Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.
    2 minutes ago, Puffy MacCloud said:

So only the coughing bit eludes you?

Excellent

I'm not sure I know how to answer this this!   Let's call it a draw!☺️

• Like 2
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 7.7k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ladies and gentlemen you are not going to believe it. After a wait of almost 3 years... 😮  

I don't suppose I have anything to complain about this winter...      .      

I've waited years to get a picture of the house covered with snow.  Finally!  

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Let's.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Crikey, hello everyone! Day 5. Not very exciting here this moning, can't hear the wind. Cats must have had a hard night, flaked out next to me.

• Like 6
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Wow that wind this morning, the house is rattling loudly and have discovered a new draft so its out with the duck tape.. looks like a rough couple days coming up weather wise. A few almost spring like days next week and not seeing any rumblings of a cold return in the mad house..

• Like 8
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Snow patches & piles still hanging in there but I'll admit to being a bit surprised at quite how quickly the piles by the driveway have reduced in size. I'll be sad when the last of the snow disappears, but not too sad as it's actually nice to see the grass, plants, bushes etc again. As @Quinachsaid, driving around here at the moment is fast becoming like a slalom course to avoid all of the new potholes.

Currently 4.9C with an overnight low of 2.9C. Can you guess the thing we're looking forward to most in the next couple of days?

Hopefully the guys turning up and emptying the bins tomorrow! It's been kind of sporadic due to snow and prior to that ice. Neither the Black (normal) or Blue (recycling) have been emptied the last two weeks, which given that they are only emptied on alternate weeks means they are jam packed. Can't blame them though, getting that big truck up and turned around here recently would have been dodgy. Even the postie in a small red van was scarce, with a big pile of mail backlog arriving on Tuesday. You miss the little routine things like that.

• Like 8
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
    45 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

I hope everyone gets better soon, it's been a bit of a medical disaster in here. At least @Ravelin's piles are going down, a wee bit of relief...

😆

• Like 4
    Posted

Sorry I'm late, I had to fight through the tumbleweed to get here. The story for this morning was one of sunshine and showers. Without the sunshine. The story for this afternoon is rain. Just rain.

Temperature now is 5.4deg.C down from a max of 8.7deg.C at 03:27 and up from a min of 3.8deg.C at 09:10, humidity is 90%, wind 2 to 7mph southerly with a maximum gust of 17mph at 03:14, pressure is 992.4hPa rising slowly, There's been 8.0mm of rain so far and cloud cover is 8/8.

• Like 6
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Max of 8.8C. Min 5.7C Fresh SW breeze. Sunny ints and just a couple of light showers in the wind. Just a few sad remnants of our snow piles left now. When is the next lot?

• Like 4
    Posted
    4 minutes ago, Norrance said:

Max of 8.8C. Min 5.7C Fresh SW breeze. Sunny ints and just a couple of light showers in the wind. Just a few sad remnants of our snow piles left now. When is the next lot?

If the insane charts from GSF deep in fi are to be believed, start March could be fun. Was going to post a couple but will hold off a day or 2 and see if there is life in it. ECM possibly toying with building heights to the north or NE right at the end of the run but that may all be gone breakfast time tomorrow.
    Certainly nice charts to look at and I’d enjoy another chase. 🤞

• Like 7
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

From the thundersnow at the start of December @Polar Side @101_North that will be the massive boom we heard 😯 

_117043183_mediaitem117033884.jpg
    WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Kerry Quinn stumbled upstairs through the smoke to reach her sleeping teenage son, before taking him out to safety.

• Like 7
    Posted
    10 hours ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

From the thundersnow at the start of December @Polar Side @101_North that will be the massive boom we heard 😯 

_117043183_mediaitem117033884.jpg
    WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Kerry Quinn stumbled upstairs through the smoke to reach her sleeping teenage son, before taking him out to safety.

Yep! They were very lucky! There was a tree hit in Currie the same night which was a hell of a crack too! Those 2 nights were an incredible start to December!

• Like 4
    Posted

Meanwhile this morning is pish! Howling wind, lashing rain but at least it's mild 🤬🤬🤬

• Like 4
    Posted

What a rotten day. Wind, rain, roads are a mess. 

• Like 4
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Oh what a rubbish morning... wind rain and murk... 2 out of 3 kids down with colds.. gonna be a long weekend.

• Like 5
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Dry cold & snow / Summer - hot & sunny and thunderstorms

Crap day here too and all bar a stubborn wee patch of snow now gone. Sadly tho, the ground is absolutely sodden underfoot and was squelching when I was out clearing up after the dogs and refilling feeders yesterday. I think a lot of work is going to be needed once it’s dried out again. I’ll live in hope of a few more frosty nights to help me out.

5.8c, up from 3.1c overnight, wind speed around 6km from the NW.

• Like 3
    Posted

Currently 2.8C, which is actually lower  than it was most of the time overnight, a bit of a breeze, grey but largely dry.  The surrounding hills have their Zebra outfit on i.e. green/brown with irregular white stripes where the snow had drifted and hasn't quite thawed yet.

Not sure I can be bothered with another cold snap chase, but no doubt if it's looking like one I'll jump back in to snow mode. Failing that I'd rather see bright high single/low double digits than this cold murk, as at least I'll be more inclined to get outside.

• Like 5
    Posted
    3 minutes ago, Sanserit said:

the ground is absolutely sodden underfoot and was squelching

As our garden slopes, it partially drains across the concrete drive onto the gravel parking area. The last 2 days there's been a big puddle at the top of the gravel area, which we've never seen before. There's either too much run-off for it to drain through fast enough, or it's still frozen below the surface. The grass itself didn't seem to squelchy when I was out on it yesterday.

• Like 4
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Aye, Hullaw frae Squelchville. Rained constantly all week, driven sideyways by the howling winds. We have an occasional break in the breeziness which is when I head out to fill the coal bucket. Not much chance of a walk of any duration this week. Maybe a wee teeny break tomorrow morning. If there is I'm outta here! Need to move and stretch the legs and move the hips and knees which are threatening to seize up. If all else fails it'll be a dance around the sitting room. Which always amuses ( or bores ) the cats. Currently 10c and p1sh. Happy days ahead at some point with dry weather I hope.  Just can't see any break in this rubbish that we're getting just now. Which is pants. Hope it's better where you are. 🙄😟

• Like 3
    Posted

I like wet. All types of wet, from moist to dripping. It comes from a long held appreciation of outdoor clothing, especially wet-weather gear. There's nothing (well, not much) better than being out in foul weather and being perfectly comfortable. Today is a full Gore-Tex day.

Temperature currently 7.4deg.C up from a minimum of 3.2deg.C at 01:09, humidity is 91%, wind is 1 to 4mph southerly with a max gust of 16mph at 07:01, pressure is 992.3hPa steady, it's currently raining, has been all morning, with 6.8mm having fallen since midnight and 11.8mm in the last 24 hours, cloud cover is 8/8.

• Like 2