Thunder?
Local
Radar
Pollen

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
    Just now, Hairy Celt said:

Smart weeble here stayed indoors. Not through choice mind 😬

No fkn weebles had anything to do with it. fkn fkn fk face.

• Like 3

Posted

Cloudy in morning but good sunny spells in afternoon.

Either way, the moderate SW wind makes it feel utterly Arctic outside.  Eldest child just came in with blue hands so the wind chill is significant.  Also them wearing shorts will not have helped, goodness knows how they don't feel the cold. 

Max of 7c.

• Like 7

Posted

Down to 2.5C in last snow/sleet shower. Big wet flakes. Always nice to see...

• Like 6

Posted

Yes, just came on to here to check whether anyone else had thunder! Had a rumble just there.

• Like 8

Posted
    2 minutes ago, Spindrift2017 said:

Yes, just came on to here to check whether anyone else had thunder! Had a rumble just there.

Lightning detector showing Coatbridge. 

Foul day here with sleet on my way home from Bannockburn around 6pm. Several hail showers during the day. 

• Like 8

Posted

Sleet even here, at less than 100m asl. Changeable would be a bit of an understatement for today’s weather - one of these days that tries to trick you with a nice, sunny spell and then turns wet and wild in the blink of eye 😀

• Like 8

Posted

Yep heard a few distant rumbles here too a little while ago. Heavy rain and sleet showers for most of the day but we seem to be getting more of them now, the last shower was pretty much wet snow on the back edge. 

• Like 9

Posted

3c start with showers of sleet overnight .Settling snow level about 750 feet with Cawdor hills white again this morning.On course again for a normal north of Scotland spring with winter outbreaks all the way to Easter and beyond .Hills around 4000 feet can have visible lying fresh snow all the way till late June returning again about equinoxial gale time in late September.

Usual turnout date for cattle to grass is about 20th April but numerous times  over the last 45 years I have put them out at 16c or so and a few days later we have had settling snow.

• Like 9

Posted

Little bit of slush on car windscreen this morning, and Ochils look white on top as well. 

• Like 5

Posted

Snowline at c.350m here. Pretty on the morning outing. Velux was covered at bedtime, but obviously a brief covering.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Today is the best day for most widespread showers and getting further east with that straight westerly and a trough AB8646D4-C9FC-42BD-AFA6-E4DF178089D7.thumb.png.d7a033ccf84645a8d01b75b9d9b253d1.png for Edinburgh looks most unstable from now until 1pm but Glasgow with a bit more instability through until later in the afternoon C36384E2-8B8E-4FB0-A0E5-576D99B715F3.thumb.png.edabd9a881ca7f9e9fd08913eed9160d.png810A47A2-73E8-46E1-9867-109DE642B1C8.thumb.png.7033b77c6631b894758a7e4cc0301ef2.pngC03B0E88-9BE7-4239-B437-DAE63DBF64B2.thumb.png.04291eada9eec97e0c31283ef6326949.png will probably manage another day of showers tomorrow though the flow won’t be quite as good E3F21B3B-1DEF-45D3-84B4-B00FD8B250FE.thumb.png.f360dc80f094489d71a09abe7e1335db.png47DE4546-F445-42FC-9BD7-12E37B620D57.thumb.png.b4029fa4fe4ac0094fa9c721c4fd78db.png

• Like 7

Posted

I cast my sunshine spell last night cos mother is going to view a house up the road - NOW, as I write.  The spell has worked!!

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Much nicer day today with sunny periods far exceeding dull ones and only a couple of short showers to contend with. Looking forward to a walk round the village that will see me home without getting hail blasted as I was yesterday.

Temperature 5.5deg.C down from a max of 6.1deg.C at 12:29 and up from a minimum of 3.4deg.C at 02:55, humidity is 83%, wind currently 3 to 8mph south-southwesterly with a maximum gust of 22mph at 10:53, pressure is 991.5hPa steady, there's been 3.6mm of rain since midnight and 11.6mm in the last 24 hours, cloud cover is 8/8 but there were some breaks in it earlier, and the dew point is at 3deg.C despite which Diablo he say snow a-coming. Eejit that he is.

• Like 6

Posted

Reports of snow up the Brightons in Falkirk. Just left office in Bannockburn to a heavy sleet shower, and it's biting cold in that wind. 

Edited by Cheggers
    • Like 7

Posted

Cawdor hills this morning845.thumb.JPG.54db9cd6b2f5f3df6a5b22e9f8322f3e.JPG

• Like 9

Posted

Ppn variously reported as sleet, wet snow and soft hail reported from up the hill here this afternoon.  Just the odd light shower to briefly dampen the yard just here though. Jack Frost due a visit again tonight.

Edited by Hairy Celt
    • Like 7

Posted

Xcweather.co.uk was all blushing pink and 2.9cm of snow at 1°C then 0°C. The front passed through and was all 2.9°C and rain with, eventually, some big flakes - I'm being generous calling it sleety... Meh, 1.7°C now and some wee splodges left on the radar....

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Just sleety rain here this evening which has cleared now. Friends reported and filmed heavy snow showers earlier up in Highland Perthshire which gave a covering down to valley level albeit briefly.

• Like 5