Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

LomondSnowstorm

Posted
15 minutes ago, LomondSnowstorm said:

I guess it's a bit of both, you can end up briefly with these convergence zones in places you wouldn't expect but if it's near to a topographical line it'll probably end up there anyway because of where the showers die out/ keep going due to the topography, if that makes sense. The Tay-Clyde streamer that we saw once or twice (I think that was 2009/10, maybe?) isn't really an obvious streamer but equally if the wind direction is ENE or a bit north of that you will probably get one then.

I can't say I'm that familiar with behaviour like this (where it's like a wave propagating perpendicular to the flow) but it is very aethestically pleasing to see:

anim_zck6.gif

The way the video plays out it  looks like the streamer works it’s way down the country lol

• Like 3

Posted
7 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

Guilty as charged. But I was somewhat intimidated by the number of folk on the thread these days. And I didn’t want to just predict for the  ‘regulars’ in case it made us seem unwelcoming to newer posters. At least that’s my excuse. 

Although I’m predicting just a trace of snow for @101_North He’s had enough already this winter! 

Fair enough  

Still drizzle and light rain here! You might be right

• Like 7

Posted
6 minutes ago, JamesM said:

Nice just to get a bit of brightness here today and a dry day for the first time since Monday. At the park with the kid all afternoon and a notable change to a much colder wind as the afternoon went on. 

Looks like there is some amount of snow in parts of Aberdeenshire. I don’t expect to see any here but you never know when a streamer might end up in the right place. Still, hopefully some clear crisp days coming if nothing else. 

Yep, the plus side to this easterly is getting both cars washed. Also the grit that goes on the roads seems to stay dry instead of going into a mingin wet mess. Even got the bedding dried outside today. Good to see some folk doing well. 

• Like 6

Posted
4 minutes ago, LomondSnowstorm said:

ECM has a bit more of a northerly tlit to the flow Tuesday, although also a bit of a kink which might stop it getting so far west later on Tuesday:

image.thumb.png.636ea8eea0b35b6dae1760efdb8333f2.png

This is probably the highlight of the run precipitation wise but there's again enough about throughout, especially further east, to give a lot of hope:

image.thumb.png.9b294725ce36782a5de5819433da30b7.png

When’s that precipitation for LS

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Forgot about the outside front door light!  At least I can see now that it's sleeting a bit amongst the rain!.  Got to get up and look out of the window though.   Not nearly as handy as the lamppost!

1.7c/1.3c/E/14mph/1017/raining with a bit of sleet mixed in/total today (so far) 10mm.

• Like 6