Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
  • Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ladies and gentlemen you are not going to believe it. After a wait of almost 3 years... ūüėģ ¬†

I don't suppose I have anything to complain about this winter...      .      

I've waited years to get a picture of the house covered with snow.  Finally!  

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Lovely sunny day here with a light Westerly breeze and a max of 11.6C. Washing out the back for the first time this year as the sun is just getting above the shade of the house. They make the teens tough down in Invergowrie. I walked down to the river earlier and back up through the Crop Research Institute and came across a bunch of teenage girls  out and about in bikini tops. 

• Like 6
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
    1 hour ago, Norrance said:

Lovely sunny day here with a light Westerly breeze and a max of 11.6C. Washing out the back for the first time this year as the sun is just getting above the shade of the house. They make the teens tough down in Invergowrie. I walked down to the river earlier and back up through the Crop Research Institute and came across a bunch of teenage girls  out and about in bikini tops. 

Bikini research institute?

• Like 4
    Posted
    3 hours ago, Hawesy said:

Today marks the 9th consecutive day with the max temperature above 10c at Leuchars. As a result the monthly mean has nudged +0.1c above average despite the notable cold and snowy spell early on.

Currently 12c at Leuchars and 10c at Pittenweem. Second last day of meteorological winter but feeling springlike in the East Neuk!

874B931E-E537-4B4A-9D7B-33621C1A23B0.jpeg

C0F7D301-967E-4542-A8B4-F4C419B81569.jpeg

54CBD24C-B1C4-46AF-A890-1E8861379B54.jpeg

Your daffs look a good 10 to 14 days ahead of ours, which seem a lot considering we're not far apart and both coastal. Hmmm.

• Like 5
    Posted
    9 hours ago, Puffy MacCloud said:

No, but my younger daughter had one and I quite liked it.

No, but I wish! The second most beautiful car design ever. We had one on the farm when I was learning to drive but it had a hydraulic semi-automatic pre-selector gearbox that meant I wasn't allowed anywhere near it.

Phantom?

Moto Guzzi 850 T4, wow, a serious bit of kit indeed, shaft drive and all.

On the weather front - disappointing.

Phantom.. Rolls Royce variety.

The Guzzi was good fun although perhaps typically, being Italian, its reliability, especially electrical, was poor.  The wiring was appalling.  Ms HC got pregnant somehow while I had that so I put a 'baby on board' plate on the back. <cringe>

• Like 4
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Dry cold & snow / Summer - hot & sunny and thunderstorms
    2 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

The Guzzi was good fun although perhaps typically, being Italian, its reliability, especially electrical, was poor.  The wiring was appalling.  Ms HC got pregnant somehow while I had that so I put a 'baby on board' plate on the back. <cringe>

I shouldn’t laugh but my ex father-in-law had a motor bike with sidecar when my ex and his brother were born, shame they didn’t have baby on board plates in the early 60s. They went all over in that, including a holiday to Ireland apparently.

• Like 7
    Posted

Going to be another glorious day by the looks of things, clear blue skies at the moment.

What was not expected is that the ground is white in the shade - hard frost last night with a low of -3.8c.

Met office app well out on that one.

• Like 6
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.
    16 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

Well yes, obvs, but one wouldn't interfere with one's Roller, would one?

Please pardon my absence but I've been away doing some very naughty things. Nicola would not approve.

Temperature 7.7deg.C down from a maximum of 8.9deg.C at 12:33 and up from a minimum of 5.5deg.C at 07:09, humidity is 86%, wind 0 to 2mph southerly, pressure is 1040.0hPa steady (a record high for this weather station), there's been no rain today nor in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is 6/8 so although it's not currently sunny it is bright. A nice day to mark the end of Winter.

• Like 3
    Posted
    24 minutes ago, Puffy MacCloud said:

Well yes, obvs, but one wouldn't interfere with one's Roller, would one?

Please pardon my absence but I've been away doing some very naughty things. Nicola would not approve.

