Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow? Thunder
21 minutes ago, The Weather Watcher said:

Commonly known as a land breeze. Apart from possible surface winds changing direction due to buildings/land interference, it is most likely a land breeze. These do prefer to happen at night as the inland temperature gets colder, plus with the slack NW winds atm it'll not be hindered. The winds increase somewhat later tonight, enough to stop the land breeze from happening. 

I might add also that wind divergence can cause unusual surface wind directions, although it is more likely to cause sinking air, fog, etc.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge Weather Watcher....very well explained and easy to understand .....it is nice for us weather geeks to learn how these things work....  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: whatever the weather, I'll be watching.
1 minute ago, Summer Snow said:

Thanks for sharing your knowledge Weather Watcher....very well explained and easy to understand .....it is nice for us weather geeks to learn how these things work....  

It's no problem at all. I am a weather geek too. All the information I got was from my interest in meteorology and there's a great learning section on these forums for it. I'm good at explaining it, but not so good at the mathematical side of it. I love maths, but never divulged in anything beyond GCSE maths. 

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, The Weather Watcher said:

It's no problem at all. I am a weather geek too. All the information I got was from my interest in meteorology and there's a great learning section on these forums for it. I'm good at explaining it, but not so good at the mathematical side of it. I love maths, but never divulged in anything beyond GCSE maths. 

Reminds me of the good old days when you were our resident expert. Missed your input

Posted
2 minutes ago, bobbarley said:

Reminds me of the good old days when you were our resident expert. Missed your input

I wouldn't say expert  But yes, miss my old "The watcher" account. I no longer use or have access to the email address associated with that account and can't remember the password. Otherwise I would prefer it so all the old users recognise it's me lol.

• Like 1

Posted

Looks like more organised bands moving into Lietrim, Sligo, Donegal and maybe Derry. Showers becoming more hefty too. Might help them breach further inland before fading. 

Fingers crossed for a surprise trough.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

Hopefully some of this is heading my way. Anything that falls will stick it’s frozen hard out there. 

C393399F-0606-4E86-B3AA-3E5291BA852B.png

Edited by gary1365
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, The Weather Watcher said:

Looks like more organised bands moving into Lietrim, Sligo, Donegal and maybe Derry. Showers becoming more hefty too. Might help them breach further inland before fading. 

Fingers crossed for a surprise trough.

Hi TWW your prospects on Dublin seeing any of the white gold over night/ tomorrow night

Posted

I'm right here!  I think I may aswell give up on chances of snow

It's absolutely freezing here, do have elevation. I'm about 100 m up but just need the moisture.   

20210122_223556.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy
5 minutes ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Same here

Me too

1375DA3B-4373-480D-87B5-A29920986261.png

• Like 1

Posted

Currently -1.2c under clear skies. Some decent showers on the radar but will be a long shot to get and as far as my location. 

• Like 2

Posted
23 minutes ago, Ryan james said:

Hi TWW your prospects on Dublin seeing any of the white gold over night/ tomorrow night

Wouldn't expect anything this night, maybe the odd isolated skiffle of dandruff should any showers make it all the way across.

Tomorrow night is interesting due to a frontal system. An area of milder air associated with it, though not terribly milder. Still 850hpa uppers of -3/-4. Dewpoints upto 2c near the Dublin coast but 0 or less inland. Certainly worth a watch still.

GFS shows the milder sector oushing through 3am to 6am.

h850t850eu (1).png

• Like 1

Posted

I was starting to worry I was too close to the coast but at last it’s stuck. Couple of centimetres in that last fall

E45412C0-B81E-4B88-88D8-FA0A97F47DB4.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper winter/Proper summer

Could be a decent covering in the morning. These heavy snow showers are passing at 1 every half hour since after tea time.....

F5BD5F44-5387-4444-811E-777D32AEFEFF.thumb.jpeg.e5e5d7b539eaa99fc241f0b0acd1bb32.jpeg

55E207BB-E2AB-4317-AC61-28914DB13BE5.jpeg

• Like 3

• April showers, sunny spells and nippy nights

Another mixed, cool day with sunny spells and scattered showers. Passing low pressures will bring wind and rain as the nippy nights continue. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-04-16 07:15:52 Valid: 16/04/2024 0600 - 17/04/2024 0600 THUNDERSTORM WATCH - TUES 16 APRIL 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F

European weekend heat and a wild start to Monday for the UK

April temperature records were broken in many locations in Spain and France this weekend. Cooler air is on the way with a wet and wild Monday morning in the Midlands. Read more here

Jo Farrow
    Jo Farrow