Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and warm, sunny summers

Looks like last night may have been another tropical night at Valentia.

If this was indeed the case, July 2021 is only the second time that two tropical nights have been recorded in Ireland in one month with July 1983 being the other which was a month of a famous Irish heatwave.

The other mad thing about these tropical nights is the fact they occurred on two consecutive days so the last time Valentia fell below 20.0C was 5 a.m. on the 21st! Phenomenal for Ireland.

image.thumb.png.b0a4b2cdfb5b8d72ec35103620fb5f03.png

(The above applies to the Republic, I have no records of tropical nights for Northern Ireland besides the record from July 1868)

• Like 3

Posted

Another glorious day beckons in what has been the most extraordinary Summer up here.

Rain returns next week and the grass definitely needs it.

20210725_090957.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Some stations have had 10 consecutive days of heatwave conditions (25C+) which makes it the longest heatwave in mid-summer since 1995! The 2013 heatwave (from a statistical standpoint) lasted from 8-12 July generally. The 2018 heatwave was more early summer as it began in June.

• Like 2

Posted

So, that's the rain arrived. What a Summer so far with barely a drop of rain in three months.

Looks like a good solid couple of weeks of unsettled weather with fingers crossed the Azores High coming back in mid August.

Enjoy the rain folks!

• Like 2

Posted

The Armagh 31.4C did not pass quality checks so the Castlederg 31.3C is the new official Northern Ireland record although I hold some skepticism with the tarmac around the station.

• Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, BruenSryan said:

The Armagh 31.4C did not pass quality checks so the Castlederg 31.3C is the new official Northern Ireland record although I hold some skepticism with the tarmac around the station.

It's official  though up Tyrone ??

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Well lads. I put together a short video of drone clips while I was doing fieldwork in Mayo. A chance to work on my editing skills I guess!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
On 02/09/2021 at 12:47, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Never in it Kippure, is it any good?

Its good.

A lot of posters here that are over there with differant usernames.

Its there new site set up. Too many Glitches. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

I'm here nearly 14 years! Hope everyone enjoyed their summer hibernation. Not much cold to report so far this autumn but early days yet!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

Out of my summer hibernation too  I got a notification I'm here 5 years but I'm pretty sure it should be 8 maybe it only goes up in 5s

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snooow

10 years here, but only during the winters hehe  

Shouldn't be long now, it's been getting colder during the nights fast. 

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Yes first frost of the season at last. Here's to many more! Welcome back pom.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: whatever the weather, I'll be watching.

Just thought I would let you all know that Geoff Waters passed away (Geoff W) https://www.netweather.tv/forum/profile/3212-geoffw/

He posted in here from time to time and was from my home town of Bangor in County Down. 

I only found out because my Mum mentioned about one of her old clients in a disability care home had died last week and she mentioned the name. I befreinded him on social media platforms also but haven't really used them in a long time. 

RIP Geoff and I hope we made your time on this earth full of wonder and excitement here on Netweather.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow? Thunder

Hi All

Back out of hibernation for the winter season....looks like the very mild and dry Autumn we have eexperienced here in the south-east is going to finally give way to cooler conditions this weekend. Still a long way off but potentially turning very cold as we go through next week so Autumn may go out with a bang and possibly usher in a cold start to winter......Frost and wintry showers likely to be in the forecast if models have this right.....and maybe a chance of the white stuff for some

• Like 3

Posted

Morning folks. Stand by your beds.

Looks like a very cold blast from the North next week is coming, any snow chances are too far away yet to pin point, but frost and bitter wind likely.

image.thumb.png.7f2bde3795123fa7a21fe49e73e4f8d8.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow? Thunder
23 hours ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Lots of BOOMING   going on in the Model Thread

And also lots of throwing toys out of prams, that snow forecast in someones back yard on a previous run for 8 days time has disappeared on latest run.......people never learn especially when it comes to forecasting snow, it is usually only 24 hours out to have any confidence and sometimes nowcasting......February this year being a prime example when the front edging in from the west around 11th was forecast even at 8am that morning  to plaster the south east here ....In reality all the snow ended up in west and northwest coastal areas and we ended up with flurries here......

Next week though is looking much colder with frost likely to return from Sunday night..... but how cold and how much snow, if any will fall is still up for grabs.. and models will continue to throw up various outcomes for several days yet ....

• Like 1