Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

LomondSnowstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Depends on your point of view. From my point of view you're third in the queue anyway. Don't hold your breath.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.
48 minutes ago, Puffy MacCloud said:

A nice bright day again today with mainly high, wispy cloud letting through occasional sunshine. Even the slabs and decking at the back have dried out. Almost seems like spring, except I've seen the forecast.

Temperature currently 8.1deg.C down from a max of 8.9deg.C at 13:58 and up from a min of 4.4deg.C at 01:21, humidity is 73%, wind 3 to 6mph moving from south-southwesterly to south-southeasterly with a max gust of 20mph at 14:04, pressure is 999.5hPa steady, there's been 3.8mm of rain today and 4.4mm in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is 6/8 and mostly thin.

Right, now I'm off on a ward round to visit Sanserit, Blitzen and Heilan Coo, so you lot, stand by your beds, lift you paper nighties, bend over and cough...

Erm...My needing to cough somewhat eludes me!

• Like 5

Posted
44 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Erm...My needing to cough somewhat eludes me!

So only the coughing bit eludes you?

Excellent.

Weather still nice here.

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Hairy Celt said:

I got a pair of crutches and was made to feel grateful I had them. Nowt else.

Jings.   How things have changed.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Puffy MacCloud said:

So only the coughing bit eludes you?

Excellent

I'm not sure I know how to answer this this!   Let's call it a draw!☺️

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Crikey, hello everyone! Day 5. Not very exciting here this moning, can't hear the wind. Cats must have had a hard night, flaked out next to me.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Wow that wind this morning, the house is rattling loudly and have discovered a new draft so its out with the duck tape.. looks like a rough couple days coming up weather wise. A few almost spring like days next week and not seeing any rumblings of a cold return in the mad house..

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Snow patches & piles still hanging in there but I'll admit to being a bit surprised at quite how quickly the piles by the driveway have reduced in size. I'll be sad when the last of the snow disappears, but not too sad as it's actually nice to see the grass, plants, bushes etc again. As @Quinachsaid, driving around here at the moment is fast becoming like a slalom course to avoid all of the new potholes.

Currently 4.9C with an overnight low of 2.9C. Can you guess the thing we're looking forward to most in the next couple of days?

Hopefully the guys turning up and emptying the bins tomorrow! It's been kind of sporadic due to snow and prior to that ice. Neither the Black (normal) or Blue (recycling) have been emptied the last two weeks, which given that they are only emptied on alternate weeks means they are jam packed. Can't blame them though, getting that big truck up and turned around here recently would have been dodgy. Even the postie in a small red van was scarce, with a big pile of mail backlog arriving on Tuesday. You miss the little routine things like that.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
45 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

I hope everyone gets better soon, it's been a bit of a medical disaster in here. At least @Ravelin's piles are going down, a wee bit of relief...

• Like 3

Posted

Sorry I'm late, I had to fight through the tumbleweed to get here. The story for this morning was one of sunshine and showers. Without the sunshine. The story for this afternoon is rain. Just rain.

Temperature now is 5.4deg.C down from a max of 8.7deg.C at 03:27 and up from a min of 3.8deg.C at 09:10, humidity is 90%, wind 2 to 7mph southerly with a maximum gust of 17mph at 03:14, pressure is 992.4hPa rising slowly, There's been 8.0mm of rain so far and cloud cover is 8/8.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Max of 8.8C. Min 5.7C Fresh SW breeze. Sunny ints and just a couple of light showers in the wind. Just a few sad remnants of our snow piles left now. When is the next lot?

• Like 4

Posted
4 minutes ago, Norrance said:

Max of 8.8C. Min 5.7C Fresh SW breeze. Sunny ints and just a couple of light showers in the wind. Just a few sad remnants of our snow piles left now. When is the next lot?

If the insane charts from GSF deep in fi are to be believed, start March could be fun. Was going to post a couple but will hold off a day or 2 and see if there is life in it. ECM possibly toying with building heights to the north or NE right at the end of the run but that may all be gone breakfast time tomorrow.
Certainly nice charts to look at and I’d enjoy another chase.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

From the thundersnow at the start of December @Polar Side @101_North that will be the massive boom we heard  

_117043183_mediaitem117033884.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Kerry Quinn stumbled upstairs through the smoke to reach her sleeping teenage son, before taking him out to safety.

• Like 7

Posted
10 hours ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

From the thundersnow at the start of December @Polar Side @101_North that will be the massive boom we heard  

_117043183_mediaitem117033884.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Kerry Quinn stumbled upstairs through the smoke to reach her sleeping teenage son, before taking him out to safety.

Yep! They were very lucky! There was a tree hit in Currie the same night which was a hell of a crack too! Those 2 nights were an incredible start to December!

• Like 4