Thunder?
Local
Radar
Pollen

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
    2 minutes ago, drm said:

Now if you were still living up in rural Rothienorman you'd be buried in snow 😉

Thanks for reminding of that... honestly i hadn't thought about once all winter..😭😭😭

• Like 5

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter Sun in summer
    8 minutes ago, Mair Snaw said:

Thanks for reminding of that... honestly i hadn't thought about once all winter..😭😭😭

At least you got the joy of living in a location that whichever way the wind blew regarding snow you were in a streamer sweet spot I wasn't jealous I promise 😜

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

A slight dusting overnight. Leaden skies, slight breeze and snaw flurries this morning. Currently 0.5C/0C. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

@Puffy MacCloudWere on full cleaning mode here too until the Wales /Ireland later ! Watching a few snow showers passing through whilst Cleaning . 

• Like 4

Posted

I got the same heavy shower that Mair Snow got.  Left a covering.  More blue sky now so more definitely sunshine and showers but if they're all as heavy as that  so be it.

• Like 6

Posted

Just had a decent snow shower here in the city (as opposed to the earlier graupel). Hopefully there will be a few more of these showers coming in off the sea in the coming hours. Hard to tell from the radar and satellite imagery but it is a possibility.

• Like 6

Posted
    3 minutes ago, doctormog said:

Just had a decent snow shower here in the city (as opposed to the earlier graupel). Hopefully there will be a few more of these showers coming in off the sea in the coming hours. Hard to tell from the radar and satellite imagery but it is a possibility.

You deserve some of the white stuff this season, Doc; it's been in short supply!

• Like 3

Posted
    26 minutes ago, Sceptical said:

Latest Met Office forecast sees heavy snow for parts of NE Scotland tomorrow and Tuesday. 👍

Which forecast was that?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Had a pre lunch stroll down to the river. A skiff even down at sea level. Just a few flakes and bits of graupel in the wind. Temp 1C, wet bulb -1C and dew point -3C here. Not sure about the 850's right now?

0F8D1D5B-9F75-4B91-8C5B-CDC667B4E2BE.jpeg

590C72F5-BEDC-4AB7-B9C8-D96EE67C7B81.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted

Encouraging signs here on west coast. Not expecting anything til tomorrow but we’ve had very light flurries all day and a proper shower has now made it through here! Nothing to show for it on the ground but good to see.

• Like 5

Posted

Can't remember who it was but they were on about the Mid level Humidity and indeed it looks like things will pick up significantly overnight and tomorrow. This continues till Wednesday morning before showers begin to ease again. Accumulations should start happening tonight for most who get a few beefier snow showers. 

• Like 9

Posted
    18 hours ago, LomondSnowstorm said:

I reckon you'll see, at least a few flakes😂😂

Seriously though I do think the models might be underestimating the westward extent of the showers. Take the current radar for example - the UKV initialised 6 hours ago has this:

image.thumb.png.2451024b10b283337ae8659fa3ea9756.pngimage.thumb.png.e9387c0614fc1d6dace7d4343bece765.png

And yet the radar shows:

image.thumb.png.5ed1d8a594c039012d16a2fad2198cb8.png

a) much more extensive precipitation up the east coast than modelled and b) there's a moderate shower already past the M74.

Once you factor in the low dewpoints and I don't think you can really rule out a covering anywhere over the next 4 days. Not promising anything, but if you can get a shower through on this flow:

image.thumb.png.0b194af59bd5a2126b570d76ca33543a.png

I wouldn't rule anything out

That didn't last long, already had a few flurries 🤣

• Like 2