Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
48 minutes ago, ronan said:

That would be great to see. Not a fan of Easterly setups but if we can get a battleground setting up or streamers coming in then we can do quite well. Still a long way off  so we shall see what happens 

Aye agree with this Ronan, Easterlies rarely deliver for us, they are a bit meh

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Aye agree with this Ronan, Easterlies rarely deliver for us, they are a bit meh

True, but if the Atlantic tries to make inroads we would get plenty

Posted
1 minute ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

I have been burnt too many times by easterlies to have any faith in them Good for you guys in the East though

Depends on wind direction.  If it's from the North East then precipitation rarely makes it over here from Scotland, in fact a Nor Easter can be good for you guys in the North West with the longer sea track.

A direct Easterly is rarely that great either, i need an element of South Easterly.

• Like 1

Posted
29 minutes ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

I have been burnt too many times by easterlies to have any faith in them Good for you guys in the East though

Not everywhere in the east... On the coast here with a little bit of elevation but not even the beast from the east could deliver to us Not a flake lol As a result I don't have any faith in easterlies either

Just watched the week ahead forecast from last night from the BBC...Horrendous for us next week if that comes off

awful.thumb.JPG.954e1e71f5eea3794c5c08bd251f00fe.JPG

Posted
21 minutes ago, Xciteuk said:

Not everywhere in the east... On the coast here with a little bit of elevation but not even the beast from the east could deliver to us Not a flake lol As a result I don't have any faith in easterlies either

Just watched the week ahead forecast from last night from the BBC...Horrendous for us next week if that comes off

awful.thumb.JPG.954e1e71f5eea3794c5c08bd251f00fe.JPG

That's already been debunked. That  was recorded, based on the 0z from Sunday. It was wrong before it was even broadcast.

It's still rubbish for us this week but cold rain as opposed to warmer rain!

It's not until Saturday that we get the cold uppers then it's searching for precipitation.

Edited by mountain shadow
  • Like 2

Posted
21 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

That's already been debunked. That  was recorded, based on the 0z from Sunday. It was wrong before it was even broadcast.

It's still rubbish for us this week but cold rain as opposed to warmer rain!

It's not until Saturday that we get the cold uppers then it's searching for precipitation.

Thanks! Glad to hear it's been debunked

Trying to follow the model thread with my limited knowledge, but seems the west/north west just doesn't exist in there. All they ever talk about is the north/east/south east/south west (on occasion). Hard to tap into their excitement/make sense of the models as a result - so really appreciate posts from yourself MS and others that cut through the noise, even if it isn't all good news 

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

I note the warning area has been reduced massively and the warning is now for rain and snow, Eastern Scotland looks to be doing well though 

Wish i could go and live with my Mum in Dundee for a week or two!

• Like 1

Posted

Unreal how unlucky we have been, could go up the coast throw a stone an hit the cold air. Scottish ski resorts having the best snow ever an no one to use it. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper winter/Proper summer
2 hours ago, Donegal said:

Met eireann has a plain old rain warning for Donegal now. Met office warning for rain and snow in a smaller area, Antrim hills seems to be the best spot.

Disappointing couple of days on the snow front. 30 to 40mm of rain for here tonight. If only that was snow. Good luck to those in the NE tonight. 

I never expected anything this weekend past anyway hence my lack of activity. Next week end holds interest as we in Northwest can actually get precipitation from Easterly as it can make its way through lowland central belt of Scotland to here. Also as MS alluded to the longer sea track route if it’s more of a Northeasterly. Will await with interest this weeks fine tuning as it gets nearer to the time.

