Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow? Thunder
6 minutes ago, Donegal said:

Good idea. Not that many users from Ireland on here compared to boards though. Would probably work better there. Not sure if they are any frequent posters on here outside of Ulster and Leinster?

Agree ...not enough posters to make the change worthwhile....also, although weather does vary greatly on the island, I do like popping in to see what the weather is like in different areas, seeing the snow /  lightning  photos etc....

Has been disappointing cold spell so far in that synoptics look good but has been very marginal. Lovely frosty nights though and I have seen snow fall  here on 27th December, 31st December (including temporary dusting) and a light flurry earlier this evening (even though radar was showing rain)... ..beats the mild South West winds anyday... but really hope the SSW  lands favourably to give us a non marginal snowy set up - at least for a few days....

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

Was out the the shed there and all the frost was still there at dinner time is gone and it feels a bit warmer. Only 1 tiny patch of frost on the roof of the car. 

Posted

18z GFS and para both suggesting it's a very brief and short lived slightly milder blip. 

A trend or a blip??

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
1 hour ago, Rocheydub said:

18z GFS and para both suggesting it's a very brief and short lived slightly milder blip. 

A trend or a blip??

Hopefully a blip,but however milder it gets or how long it lasts hopefully the effects of the ssw will save us in the end.

• Like 1

Posted

Lovely white frost this morning. Yesterday's max was 2.1c so alot of frost survived. If I can't have nice dry snow then this is the next best thing.

• Like 3

Posted

Lovely frost this morning.

As for that front pushing South on Wednesday, all rain I'm afraid.

High pressure then looks to dominate whilst we wait for the SSW into the fourth week of January to deliver.

image.thumb.png.54e1bba0fd29c87809f597822e0e9970.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow? Thunder

Very icy here in South Kilkenny this morning....... had several showers pass through during the night that froze on roads and pavements leaving everything like an ice rink...several crashes on the roads here.... if upper temps were a degree or two lower we would have had a nice covering of snow overnight....pathetic easterly so far in that regard but hopefully showers will turn more to snow today and tomorrow as upper temps lower further......prolonged cold spell at this stage and likely to last until weekend at least bit all the while very marginal unfortunately.....Hopefully something more substantial cold and snow wise just around the corner..... ..also wouldn't be surprised to see current cold spell extend and become colder without much of a warm up....models  could flip that way in next few days quite easily..   all to play for  

• Like 4

Posted

image.png.4d8ae556890d78da676f19111de6b3b8.png

You can see the problem as to why the Northerlies and Easterlies aren't delivering with sea surface temperatures 2 to 4 degrees above average.

This of course means that we need upper air temperatures significantly below average to counter it.

Now, if we do a get a decent response the SSW and those significantly below average upper arise and cross those above average sea temperatures then it's BOOM.

• Thanks 2

Posted
39 minutes ago, booferking said:

Icon tells you all you need to know for the outlook very uncertain sliders could be in order.

Desperate times on here, if we're looking for Icon to save the day.

UKMO more likely with high pressure building in and keeping us drier with frosts at night. It's where the high goes next that holds the key.

image.thumb.png.3201c741ea544fc646fd834302265528.png

Posted
2 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Desperate times on here, if we're looking for Icon to save the day.

UKMO more likely with high pressure building in and keeping us drier with frosts at night. It's where the high goes next that holds the key.

image.thumb.png.3201c741ea544fc646fd834302265528.png

Nothing desperate about it all models must be looked at short range to see all possibilities of outcomes all models over the shop *SSW nothing is set in stone I'm actually enjoying this dry frosty spell like the images^^ @ForeverPomeroysnow

• Like 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, booferking said:

Nothing desperate about it all models must be looked at short range to see all possibilities of outcomes all models over the shop *SSW nothing is set in stone I'm actually enjoying this dry frosty spell like the images^^ @ForeverPomeroysnow

That UKMO is not a bad place to be. I would rather have the HP on top of us than South of us for sure.

Posted

Clouded over a bit today with max temp of 3.4c. current 2.1c.  a slight breeze here last few days has prevented any real low night time temps but I see castlederg got -5c and and katesbridge -7c night before.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summer. Snowy Winter.

Met Eireann mentioning rain turning to snow Wednesday night into Thursday morning. Hopefully some of us get lucky with that.

Wednesday will continue very cold with sunny spells and with frost and ice clearing slowly, but lingering in some areas. Highest temperatures of just 1 to 4 degrees generally, in a light northwest breeze, and remaining below freezing in some midland and western areas throughout the day. Cloud will increase in the northwest later. During the evening rain will develop in the northwest and will spread southeastwards throughout Wednesday night, falling as sleet or snow in some areas. Lowest temperatures of -2 to +2 degrees with frost and icy patches in many areas.

• Like 1

Posted

Another good frost this morning. There must have been a wee shower of either Grau pep or hail as there is wee white balls all through the ice. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Just seen this from the met office yesterday...some potential wintry weather around for Thursday, especially higher ground?

• Like 1

Posted

Temp was 0.4c this morning but very little visible frost on grass etc. Think humidity has lowered? Cracking morning anyway.

Posted
4 hours ago, Sperrin said:

Just seen this from the met office yesterday...some potential wintry weather around for Thursday, especially higher ground?

The cold front moving down from the North West may deliver a little snow to higher ground (I'm going for over 600 feet) but I fear sleet and rain for the rest.

• Thanks 1

Posted

I'm about 97% sure I'll only see rain or sleet but I'm almost sea level.

Edited by gary1365

• UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-03-29 07:13:16 Valid: 29/03/2024 0600 - 30/03/2024 0600 THUNDERSTORM WATCH - FRI 29 MARCH 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Difficult travel conditions as the Easter break begins

Low Nelson is throwing wind and rain at the UK before it impacts mainland Spain at Easter. Wild condtions in the English Channel, and more rain and lightning here on Thursday. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts

UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-03-28 09:16:06 Valid: 28/03/2024 0800 - 29/03/2024 0600 SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH - THURS 28 MARCH 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F