Thunder?
Local
Radar
Pollen

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

A maximum of -3.2°C here this arvo on another stunning winter's day, and so a third ice day this winter. 

Temperature plummeting and down to -5.7°C already. 

• Like 9
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 7.7k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ladies and gentlemen you are not going to believe it. After a wait of almost 3 years... 😮  

I don't suppose I have anything to complain about this winter...      .      

I've waited years to get a picture of the house covered with snow.  Finally!  

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter Sun in summer
    4 minutes ago, jon_d1983 said:

This is the slowest moving feature Ever!! After the precipitation earlier this week it seems like it will be July by the time it make land 🤣

A61C4C67-75A6-49D9-A92C-EA19FD3DCF0D.png

If it ever gets here it will be a spent force tune in again next week for the next adventure of the snail 🐌 front

• Like 6
    Posted
    12 minutes ago, jon_d1983 said:

This is the slowest moving feature Ever!! After the precipitation earlier this week it seems like it will be July by the time it make land 🤣

A61C4C67-75A6-49D9-A92C-EA19FD3DCF0D.png

just like the other past few days when it was racing eastwards and then just slowed down and petered out lol

• Like 7
    Posted
    Just now, Swave Snow said:

just like the other past few days when it was racing eastwards and then just slowed down and petered out lol

I would rather this one moved westwards. 😁

The forecast for here (and the automated output) look good for snow later on, but we’ll see.

• Like 7
    Posted

It’s looking like parts of Aberdeenshire will be pasted again tomorrow ❄️❄️

-2c at the Straiton resort just now 🥶

• Like 9
    Posted
    12 minutes ago, Penicuikblizzard said:

It’s looking like parts of Aberdeenshire will be pasted again tomorrow ❄️❄️

-2c at the Straiton resort just now 🥶

Plastered? I've not touched a drop since Xmas😂

• Like 4
    Posted

Differing forecasts tonight here between beeb and met the beeb have heavy snow showers all night the met have a light shower at some point in the night I'm inclined to go with the met but can see the potential off the German north coast to feed a good few showers on a stiffening south east wind ,as ever time will tell .

Screenshot_20210211_183629_de.wetteronline.wetterapp.jpg

Edited by drm
    • Like 8
    Posted
    2 minutes ago, drm said:

The sleep patterns really take a hit when snow is in the offing😴curtain twitching lampost watch cursing the radar for showing pink when there's sod all falling eventually nodding off thinking bugger nothing tonight for me,wake up to the 0zs like a dedicated coldie look out the curtain and discover you've got a good fall through the night ,smile then go to work happy it's draining it really is but we do it because we love the chase of snow 🌨️🌨️ the battles of ECM v the others. The GFS v the others, praying for an agreement with them all,a rare thing indeed but to be certain of snow the good old Met must be on board,anyhoo back to radar watching model runs and lampost watching for a few more days till the next time .great company in tough times for the nation.

Yeh, it’s brutal chasing snow, but I’ve always been amazed by it, since I was tiny🤷‍♂️.

On a positive, it’s likely snowing here again from the tiniest piece of convection 

• Like 9
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow
    25 minutes ago, Snowplough33 said:

from watching the MOD since early December and then that increasing to watching every model run start to finish for 3 weeks prior to the spell - and all the ups and downs that come with that.

I sometimes think - if people are training to be psychologists, popping in that thread could amass a wealth of data for them.....

I used to be a Model Thread watcher. But now that I suffer from severe anxiety and panic disorder - I'm pretty certain, that staying away from that place, is the best thing I can do, for my health.

I sometimes think "this is a local shop, for local people" from League of Gentleman - should be a tagline for that part of the forum 😂

• Like 8
    Posted
    Just now, jon_d1983 said:

Seen that earlier. Some effort all be it totally stupid and dangerous 😒

I'd confiscate the car and ban the motorist for 12 months 

• Like 9
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winter/warm dry summer
    6 minutes ago, 101_North said:

What a clown. One one hand it’s hilarious but on the other scarcely believable that someone would actually try to drive that ??

• Like 6
    Posted
    2 minutes ago, drm said:

I'd confiscate the car and ban the motorist for 12 months 

Seen some howlers this week on way to and from work. Had a whole roof of snow batter the front of my car on awpr from car in front 😏 they got a stinker of a look when I passed them. And the depth of the snow before departure from roof was about 10-15cm

• Like 7
    Posted
    2 hours ago, doctormog said:

I would rather this one moved westwards. 😁

The forecast for here (and the automated output) look good for snow later on, but we’ll see.

Good luck bro and enjoy do you think us lot in Aviemore have a chance all the automated data suggests no chance here 

• Like 7