Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
  • Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ladies and gentlemen you are not going to believe it. After a wait of almost 3 years... 😮  

I don't suppose I have anything to complain about this winter...      .      

I've waited years to get a picture of the house covered with snow.  Finally!  

Posted Images

Posted

Morning all.  Another bright enough day today.  Looks a bit blowy and dreich tomorrow for most, then long rangers paint a fairly dry picture well in to next week with temperatures well above the seasonal average (to my eye anyway).  Very usable weather!  Thereafter, still signs of a cool down to average or below average further in to March.  Who knows, but a few ensembles still breach -10C and a fairly consistent cluster now that are well below -5C so will feel very chilly again and a shock the nature after this next 7-10 days.  We'll see.

• Like 7
    Posted

Another lovey spring winters day! Tomorrow looks foul, the met office are expanding their weather warnings and about to issue an amber rain warning🤢

• Like 7
    Posted

While i am just outside the yellow warning, the Amber is less than a 3 minute drive from my house. Not the first time this happened this winter😂

A8CA86DA-F9E0-4DAF-BE6F-DAF00DECCA58.jpeg

• Like 4
    Posted

Double figures yesterday for the first time in 63 days. Even better today.

Us Scots don't want a lot do we, 11c and sunny is fine, but we don't even get that very often 😥

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

One of the villagers walked past the house this morning dressed in t-shirt and shorts, which was slightly on the brave side of sensible but it is a glorious day - sunny, dry and just a wee bit breezy.

Temperature 9.2deg.C up from a minimum of 4.2deg.C at 07:57, humidity 70%, wind 3 to 7mph southerly with a maximum gust of 17mph at 12:03, pressure 1013.0hPa rising slowly, there's been no rain today nor in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is 1/8.

• Like 3
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Lovely day, just shy of 11c. 

You’d never think there was an Amber weather warning out for tomorrow, hope not too many homes are flooded

• Like 5
    Posted

Fine day here too.Young Mr Northernlights preparing ground for sowing next month by taking stones off and cultivating tracks. Delivered some hay to a customer at about 600 feet at lunch time and saw numerous patches of snow at that level in the woods in spite of a temperature of 9c.

• Like 8
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Sunny all day here with a refreshing breeze. Currently 8.5C from a max of 9.8C so not quite a double figure day. Once we get tomorrow out of the way looking pretty settled for the rest of the week here in the East. Not so much for the Westies perhaps. 

• Like 4
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wind driven falling snow

@mardatha I am sure you're glad you never went for that house at Newcastleton now? It looks awful for a lot of people tomorrow into Wednesday, I can't see this ending well 😞

1919858909_Screenshot_20210222-093335_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.aa8adaf766ac1aa72942f2283aad4ef6.jpg85819923_Screenshot_20210222-092925_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.83bd475c7c4ebb34aec3c931ca6da938.jpg1158052710_Screenshot_20210222-093451_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.72ac640496b88ca82921bc31aae72486.jpg

• Like 7
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

A beautiful day here today.. a good walk out and about in Ellon. Tomorrow we are going to look at the new house for the first time as have only seen it via video so far.. looks like a really rubbish day to be doing so but needs must and all.

Bill gates is having one of his tracking devices fitted into my arm this coming Sunday. So that will then be that and of course it looks now like finally the lighr at the end of the tunnel has had a new bulb fitted. Everything crossed we can get to the end of this.

Those in the danger zone for warnings take care stay safe. 

• Like 4
    Posted

I'm a little concerned about the flooding potential around here - the burn on the South Inch was level with the top yesterday and appeared to be stagnant, so something must be blocking it.  I hope the Council have sorted it out today, as otherwise we'll get what we had in August when the water flooded the Edinburgh Road, Marshall Place and several side streets, as well as the whole South Inch pretty much.

Edited by TinyTim
    • Like 7
    Posted
    20 minutes ago, TinyTim said:

I'm a little concerned about the flooding potential around here - the burn on the South Inch was level with the top yesterday and appeared to be stagnant, so something must be blocking it.  I hope the Council have sorted it out today, as otherwise we'll get what we had in August when the water flooded the Edinburgh Road, Marshall Place and several side streets, as well as the whole South Inch pretty much.

Fields around the River earn to the west of Bridge of Earn were well Flooded Sunday afternoon. Could be a interesting couple days. 

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
    2 hours ago, TinyTim said:

There is a lot of water in the upper Tay catchment area just now and with heavy rain forecast and mild with a bit of snow still to melt flood defences further downriver may get tested byWednesday.

• Like 2