Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
    13 minutes ago, Scottish-Irish Skier said:

No going further than the back door in the dressin goon atm, but i can still see the bench. Just.

Holy guacamole.

IMG-20210210-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20210210-WA0001.jpg

The idea of going outside in a dressin goon is mind boggling. Harry Secombe, we salute you.

• Like 4
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 7.7k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ladies and gentlemen you are not going to believe it. After a wait of almost 3 years... 😮  

I don't suppose I have anything to complain about this winter...      .      

I've waited years to get a picture of the house covered with snow.  Finally!  

Posted Images

Posted
    12 minutes ago, Cheggers said:

What a night again, must of dumped another 8cm, roads around home are fun, and seems Stirling caught a some last night as well. 

-3 reading in the car on my way in., so think tonight is going to be mega cold. 

Must of missed us here 

• Like 2
    Posted
    5 minutes ago, aggy said:

Must of missed us here 

You must have been on the very southern edge of 2 big blobs passing late last night. I think @BurntFishTrousers is still digging his way out.

• Like 3
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.
    39 minutes ago, aggy said:

I don’t want it to be over 🥺

Think we safely have the snaw secure on the ground until Saturday minimum, probably Sunday too. Think too that the metoffice have been over-exaggerating any Sunday warm-up, its going to feel baltic in that southerly/SSE/SE-easterly by the weekend, surface cold will see to that.

• Like 5
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Also heard lots of Geese this morning, something really cool about hearing and seeing them. Definitely a sound that connects to memories and late Autumn / Winter.

• Like 7
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.
    56 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

The idea of going outside in a dressin goon is mind boggling. Harry Secombe, we salute you.

Ah yes, that'll be Neddie Snawgoon.

• Like 2
    Posted
    13 minutes ago, Norrance said:

ps. Anyone in North Glasgow. Are the roads ok? My daughter finished a night shift at 8AM in Bearsden but doesnt appear to be home yet? @A Winter's Tale?

I know main roads thruogh Stirling and beyond on the motorway are not too bad, some side roads still to be cleared but nothing causing traffic issues so far, albeit traffic is very light.

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
    18 minutes ago, Norrance said:

The more Northerly element in the flow reduced the number and intensity of the showers a lot here but I think we still picked up an extra cm or two. Still a flurry this morning which until two days ago I would have git quite excited about.😀

The view from my front door this morning. 
    ps. Anyone in North Glasgow. Are the roads ok? My daughter finished a night shift at 8AM in Bearsden but doesnt appear to be home yet? @A Winter's Tale?

8426F7CC-9196-44A9-9E15-7BF99269BB63.jpeg

I’m on the south side of Glasgow and the main roads are fine. I’d expect the depths are a bit more towards Bearsden but I doubt it’s radically worse than here.

• Like 4