Thunder?
Local
Radar
Pollen

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

Posted

Met o have extended their snow and ice warnings to Friday for the north east.  Snow seems to be just missing us to the south of Aberdeen at the moment.  

• Like 4
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 7.7k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ladies and gentlemen you are not going to believe it. After a wait of almost 3 years... 😮  

I don't suppose I have anything to complain about this winter...      .      

I've waited years to get a picture of the house covered with snow.  Finally!  

Posted Images

Posted
  • Location: Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire (this lockdown) Freuchie, Fife (normally)
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time
  • Location: Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire (this lockdown) Freuchie, Fife (normally)
    5 minutes ago, 101_North said:

That it would stop that and head back down here 🤣

Exactly 😂 to be fair it's been ok here, we've had a fairly consistent if light compared to yesterday streamer which seems to consist of convection filling in the gaps in the Forth from the bridges and heading inland, but it'll definitely head back south as the day goes on from what I can see and Lothian and Borders will probably see more persistent stuff overnight as the flow turns more northerly and gets a bit slacker. 

• Like 5
    Posted

That blob between North Berwick and Dunbar has taken on a little more interest in the last 15mins or so. 

• Like 7
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time
    29 minutes ago, metallikat34 said:

Ugh. I wish there was the UK equivalent of this site from the US. @LomondSnowstormor anyone else know of anything? Use this site all the time for mesoscale forecasting back in the States. Would be invaluable right now.

Me too! Sadly I can't think of any equivalent for here really which is why we're annotating blobs on the radar with Microsoft Paint 😂 

• Like 2
    Posted
    3 minutes ago, StewieEatWorld said:

Looks set to continue for a fair bit as well! 

I’m hoping that hits us 

• Like 2
    Posted
    12 minutes ago, 101_North said:

That blob between North Berwick and Dunbar has taken on a little more interest in the last 15mins or so. 

Yes, it will test my theory!

• Like 1
    Posted
    4 minutes ago, pdiddy said:

Yes, it will test my theory!

Your theory look sound so far. Appears to be hugging the Forth and not sinking south past the Pentlands as the previous few blobs! 

• Like 2
    Posted

We're getting quite lucky with the showers. Not overly heavy but snow totals slowly increasing, cars are getting stuck on the road outside as the earlier snow is compacted down to ice.

radar.JPG

• Like 7
    Posted
    2 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Your theory look sound so far. Appears to be hugging the Forth and not sinking south past the Pentlands as the previous few blobs! 

Snowing here but nowhere near as intense as last night

• Like 2
    Posted

@LomondSnowstorm what direction do we need to see a wind shift to help showers reach Cumbernauld and is it likely to happen all the heavy guys going south 

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
    3 minutes ago, Ross B said:

We're getting quite lucky with the showers. Not overly heavy but snow totals slowly increasing, cars are getting stuck on the road outside as the earlier snow is compacted down to ice.

radar.JPG

Would agree with this, south side now doing really well out of this. Angle of attack now ideal.

Currently a procession of families and sledges upto the nearby park.

• Like 5
    Posted
    24 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Looking dark to the east now ❄️

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Tits are oot. Feeder frenzy earlier.

Temperature -0.4deg.C up from -2.1deg.C at 01:52, humidity 87%, wind 2 to 3mph east-northeasterly with a 11mph gust at 09:32, pressure 1016.7hPa steady, 2mm of snizzle on the slabs, currently snizzling, cloud cover 8/8 and the dew point is at -2deg.C.

Tits oot.jpg

Edited by Puffy MacCloud
    • Like 9
    Posted

-2.6C brrrrrr

• Like 4
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Looks from the radar that some of the heavier showers are making it all the way through to Prestwick, Troon and Barassie via us here in East Ayrshire. Whoop whoop.

• Like 6
    Posted

heavy snow here now.  I think North Berwick and Gullane are the targets, so we need the showers crossing there on the way in... Dunbar showers may now miss us to the South!

• Like 5