Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: whatever the weather, I'll be watching.
Just now, mountain shadow said:

The Northerlies have been crap this Winter too though.

Only because they haven't been potent enough, there has never been a good cold pool to the North this winter. Plus I think sea temperatures are a little above average this winter.

5 minutes ago, The Weather Watcher said:

Only because they haven't been potent enough, there has never been a good cold pool to the North this winter. Plus I think sea temperatures are a little above average this winter.

I think we would be closer to freezing daytime if we had managed to get some snow on the ground. Central belt of Scotland has an amber warning until 11pm tonight after getting heavy falls overnight. East Ulster coasts require winds a little south of east to get decent snowfall in sunshine & showers set ups. 

Very disappointing overnight model runs, though i'll give it until tonight's runs before folding the cards. It looked last night like momentum was moving towards cold. How those models flip / flap so much - so much wasted time following the threads for weeks if we are to get nothing of substance.

• Like 1

Posted
23 minutes ago, Cavehill Snow said:

I think we would be closer to freezing daytime if we had managed to get some snow on the ground. Central belt of Scotland has an amber warning until 11pm tonight after getting heavy falls overnight. East Ulster coasts require winds a little south of east to get decent snowfall in sunshine & showers set ups. 

Very disappointing overnight model runs, though i'll give it until tonight's runs before folding the cards. It looked last night like momentum was moving towards cold. How those models flip / flap so much - so much wasted time following the threads for weeks if we are to get nothing of substance.

Ack it is a side distraction really, anyway as March fast approaches my thoughts turn more to spring and summer

• Like 2

Posted

I'm actually loving this dry, cold weather. The mud from last week has dried up well and the ground is froze hard. Overnight low of -2.5c and currently -1.9c. 

• Like 3

Posted
11 minutes ago, BIG LAD said:

I'm actually loving this dry, cold weather. The mud from last week has dried up well and the ground is froze hard. Overnight low of -2.5c and currently -1.9c. 

Sure it's better than pouring rain, but last night night I went to bed thinking there was a decent chance of three heavy snow spells over the next week with the cold winning, this morning, it's a brief snow spell followed by mild.

The UKMO model really is the best up to T+120

Posted
41 minutes ago, BIG LAD said:

I'm delighted the mud has dried. Everytime I've walked the dog he needs a shower to wash the muck off. 

• Like 1

Posted
42 minutes ago, Donegal said:

I'm seeing accumulations across a good part of the island from the latest gfs snow accumulations charts.

But quickly washed away?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper winter/Proper summer

With UKMO that’s game over! My mind starts thinking about Spring when it gets to mid February. You need exceptionally cold weather (Beast 2018) to retain interest, otherwise whatever you get is gone by afternoon anyway, with the stronger sun and longer light. We really are in a god forsaken place weather wise. 
Soon, the eternal disappointment of Sun seeking will replace the eternal disappointment of Snow seeking....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper winter/Proper summer

This Polar Maritime fella usually not too far away from reality so there is some hope....

Posted
36 minutes ago, booferking said:

Happy Easterly peeps.

My home town of Dundee getting battered. My Mum has two foot of level of snow at nigh on sea level and more to come.

image.thumb.png.2d4b8fb91be9c18bd7c6859ff81666a6.png

• Like 2

Posted
33 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

My home town of Dundee getting battered. My Mum has two foot of level of snow at nigh on sea level and more to come.

image.thumb.png.2d4b8fb91be9c18bd7c6859ff81666a6.png

Dundee getting pasted again snow looks set there for most of the day wonder what we done wrong here all winter not to get proper snow.

Posted

Apparently met eireann 3pm update still going for a decent snow event Thursday.

• Like 3

Posted
13 minutes ago, booferking said:

For once i would love gfs to be right 3 days of snow and with fronts pushing against the cold.

If we can at least get a snowy weekend that would be better than nothing. At least we could get out and enjoy it.

Posted
22 minutes ago, Northwest NI said:

Little bit of interest for us in NW tonight @ronan.....

Few flakes starting to fall here. Not graupel.

058A43FD-E637-413D-AE60-4CD24F70A1AB.jpeg

The snow gods are winding me up!

Snow to the North and South of me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards and deep cold
4 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

The snow gods are winding me up!

Snow to the North and South of me!

Me to lol