Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
2 minutes ago, bobbarley said:

Yes very frustrating, I’ve been watching those showers pass me by to the north, would definitely have received a covering from that!

For sure. Early days yet but. Maybe a wee dusting overnight 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summer. Snowy Winter.

Light snow shower just started here.  Not going to last long going by the radar.

Posted

ECM dreams the dream

ECM & GFS v UKMO for a longer spell of snow at the weekend. 

BBC NI news weather very bullish about mild winning easily and up to 8 degrees by Monday.

• Like 3

Posted
16 minutes ago, Cavehill Snow said:

Weather app - wind shifting slighy north of east. Showers moving into S Scotland & N England from North Sea, managing to stay intact whilst progressing towards west coasts. Perhaps a small chance for E Antrim & E Down to get something out of this

That's a big ask. Don't think I've ever seen it to be honest.

• Like 1

Posted

Very light intermittent grapple showers here. Dusting on the car but not sticking on the pats or road yet. Needs more intensity and a drop in temps. It 1.9 degrees with a dew point of -0.7

John Holmes on model thread has posted one of his NOAA anomoly charts - it shows cut-off high between N Scotland & SW Norway which could facilitate undercutting - John advises with his normal caution to wait a few days to ensure pattern persists. Backs up potentially ECM & GPS good runs tonight over UKMO run as per Mountain Shadow post earlier.

Radar app - showers dying out for a time down the east coast (S Down & Leinster) and perhaps pepping up again later in night. Some showers look like making it across Scottish central belt out into Atlantic, so some showers could make it onto north coast. Showers in SW Scotland probaby will dissipate so dry N Down & E Antrim coasts. A few isolated showers of southern Irish coast, mix of rain (west) and snow (east).

Edited by Cavehill Snow
  • Like 4

Posted

GFS 18z firms up on the Atlantic undercutting and has three decent snow events across Ireland from Thursday through to Tuesday.

Still not convinced anything reaches the North East of the island but Central areas may do very well indeed.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

GFS 18z firms up on the Atlantic undercutting and has three decent snow events across Ireland from Thursday through to Tuesday.

Still not convinced anything reaches the North East of the island but Central areas may do very well indeed.

That is good news. At least it doesn't look like mild breaks through other than for a day or so towards the SW.

ECM 46 dayer seems to show similar pressure pattern to what we currently have. Cold temp anomolies for GB but neutral for us over here.

Posted

Screenshot_20210208_223648.thumb.jpg.9ad47ecd76cb8e4a4507f2044bdec0c9.jpgScreenshot_20210208_223710.thumb.jpg.3b0f42842a360dac1fd201d52dba905b.jpgScreenshot_20210208_223805.thumb.jpg.2b63353081be43b1e617350bcdce9be7.jpg

Imagine everything fell in to place and we got 3 decent snowfalls over 5 days. We are long overdue a wee treat. Good to see the GFS sticking to its guns and has done the past 4 or 5 days. 

Edited by ronan
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

We got a shower earlier of graupel that has left the lightest of dusting 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow? Thunder

Heavy graupel shower here has left everything white...first heavy shower today after just flurries since this morning..  hopefully get some heavier snowy stuff overnight and in morning but good start 

• Like 3

Posted

Looks like Malin in Donegal is getting heaviest precipitation tonight so far!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summer. Snowy Winter.

Met Eireann woman on RTE said Thursday snow could be widespread and that cold could still be around the weekend giving further risk of snow for Eastern and Northern areas. 

• Like 3

Posted

Although under red on the radar since noon, up to midnight 1km from the coast we have only had graupel. In the last 30 mins, finally beginnings of some accumulation.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: whatever the weather, I'll be watching.
9 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Disaster of overnight runs. Ukmo rules supreme with a quick breakdown.

Still some snow as the Atlantic pushes in but then milder returns.

That's the height of it. Meto was waiting on firming up and has amended their forecasts accordingly now. Any snow seen from the initial band will barely reach here in the NE and it looks like showers (of which I have had practically zilch) will begin receding through the day as winds swing more NE. Total bust for here. Never again will I be optimistic for an Easterly. Northerly all the way.

• Like 1

Posted

So close but so far. Looking at this line of snow from my kitchen window. I see parts of North Donegal like Ballyliffen and Culdaff has had quite a bit of snow through the night. I really really really hate Easterly setups

Screenshot_20210209_080553.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, ronan said:

So close but so far. Looking at this line of snow from my kitchen window. I see parts of North Donegal like Ballyliffen and Culdaff has had quite a bit of snow through the night. I really really really hate Easterly setups

Screenshot_20210209_080553.jpg

I have a similar view to the South. 

Very disappointed. 

• Like 1

Posted
34 minutes ago, The Weather Watcher said:

That's the height of it. Meto was waiting on firming up and has amended their forecasts accordingly now. Any snow seen from the initial band will barely reach here in the NE and it looks like showers (of which I have had practically zilch) will begin receding through the day as winds swing more NE. Total bust for here. Never again will I be optimistic for an Easterly. Northerly all the way.

The Northerlies have been crap this Winter too though.

• April showers, sunny spells and nippy nights

Another mixed, cool day with sunny spells and scattered showers. Passing low pressures will bring wind and rain as the nippy nights continue. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-04-16 07:15:52 Valid: 16/04/2024 0600 - 17/04/2024 0600 THUNDERSTORM WATCH - TUES 16 APRIL 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F

European weekend heat and a wild start to Monday for the UK

April temperature records were broken in many locations in Spain and France this weekend. Cooler air is on the way with a wet and wild Monday morning in the Midlands. Read more here

Jo Farrow
    Jo Farrow