Thunder?
Local
Radar
Pollen

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

Posted

Drive to my work in Hawick this morning from Glasgow via Tweed Valley was astonishing. Prob 10 inches of champagne powder, sparkling sunshine and -4 at 0830.  As previous posts it could have been the Alps. One thing I've  noticed this week is Borders drivers really do have a good understanding of winter road conditions, maintaining safe distances and good steady speeds.

• Like 4
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 7.7k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ladies and gentlemen you are not going to believe it. After a wait of almost 3 years... 😮  

I don't suppose I have anything to complain about this winter...      .      

I've waited years to get a picture of the house covered with snow.  Finally!  

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: North Atlantic cyclogenesis
    1 minute ago, Mr Frost said:

What site are you using? -18.8C at 21:00 is the official temperature from what I can see.

70AEF071-D1DD-4E1E-9AB4-E93D89385598.thumb.png.6e62cb5bd699d28c69b1c355eb016fb2.png

• Like 7
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
    37 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

Good tip for the thread but personally I don’t have enough snow on the roof to worry about gutters being pulled off. It’s only been below freezing briefly here this week so most of the snow on the roof has already gone.

I have plenty of snow on my roof but I'm hoping the winds on Fri & Sat shift a lot of it before the thaw sets in next week. 

19 minutes ago, Quinach said:

Always like ice pancakes, formed near here at Monymusk...

image.thumb.png.b2c4be5b5e313e5d77ff587af0091031.png

https://www.facebook.com/100008904788829/videos/2487888611517941/

Same site, otters in the snow, never even knew they were this close to here...

image.thumb.png.22d9c326a5930819cee13680ccbbf6a5.png

https://www.facebook.com/100008904788829/videos/2487888831517919/

Now -14.1c  🥶

A few years back whilst running through the estate on the opposite bank from Kemnay, my eldest son saw an other running along the trail in front of him. Never saw one myself but did once come across a half eaten salmon. 

Low so far of -9.0C, which easily beats the previous one for this winter of -7.0C on 9th Jan. 

Edited by Ravelin
    • Like 7
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

-12°C here 🥶

• Like 9
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms
    13 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

What site are you using? -18.8C at 21:00 is the official temperature from what I can see.

70AEF071-D1DD-4E1E-9AB4-E93D89385598.thumb.png.6e62cb5bd699d28c69b1c355eb016fb2.png

What is the lowest uk dewpoint record🧐 🥶🥶, done a quick search but can’t find anything for dewpoint records

• Like 2
    Posted
    19 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

Is it maybe from the network of private unofficial Highland Weather stations? There are quite a few of those in places not covered by the Met Office and some of them double up in spots covered by them like Kinbrace. 

• Like 2
    Posted

-7.4c 🥶

• Like 9
    Posted
    9 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

What is the lowest uk dewpoint record🧐 🥶🥶, done a quick search but can’t find anything for dewpoint records

My back garden when I do the first weeding in early spring I believe. 

• Like 8
    Posted

Edinburgh Airport -9c 🥶

• Like 5
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy / snow

-10.2c here in forth

• Like 7
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Dry cold & snow / Summer - hot & sunny and thunderstorms
    8 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Hi  guys!  Thanks for your concern.

Actually, felt quite at home in hospital amongst the 'baw' talk!  Mine was a' baw'  joint though, completely out of its socket!

Had to go through a procedure, after a few x-rays, to re-locate it!     Thankfully, they knocked me out for that.   Must have been at least 8 straight hours in there.   Not long home.

Anyhoo, what an event eh? I think easily 30cms out front and 40cms out back!   (House shelter.)

Currently -2.7c/-4.8c/E/calm.☺️

I feel your pain @Blitzen, I dislocated and broke mine 4 days before Christmas but they managed to relocate mine with just gas & air thankfully. My x-rays were a treat to look at haha.  Still suffering pain yet and physio is torture! Glad you're home again, take things easy for the next few weeks.

Currently -9.4c/-11.0c in Banchory, beautifully clear night with stars out doing their twinkly thing.

• Like 7