Edited by Northwest NI

Posted

The 12z GFS is a very unstable Easterly allowing snow to make across to Ireland on Saturday. Snow totals in the Eastern Scotland and England are massive.

image.png.00f4821e4d436af0f1aee8e4f27a33e0.png

Then a December 2010 Northerly by this time next week!

image.thumb.png.997159cc6d1b35f2416b9c7c186182e6.pngimage.thumb.png.6339fe0f27d0bdeecd2f04b133d81edd.pngimage.png.e1600d4d9be45aba41d719dfd4a6d28b.png

Edited by mountain shadow
  • Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, mountain shadow said:

The 12z GFS is a very unstable Easterly allowing snow to make across to Ireland on Saturday. Snow totals in the Eastern Scotland and England are massive.

image.png.00f4821e4d436af0f1aee8e4f27a33e0.png

Then a December 2010 Northerly by this time next week!

image.thumb.png.997159cc6d1b35f2416b9c7c186182e6.pngimage.thumb.png.6339fe0f27d0bdeecd2f04b133d81edd.pngimage.png.e1600d4d9be45aba41d719dfd4a6d28b.png

Yes please although the easterly doesn't do much for me,  I am thinking about @Rocheydub who at this stage deserves a Lifetime achievement award just for hanging on in .....also a northerly that isn't marginal would be the dream this winter 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow? Thunder

Very tasty looking charts this evening if cold snowy weather is your thing.....ECM which didn't want to know yesterday now has a northerly and low uppers in by Friday and then turning even colder by Sunday through to the end of the run with bitter east to north east winds.   Looks like it is setting up a battleground snow fall for following weekend but that is a long way off .....UKMOboth GFS models as well as the other models all bringing in the very cold air for next week....getting excited now as I felt all along that this winter was building up to a big event..  and it seems to be really firming up now with everyone in the game.....       

Edited by Summer Snow
  • Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, na52 said:

I am thinking about @Rocheydub who at this stage deserves a Lifetime achievement award just for hanging on in 

Haha! Thanks dude! Haven't told anybody about it yet, apart from the missus who always asks! I'll let the kids know on Thursday if the charts are still this good. 

PS. I don't expect them to remain at the nirvana levels they currently are, but hopefully cold enough to get enough for a snowman! And to get some value out of my bloody log pile!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Uh oh...pub run has burst a few bubbles over in the model thread. Its amazing how the IMBY bias works in terms of people dismissing runs that don't work to their area's advantage. @booferking and @radioheadcalling out a few home truths

• Like 3

Posted
6 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

Uh oh...pub run has burst a few bubbles over in the model thread. Its amazing how the IMBY bias works in terms of people dismissing runs that don't work to their area's advantage. @booferking and @radioheadcalling out a few home truths

Doesn't take much to get them riled in there lol just pointing out what's possible

Posted

You say there might not be snow in southern England and your the devil. I wish I was a virtual drug dealer dealing virtual drugs for them all, just a little something to sort their mood swings. That being said wouldn’t mind another winter/snow blast here to make using all this oil worthwhile, this cold n wet ain’t what I ordered.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow? Thunder
7 minutes ago, Baltic Regions said:

IMG_20210202_080359.jpg

IMG_20210202_080321.jpg

Nice to see some got snow...cold air stubbornly hanging on up north....looks like there's is a man and a young kid hiding in that wall outside your house though

Posted
1 minute ago, Summer Snow said:

.looks like there's is a man and a young kid hiding in that wall outside your house though

Um... Zoomed in on them. A bit of a shock to see them out there. 

I think it's a reflection off the back door from the television. 

Does look a bit freaky stuck in the middle of nowhere. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Snowing quite heavy here now and sticking well, a degree or so cooler last night and we could have had a huge fall. Story of the winter?

20210202_084505.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
49 minutes ago, Baltic Regions said:

Um... Zoomed in on them. A bit of a shock to see them out there. 

I think it's a reflection off the back door from the television. 

Does look a bit freaky stuck in the middle of nowhere. 

Ghosts mate, get the wall exorcised 

• Like 1

• UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-03-29 07:13:16 Valid: 29/03/2024 0600 - 30/03/2024 0600 THUNDERSTORM WATCH - FRI 29 MARCH 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Difficult travel conditions as the Easter break begins

Low Nelson is throwing wind and rain at the UK before it impacts mainland Spain at Easter. Wild condtions in the English Channel, and more rain and lightning here on Thursday. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts

UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-03-28 09:16:06 Valid: 28/03/2024 0800 - 29/03/2024 0600 SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH - THURS 28 MARCH 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F