Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

Posted

BBC going for snow in NI overnight tonight in their main UK video forecast on the website and the heavy disruptive snow for Saturday

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

Someone is supposed to be traveling up to me on Saturday from Belfast to buy a bike frame. I'm extremely conflicted between snowmageden and the weather allowing travel.

My doorstep tried to murder me this morning the cold water storage tank overflow must have ran during the night

A11EC9B4-A4FF-47B2-A362-37893B9EB753.jpeg

Edited by gary1365
  • Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, jello said:

BBC going for snow in NI overnight tonight in their main UK video forecast on the website and the heavy disruptive snow for Saturday

This was the furthest North extent on the latest forecast. 

20210211_134746.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: whatever the weather, I'll be watching.
12 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

20210211_134746.jpg

I hate the graphics the BBC use. Because they include cloud cover it can be easy to confuse what is snow with cloud cover and vice versa.

Edited by The Weather Watcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow? Thunder

Snowing most of the day in South Kilkenny but intensity not there for accumulations....got heavy for 10 minutes earlier and ground started turning white....then eased off again......disappointing so far but maybe something better later.....

• Like 1

Posted
20 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

20210211_134746.jpg

Must of changed again.  It was further up than that on the one I watched.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Very heavy precipitation moving up through Mayo now, appears to be moving N and E so Donegal and NW may get some action from this? Intensity appears be be reducing further east though. 

Screenshot_20210211-162747_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

I'm holding out very little hope for NI for tonight unless your in the extreme west. I have been proven wrong many times before though 

Posted
19 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

Achill Island

Good luck to them, surely one of the most snow starved areas of Ireland!

• Like 2

Posted

This sounds great for Saturday morning even if it is short lived but it will be a proper snow day and maybe one of our last for this Winter. I'll be up early to enjoy it anyway. 

Update from NI Weather. 

Our warning remains as is at the moment.  It will be updated tomorrow and during Saturday.  It is likely we will upgrade the warning to Level 2 for some areas.

There is a lot happening with the weather this weekend, here is what to expect in terms of severe weather impacts overnight Friday but more so during Saturday:

⚠️Moderate to Heavy snowfall - Significant falls possible.  Accumulations of up 5-10cm possible in many areas,  prehaps 15 to even 20cm locally, but more so over higher ground.  Temporary blizzard conditions in places due to strong wind gusts.

⚠️Hazardous conditions across many parts of the country.  Risk that some areas on higher ground, rural areas and high level routes could be come become cut off or impassable for a time.

⚠️Risk of freezing rain in places, leading to Ice risk.  which if occurs will lead to some dangerous conditions.  

⚠️Possible interruptions to power supplies due to snowfall, possible freezing rain (causing ice to form on power lines) and high winds.

Warnings will be updated tomorrow, stay tuned.

• Like 4

Posted
24 minutes ago, ronan said:

This sounds great for Saturday morning even if it is short lived but it will be a proper snow day and maybe one of our last for this Winter. I'll be up early to enjoy it anyway. 

Update from NI Weather. 

Our warning remains as is at the moment.  It will be updated tomorrow and during Saturday.  It is likely we will upgrade the warning to Level 2 for some areas.

There is a lot happening with the weather this weekend, here is what to expect in terms of severe weather impacts overnight Friday but more so during Saturday:

⚠️Moderate to Heavy snowfall - Significant falls possible.  Accumulations of up 5-10cm possible in many areas,  prehaps 15 to even 20cm locally, but more so over higher ground.  Temporary blizzard conditions in places due to strong wind gusts.

⚠️Hazardous conditions across many parts of the country.  Risk that some areas on higher ground, rural areas and high level routes could be come become cut off or impassable for a time.

⚠️Risk of freezing rain in places, leading to Ice risk.  which if occurs will lead to some dangerous conditions.  

⚠️Possible interruptions to power supplies due to snowfall, possible freezing rain (causing ice to form on power lines) and high winds.

Warnings will be updated tomorrow, stay tuned.

Sounds Brilliant

I hope it comes off. Even if it's short lived 

• Like 1

Posted

I’m not getting my hopes up too much, they’re forecasting 1-4cm widely on Metoffice, so most of us won’t have the snowmaggedon we’re hoping for!