Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

A heavy shower started as I was leaving to walk the dog and ended just as I arrived home I have a reverse dalmation instead of a Labrador 

56C1DC8F-2485-4B56-809A-FC0FDF38B434.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted

The difference 150 miles makes. Here in Dublin last week we had a bit of wet snow for a half hour. Nothing stuck, even in the heaviest downpours. Another snowless winter for us. I'm well used to it now though. Great pics people, thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

I'm not too far from Clonmel, but just sleety here. 38.1 mm dropped so far today, a decent total and some minor flooding around.

Posted

Some amount of rain here in the last 24 hours, my weather station said over 50 mm, but there may be an anomaly there with splashing. I'll investigate further!

• 2 months later...
Posted

So here's something I've noticed over the last few months, I'm thinking since the start of the year, maybe even end of last year. Has anyone noticed that we haven't really had any calm days in the last while? Like no wind at all? In the last few years when out walking the dog I'd normally wear a baseball cap but this year, so far, I've had to wear a beanie as the baseball cap gets lifted off by the wind.

It's just weird - I'm in East Antrim and there just doesn't seem to have been a calm day at all recently. Maybe it's just here, maybe it's just me, but something's definitely different. Anyone else experienced it?

Posted
1 hour ago, Eastantrim4 said:

So here's something I've noticed over the last few months, I'm thinking since the start of the year, maybe even end of last year. Has anyone noticed that we haven't really had any calm days in the last while? Like no wind at all? In the last few years when out walking the dog I'd normally wear a baseball cap but this year, so far, I've had to wear a beanie as the baseball cap gets lifted off by the wind.

It's just weird - I'm in East Antrim and there just doesn't seem to have been a calm day at all recently. Maybe it's just here, maybe it's just me, but something's definitely different. Anyone else experienced it?

Here's info on the last month (knots) from Conligwx.org I got from met.ie. I suspect we just haven't had many high pressures over us is the explanation. 

image.thumb.png.a9b4f6c141e670461602c3a805969f7f.pngimage.thumb.png.6f78eca3cf2f5724d148c3c71c95c7b4.png

Had a quick look for recent data other than that, but ran out of time. here's you average wind direction

image.thumb.png.82a33c2b992a197b273809082afe7654.pngimage.thumb.png.cfbc99a4a887ff4c13821e1318f82a15.png

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Just back from a 8 day break in Sligo, Weather ok for the first 3 days then cool and windy..how you guys cope with this every summer…Get back here in Norfolk bone dry and 24c

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Is it February already? I seem to have missed Christmas!

image.webp.thumb.png.1cead011b1c4d245a29deb1cfac5f310.png

Chart for tomorrow. Gales forecast in the west.

Posted

Well, lashing it down again here.

A truly, monumental awful June with only 3 days that I would class as being proper Summer.

Endless cloudy days with temperatures of 12C-16C. Wetter as the month progressed too.

At least July is looking better for now. 

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summer. Snowy Winter.

Monday and Tuesday looking very warm. Looks like 33.3° record could be under threat.

Posted
13 hours ago, O'Maille80 said:

Monday and Tuesday looking very warm. Looks like 33.3° record could be under threat.

Sure does

ukv-40c.png.a2551c3c11ceceae9edce158759d

Posted
13 hours ago, O'Maille80 said:

Bring it on. Only had 3.5 days of Summer out of 44 so far. 

Need to see some sunshine. 100% cloud cover AGAIN here.