Thunder?
Local
Radar
Pollen

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
Posted
  • Location: Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire (this lockdown) Freuchie, Fife (normally)
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time
  • Location: Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire (this lockdown) Freuchie, Fife (normally)
    19 minutes ago, Polar Side said:

The showers are slower moving than last night which helps if you get hit with one. 👍

It's possibly helping us less in Coatbridge since you're retaining a bit more of it but they do seem to generally be getting through to Glasgow with ease. I would also say - that crazy blob heading through Fife (I'll expect lamp post reports from my mum 😂) is very much heading towards a good chunk of central Scotland...

• Like 4

Posted
    1 minute ago, 101_North said:

Wee video from about an hour ago 😀

That really is brilliant 101, will need to save that for when I'm suffering from snow withdrawal lol!

• Like 1

Posted
    4 minutes ago, JamesM said:

Watching the last blob approaching. Bottom half on a perfect track for here. Then the bottom half just fizzled out. Looks like the showers break up as they head over the Eaglesham Moor. So nothing reaches here but the top half stays intact and hits@Ross B and @Stormeh

I blame the wife for choosing where to live. Mind you, she’d have us on the Ayrshire coast if left unchecked!

Just back in from the evening torchlight walk. Cold, crispy and a few flakes in the breeze. Photos taken in complete darkness. Amazing what the camera on the phone can pick up.

0B2B3A4F-AA40-4641-BE57-A1DE96531264.thumb.jpeg.6cd3819b4748c5a8c62c670fc458f5db.jpeg

F12C8AFD-115B-47CB-91BF-0AE6F1CCDE1F.thumb.jpeg.379d23024a775b8758757a2f81f9131d.jpeg

Good photos. Yeah we're just catching the edge of them before they completely die out. Probably moderate snow compared to further east but the path and driveway are covered over again after I cleared them earlier. 

• Like 3

Posted

That big blob is gonna miss to the south! 

• Like 1

Posted
    7 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Wee video from about an hour ago 😀

Any chance you could do an hour long version and post it on the Irish thread to give us even the pretence of snow!

• Like 5
    • Thanks 1

Posted
    9 minutes ago, JamesM said:

Watching the last blob approaching. Bottom half on a perfect track for here. Then the bottom half just fizzled out. Looks like the showers break up as they head over the Eaglesham Moor. So nothing reaches here but the top half stays intact and hits@Ross B and @Stormeh

I blame the wife for choosing where to live. Mind you, she’d have us on the Ayrshire coast if left unchecked!

Just back in from the evening torchlight walk. Cold, crispy and a few flakes in the breeze. Photos taken in complete darkness. Amazing what the camera on the phone can pick up.

0B2B3A4F-AA40-4641-BE57-A1DE96531264.thumb.jpeg.6cd3819b4748c5a8c62c670fc458f5db.jpeg

F12C8AFD-115B-47CB-91BF-0AE6F1CCDE1F.thumb.jpeg.379d23024a775b8758757a2f81f9131d.jpeg

Geez you don't wanna be on the coast !

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
    11 minutes ago, TinyTim said:

That really is brilliant 101, will need to save that for when I'm suffering from snow withdrawal lol!

like that in Luncarty right now Tim ..... more biblical fall...... i nipped to aldi on black roads and 20 mins later struggled back 

• Like 5

Posted
    Just now, JoeShmoe said:

I’ll give you 25p if you put that in the MAD thread and say you’re a bit disappointed you haven’t got 150cm 😂

🤣😂🤣😂

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.
    2 minutes ago, 101_North said:

🤣😂🤣😂

"Some barely detectable lamppost snow just now in Currie, Edinburgh"

Barely detectable lamppost that is.😁

• Like 5

Posted
    1 minute ago, Penicuikblizzard said:

Yeah it’s looking that way the NE tilt is now kicking in 

Potentially a long wait 🤔

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time
    5 minutes ago, Penicuikblizzard said:

Yeah I thought that myself the shower activity further NE has fell away a bit 

It's a very confusing radar, that last shower over Edinburgh very sharply darted northwest before it hit us but it does seem most of the movement is NE-SW. I think somewhere in Central Scotland will end up getting a pasting but very fine margins. 

Sadly we don't have the sort of tool @metallikat34 has for the US, would be bloody useful about now!

Edited by LomondSnowstorm
    • Like 7

Posted
    23 minutes ago, JoeShmoe said:

Back on here, Dundee will be cut off by now 😂

I think it is!

The Dundee to Perth Road looks brutal.

• Like 5