Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

LomondSnowstorm

Posted

Carbon copy of yesterday so far.

Currently 1.7c, light to fresh winds and rain - though you get brief periods of snow mixed into it.

Not a hope of anything lying as the ground is utterly saturated.

Unsurprisingly the deluge yesterday caused some localised flooding further north...

• Like 9

Posted

Caught a couple of showers overnight. A wet sleety mix that has frozen into solid ice. No apparent thaw yet. Some nice winter sun and clear skies this morning.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Many are cauld but few are frozen. Not sure why I'm frozen as the minimum temperature here overnight was was only just below freezing at -0.1deg.C, but the rooflights are covered in ice and the patio out back is covered in frost, as I found out when I went on my kite on the way to the bird feeders. I'm now typing whilst standing up, which is a test of my multi-tasking skills.

Temperature 3.8deg.C, humidity 85%, wind 1 to 10mph southeasterly, pressure 990.2hPa rising slowly, there's been 0.2mm of rain today and possibly a bit of sleety stuff, cloud cover is 2/8 and the dew point is at 2deg.C.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Beginning with S ending with W ;)
45 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

That has caught my eye for later tomorrow not sure if it is a trough or a front but either way both of the wrf nmm show an increase in snow showers coming in to the west and south west of Scotland then possibly moving into other areas it’s something that will probably change positions til we get to then but will keep watching it image.thumb.gif.4ea6ad94c82b0c653d183dff7c6caf3b.gifimage.thumb.gif.ab42031d8a6af694c0ce5000ec1eec9d.gif

Oh that looks quite tasty! Further to this (and this may not work!), someone posted latest short range models take on snow for next 48 hrs in Model Thread - now this is where I try to link the post - hopefully works but if not all looks good for tomorrow evening and Sunday (especially the ARPEGE). 

• Like 6