap for my location.....the snow  due to arrive Thursdays is again due to a front coming in from the west .....first time in my life that not one but two easterlies have failed to register a proper flake of snow here in what's usually a good location when winds are from the east......thats weather for you...

All that said I am glad others are seeing some snow and hopefully more to come over coming days for us all.... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow? Thunder
7 minutes ago, ronan said:

Screenshot_20210209_175837.jpg

Screenshot_20210209_175851.jpg

Good luck to all ye up north....goes to show surprises can pop up once the air is cold enough 

• Like 2

Posted
15 minutes ago, Runway26 said:

Looking good for us up here certainly, continuing to grow and intensify nicely too!

I’m in Dundalk. Snow to the north of me, snow to the south of me, stuck in the middle with  

Posted
2 minutes ago, Downburst said:

I’m in Dundalk. Snow to the north of me, snow to the south of me, stuck in the middle with  

Sorry to hear about that now. I had a few situations like that a few weeks ago in our North Westerly setup, plenty of showers passing to the north over Lough Foyle with bunches going over to the south of me. Hopefully you'll get something of significance!

• Like 1

Posted
23 minutes ago, ronan said:

Screenshot_20210209_175837.jpg

Screenshot_20210209_175851.jpg

Those two yellow strips look like 2 fingers being stuck up at me.

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, BIG LAD said:

Those two yellow strips look like 2 fingers being stuck up at me

Ha well I wouldnt be losing too much sleep over it. Its all breaking up before it gets here. 

Posted

Its all over by Saturday night it seems with ECM & UKMO the GFS  all on its own for Sunday so as things stand for the north snow Saturday maybe so make the most of it Saturday if there is snow on the ground.

Posted
1 minute ago, booferking said:

Its all over by Saturday night it seems with ECM & UKMO the GFS  all on its own for Sunday so as things stand for the north snow Saturday maybe so make the most of it Saturday if there is snow on the ground.

Looks crap.

Crappy end to a crappy Winter.

Posted

Yesterday 1 mile south of me had a decent 3cm covering, and north of me by about 2 miles had a decent 5 cm covering. I had some snow on the car roof this morning, that's all. I really am cursed! AT least it's cold enough to use my logs!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rocheydub said:

Yesterday 1 mile south of me had a decent 3cm covering, and north of me by about 2 miles had a decent 5 cm covering. I had some snow on the car roof this morning, that's all. I really am cursed! AT least it's cold enough to use my logs!

I think everyone in this forum is cursed - no one with any decent snow cover after all the hours put in here on netweather.

• Like 1