Temperature 7.7deg.C down from a maximum of 8.9deg.C at 12:33 and up from a minimum of 5.5deg.C at 07:09, humidity is 86%, wind 0 to 2mph southerly, pressure is 1040.0hPa steady (a record high for this weather station), there's been no rain today nor in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is 6/8 so although it's not currently sunny it is bright. A nice day to mark the end of Winter.

I interfere with anything and everything. 

Nice day again.  

• Like 4
    Posted

Fabulous day again here after a frosty start at 2c  Cows out at 7.30am to neeps in preparation for neep lifter at 10.00am.Only got as far as 1.00pm because of puncture on lifter so all change back to ploughing the second last field and clearing more stones.Meanwhile i was lifting last of parsnips/carrots in garden.20210228_112649.thumb.jpg.4479bd3f6f8f06c1e7dff84c18ac65b1.jpg

• Like 9
    Posted

Hmm, seemed to have offended the weather gods as the clear blue skies first thing disappeared by lunchtime. 

Cool and grey thereafter, max of 9.3c before the cloud appeared.  Afternoon a chilly feeling 6 to 7c.  Light winds throughout.

• Like 5
    Posted

Nice to see a frost on the ground this morning. Chilly at -1.4c! Been a stunning couple of days of blue sky and sun. Today looks like it could be another good one. While I'll always enjoy winter weather, this winter was so good locally, I'd be happy to crack on into Spring if we can get some settled weather. 

• Like 6
    Posted

Stunning cold crisp morning with wall to wall blue sky. 

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: HOT SUNSHINE!

When is this good spell to end?

• Like 1
    Posted

Forty fourth air frost at -3.0C. Foggy earlier too, but a beauty of a morning now with wall to wall sunshine, frost and blue sky.

• Like 4
    Posted
    37 minutes ago, mardatha said:

When is this good spell to end?

May be good for a week - but turning colder and wintry showers (scattered) Thursday.

• Like 7
    • Thanks 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Beautiful morning with gin clear sky and frost on the grass; an ideal early Spring day.

Temperature 10.2deg.C up from a minimum of -0.9deg.C at 06:23, humidity is 71%, no wind, pressure is 1035.3hPa falling slowly, there's been 0.2mm of rain apparently and the sky is effectively clear bar a couple of patches of high, thin, feathery stuff.

• Like 3
    Posted

Complete difference in the weather here today. After a bit of a foggy start that has cleared and it's a glorious day (OK a small bit of cloud) but at least it's broke up unlike the weekend

• Like 5
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

My daughter messaged that it felt quite warm and Springlike in Glasgow today and she was working with the windows wide open. Here there has been some light cloud and a coolness in the SEasterly breeze off the North Sea. Whats more as maybe @Hawesy could confirm the first Spring haar appeared and drifted up the river. Phone ran out of charge before I got to the hill looking East but I had taken a couple of photos towards the river. 

2948F97A-946C-4340-8518-E82C428145B4.jpeg

2386D243-094B-4C6F-977A-456F6F1DA01B.jpeg

49AAFCD2-1F82-4422-8AB8-C29887C13C69.jpeg

• Like 7
    Posted
    6 minutes ago, Norrance said:

My daughter messaged that it felt quite warm and Springlike in Glasgow today and she was working with the windows wide open. Here there has been some light cloud and a coolness in the SEasterly breeze off the North Sea. Whats more as maybe @Hawesy could confirm the first Spring haar appeared and drifted up the river. Phone ran out of charge before I got to the hill looking East but I had taken a couple of photos towards the river. 

2948F97A-946C-4340-8518-E82C428145B4.jpeg

2386D243-094B-4C6F-977A-456F6F1DA01B.jpeg

49AAFCD2-1F82-4422-8AB8-C29887C13C69.jpeg

Not sure about haar but there was some patchy medium level stuff drifting around till about 10 o'clock.  Wall to wall sunshine since than, although it didn't feel like the 10C we were forecast.

• Like 3