Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

Posted

Out for a dander with Childer and I could see the River Fahan close to topping over in some bits , 

Edited by na52

Posted
3 hours ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Watched the Beeb news weather forecast earlier, looks good for Scotland tomorrow night into Thurs for snow, blizzards and all, would love a real proper blizzard, even for just one day

An hour would do me.

Posted

Due to fly to Iceland on the 16th March(which won't happen) but looking at those charts then I think Scotland could be on be in the cards if we are able to travel. That's a proper winter storm that the highlands will be getting. I don't think we will see much here if any. 

Posted
23 minutes ago, ronan said:

Due to fly to Iceland on the 16th March(which won't happen) but looking at those charts then I think Scotland could be on be in the cards if we are able to travel. That's a proper winter storm that the highlands will be getting. I don't think we will see much here if any. 

Yup I have zero expectations for this coming cold snap, the Scottish skin resorts must be pulling their hair out, all that snow but are shut down with the covid restrictions ☹

• Like 1

Posted

Rain eased now, temp down to 3.8c. BBC forecast showing very little snow for us. Frosty and dry will do me. Vids from Scotland will be interesting tomorrow night!

Posted

Wish I hadn’t gone onto the Scottish regional thread, snow reports already coming in and so much more forecast!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summer. Snowy Winter.

This winter is turning out to be very frustrating. Looks like we will be chasing 10 day charts well into February. If something is going to happen it's going to have to happen soon.

Posted

Goes to show how rare it is to get the right set up for meaningful snow here. Every year recently has been the same. Chasing future events only for them not to happen! Sorry to sound doom and gloom. Might just stick to watching the bbc news weather from now on and take each day as it comes.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Sparky72 said:

Goes to show how rare it is to get the right set up for meaningful snow here. Every year recently has been the same. Chasing future events only for them not to happen! Sorry to sound doom and gloom. Might just stick to watching the bbc news weather from now on and take each day as it comes.

Probably best Sparky, I suppose the chase for cold has given us a bit of a distraction for the times that are in it 

Posted

I have alittle whiteness mixed in with the rain here in Belfast.   Nothing exciting like but still. Lol

• Like 3

Posted

A dull, murky morning. Dry at least. Temps actually still falling, now down to 0.8c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow
2 hours ago, BIG LAD said:

A dull, murky morning. Dry at least. Temps actually still falling, now down to 0.8c.

Same as that biglad ...temp was 2.9 at 8am and now dropped to 1.7

Weather warning issued by UK met

Occasional wintry showers falling onto frozen surfaces brings the potential for icy stretches this evening, overnight and into Thursday morning. At lower levels most of the showers will be a mix of rain, sleet or wet snow, but on high ground above 200m, 1-3 cm of snow may fall in places especially across the north. Smaller snow accumulations can't be ruled out at lower levels.

Posted
17 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

Same as that biglad ...temp was 2.9 at 8am and now dropped to 1.7

Weather warning issued by UK met

Occasional wintry showers falling onto frozen surfaces brings the potential for icy stretches this evening, overnight and into Thursday morning. At lower levels most of the showers will be a mix of rain, sleet or wet snow, but on high ground above 200m, 1-3 cm of snow may fall in places especially across the north. Smaller snow accumulations can't be ruled out at lower levels.

200mts, that 800 feet. How many folk live that high?

Looks like this is going to be similar the other 'Northerlies' we've have this Winter so far. Cold but not cold enough.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

Drove up to gortmore viewing point this morning and there’s some snow on top of Donegal. Couldn’t see towards the Sperrins as it was foggy on the south side of binevenagh. 

4B3F87D3-D01E-4E08-89B7-640533BC780E.jpeg

Edited by gary1365
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy
Just now, mountain shadow said:

Would that not be high up in the Wicklow mountains?

Some of the pink spots look to be on the coast too.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow? Thunder
44 minutes ago, gary1365 said:

Anybody any reports from south of Dublin 

F22DF9CA-4DFE-48BB-B26D-5812573863B9.png

Here in South Kilkenny rain turned to sleet from 11am and then turned to snow for a while between 2pm and 3pm ..   big fluffy flakes but wet and no accumulations... back to sleet now as intensity has eased off and should clear away in the next hour or so.... I would imagine high ground nearby has a nice covering and the Wicklow mountains will be pasted..    don't try drive up though unless you want a fine ha.....  temperature last night was 11 degrees at midnight and was still 9 degrees at 8 am then dropped quickly to 3 degrees by noon and to just under 2 degrees in the heavier precipitation earlier.. ...roads will be lethal tonight as temps drop further and the saturated ground feeezes... 

• Like 1

Posted

North Dublin approx 50mts ASL and it’s all rain. Not even sleet to look at!

• Like 1

• UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-03-29 07:13:16 Valid: 29/03/2024 0600 - 30/03/2024 0600 THUNDERSTORM WATCH - FRI 29 MARCH 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Difficult travel conditions as the Easter break begins

Low Nelson is throwing wind and rain at the UK before it impacts mainland Spain at Easter. Wild condtions in the English Channel, and more rain and lightning here on Thursday. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts

UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-03-28 09:16:06 Valid: 28/03/2024 0800 - 29/03/2024 0600 SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH - THURS 28 MARCH 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F