Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
  • Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ladies and gentlemen you are not going to believe it. After a wait of almost 3 years... 😮  

I don't suppose I have anything to complain about this winter...      .      

I've waited years to get a picture of the house covered with snow.  Finally!  

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.
    13 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Just for fun the showers are now intensifying as they pass north of 101 land 🤣 😂

Untitled-3.thumb.png.5357fa24c0088203abebdf0212cf2968.png

Of course. It all makes meteorological sense. They break up over the heightened elevation of a Dunbar chip-shop but as soon as they get past Edinburgh they intensify so the good folk of Helensburgh will probably end up with more than us at this rate.

But I'm not bitter. Much ! 😱 😇

Edited by Sunny Leith
    • Like 6
    Posted
    3 minutes ago, Sunny Leith said:

Of course. It all makes meteorological sense. They break up over the heightened elevation of a Dunbar chip-shop but as soon as they get past Edinburgh they intensify so the good folk of Helensburgh will probably end up with more than us at this rate.

But I'm not bitter. Much ! 😱 😇

The clincher from here is being able to watch them track up the Forth 🤣

• Like 5
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

I can see the heavy snow laden cloud pass me by lol 😂 it’s possibly more over towards East Lothian snow at wallyford area. Cmon the snow ❄️ Hurry up ! We’re getting impatient waiting . 

• Like 6
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wind driven falling snow
    4 minutes ago, Sunny Leith said:

But I'm not bitter. Much ! 😱

There are some smallish hills (180m) just north of Haddington, maybe that's your culprit?

• Like 6
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.
    16 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Just for fun the showers are now intensifying as they pass north of 101 land 🤣 😂

Untitled-3.thumb.png.5357fa24c0088203abebdf0212cf2968.png

Meanwhile...Don't tell me we have the makings of another Fife sandwich being served up?!🙄

• Like 2
    Posted
    1 minute ago, 101_North said:

The clincher from here is being able to watch them track up the Forth 🤣

Ditto. We look across the Forth to Fife. The last shower that passed by gave me the shape of a middle-digit in its cloud formation.

• Like 3
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Dry cold & snow / Summer - hot & sunny and thunderstorms

Radar & satellite image taken from Wunderground looking promising for the NE tonight, you lot down south can keep your streamers 😉

1613FC6A-AFA8-454B-9688-0D0EA5671054.thumb.jpeg.e886713cee570de495a1f09717735b6c.jpeg

• Like 9
    Posted
    14 minutes ago, Norrance said:

Persuaded my wife to go for a pre tea walk in the sun just before our heaviest and most prolonged shower of this spell. (I knew from the radar it was coming😀). Eased off now but more incoming.

This made me laugh - I do exactly the same sort of thing.  Planning on the same tonight, but post tea - looking at the state of the radar it may be a bit trickier to judge than last night up here though!  Looking forward to the reports from further south over the next day or so 😊👍🤞

• Like 6
    Posted
    3 minutes ago, JoeShmoe said:

snowing here now finally !

Yep. Just about catching some of that here too. Fairly light but settling easily enough. 

• Like 4
    Posted
    1 minute ago, Sanserit said:

Radar & satellite image taken from Wunderground looking promising for the NE tonight, you lot down south can keep your streamers 😉

1613FC6A-AFA8-454B-9688-0D0EA5671054.thumb.jpeg.e886713cee570de495a1f09717735b6c.jpeg

I'd french kiss the cat for a streamer here right now! 😄

• Like 6
    Posted

First shower for a few hours here and we now have a covering on all surfaces... just in time for me going out for a run! This could be fun! 😄

• Like 6
    Posted
    42 minutes ago, LomondSnowstorm said:

Just been out for a wander in Cumbernauld (I waved to Aggy 😂), definitely more snow lying there as expected but also quite nice to see blue skies on the way back (think the next lot of snow is moving in so the clear skies won't last). 

IMG_20210208_161011.jpg

IMG_20210208_160826.jpg

Hahaha would probably of bent your ear and asked u to pinpoint Cumbernauld on the euro 4 map 😂

• Like 4
    Posted
    38 minutes ago, 101_North said:

No doubt they are missing us but SE - NW? 

D3D28C4D-99F1-4D7D-9923-FD2D0C0EC12E.thumb.png.2ae80537366d521c2934d45870600f5e.png

The streamers all point NW and all seem to move in that direction 

Edited by Penicuikblizzard
    • Like 4
    Posted
    1 minute ago, aggy said:

Hahaha would probably of bent your ear and asked u to pinpoint Cumbernauld on the euro 4 map 😂

My best guess is that Cumbernauld is right in the middle of the heaviest stuff in terms of north to south, but at the very extreme Western edge of it, will still see plenty for sure, more than me I'd imagine 

• Like 4
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.
    4 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Meanwhile...Don't tell me we have the makings of another Fife sandwich being served up?!🙄

Screenshot_2021-02-08 rain UK - rain Ireland - rain Scotland - rain Wales - 5 minute rainradar UK and Ireland, where will i[...].png

• Like 4
    Posted

Much heavier shower now might last a wee while this one

• Like 5
    Posted
  • Location: Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire (this lockdown) Freuchie, Fife (normally)
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time
  • Location: Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire (this lockdown) Freuchie, Fife (normally)
    7 minutes ago, aggy said:

It's almost always under the big blob of snow from my experience 😂

Speaking of big blobs of snow, the radar is shaping up very nicely here and the snow's just come back on properly...

• Like 5