Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

Posted

3.6c here this morning. Big difference in 24 hours! Snow almost all gone now so it's back to model watching.

• Like 3

Posted

Tropical 7.5 in Antrim this morning. Love the run by run ups an downs of model thread. Can things get cold with snow last third January? What are thoughts in here?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow? Thunder
1 hour ago, gman144 said:

Tropical 7.5 in Antrim this morning. Love the run by run ups an downs of model thread. Can things get cold with snow last third January? What are thoughts in here?

Trends would suggest it is more likely than not.... will be ups and downs in models as usual.....but once you stand back from the variable run to run hysteria, everything points to a much colder last third of January, Possibly significant cold depending on how the dice falls....with continued  warming in the strat I would expect further cold spells in Feb and likely even in to March....no guarantees in weather and things could change but looking good in my opinion where we stand at this time......even next week is likely to be milder up to midweek and then turning cooler to rather cold as week progresses .....

Edited by Summer Snow
  • Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, gman144 said:

My marker date has been the 21st January for the bitter cold to arrive or just about to arrive.

The cold bitter air will be moving in from the North East whilst there will be moisture laden air to the South West. 

Where ever that boundary is will see heavy snow but impossible to say where that will be at the moment. 

I just want it to start firming up.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow
On 09/01/2021 at 14:01, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

@Sperrin did you take this, Loughmacrory lough all frozen?

FB_IMG_1610200807871.jpg

Sorry Pom, wasn't online since yesterday morning. Yeah it was some sight, serious amount of people been walking round it over the Xmas period. Not long home from another walk round it and its still frozen although not white with the snow. Stole this pic from a friend from the other side of the Lough.

Screenshot_20210109-103207_Twitter.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Historical weather events. ❤ the seasons! Winters crisp snow!
4 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

My marker date has been the 21st January for the bitter cold to arrive or just about to arrive.

The cold bitter air will be moving in from the North East whilst there will be moisture laden air to the South West. 

Where ever that boundary is will see heavy snow but impossible to say where that will be at the moment. 

I just want it to start firming up.

Think its just starting to MS, looks a good call by yourself and other NW members!

5.1 max today first day above a sub zero mean for a week. Temps been down to -7.

Beyond this milder blip midweek  and beyond trends looking good just hope we can tap into some of it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summer. Snowy Winter.

Insane GFS para this morning. Never seen such virtual snow in all my life. Whole island would be buried.

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

@mountain shadow I have noted the BBC weather app (I know, I know) showing more wintery weather from the 21st, this will tie in with your thinking.... 

Screenshot_20210111-073603_BBC Weather.jpg

Fingers crossed Pom. Today's ops were tremendous but still a lot of scatter in the ens. I was concerned yesterday that that the ECM ops were not on board and am glad today's did.

Hopefully we'll get closed to a resolution this evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow? Thunder
2 hours ago, Donegal said:

Good overnight runs.

Yes it seems to be coming together.....if come Wednesday orThursday , models are still showing wintry nirvana  from early to mid next week, I think we can really start getting excited.. ...best to give it another few days but confidence is rising    

• Like 1

Posted

Signs looking good guys so fingers crossed. Nearly 9c atm so wouldn't want too many more days like this.

Posted
5 minutes ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Couple of days this week potentially getting up to 10c, then falling back a wee bit going by the meto

I want -10c not plus!

• Like 3

Posted
57 minutes ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

All hail the mighty GEM

I had an ex called gem. Couldn't be trusted either.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, mountain shadow said:

ECM goes with GEM.

80% confidence that by this time next week, we're back in the mixer for snow.

I have dipped in and out of the MT so far tonight, I see someone mentioned a barlett high earlier, I take it was for wind up purposes 

Posted
Just now, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

I have dipped in and out of the MT so far tonight, I see someone mentioned a barlett high earlier, I take it was for wind up purposes 

I think it was someone who doesn't know their erse from their elbow!

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, mountain shadow said:

Another set of excellent runs tonight.

By tomorrow we should be able to say for certain whether it's on it's way.

Let's hope so MS. We really need a good cold spell and a good dumping of snow. If it does all fall in to place then it will happen in the best part of winter. Fingers and toes all crossed.