Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

LomondSnowstorm

Posted
17 minutes ago, shuggee said:

Imdeed. -2C maxes for me all week apparently. And the Thursday evening breakdown is being pushed back and reduced in intensity with each run....

Cold miserable day here. Was 3.9C early this morning. Now 1.9C and the last bursts of ppn were wet-snow big flakes. 12-18 hours earlier than I was expecting.

Some downgrade that lol

3 or 4 days of snow showers and cold temps will be delighted ❄️

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, icy, snowy etc
12 minutes ago, Glaswegianblizzard said:

@Dan B you don’t want to drop that on your foot! 

Been there, done that, bought steel toe caps

• Like 4

Posted
9 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

image.thumb.gif.7a26fd6dd75c9cf93f41d2bf1ee0b798.gif The reason it tries to show the streamer going to rain is less cold dew points but not worth worrying about currently, more positive that they are now starting to show up  EA8449C6-D30B-4E2F-9761-0129D12EB77C.thumb.png.531c907e0ef456a570171c3ba75fcdad.pngimage.thumb.gif.5b72a84bec9b9f5541cdcd1d98f4f40a.gif that is a fantastic flow for here

Lamb from the east as far as I am concerned dry very frosty breezy but no snow and possibly no sunshine.  Well at least the frost will dry it up

• Like 8

Posted
23 minutes ago, snowy owl said:

Absolutely perished ! That wind is just freezing !. Just been out to eldest daughters car (tyre pressure warning light on ) Mum can you check my tyres, all slightly under inflated , now topped up , blooming sensor not off even after a drive. Might go off on a longer drive or might just be faulty . Ah well let’s leave it , i doubt you’ll be going far next week !  

oh and it’s currently icy rain

Nothing to do with the weather but are you sure she actually has a pressure sensor? My car puts a light on when it suspects a tyre is under inflated but I have to reset it manually in the settiings otherwise the light will just stay on forever. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
49 minutes ago, Dan B said:

I'm in here having escaped the North West thread

My folks have property in Dunkeld and we were supposed to be heading that way tomorrow bright and early for a week; that's not happening  

So this is a polite request to those that live that way and Pitlochry/House Of Bruar way etc; get some pics up if you're lucky enough to have a good dumping  ??

This was Dalwhinne last Feb; I'm into stone lifting, so always try and get a few of the Manhood stones in whilst we're up there. This is the Dalwhinnie Stone; 102kg and like a block of slippery marble; dug it out myself to lift it

I have issues; I know 

dalwhinniestane.jpg

i live 10 min drive from Dunkeld, they are always more snowy than here typically although in this spell will be similar conditions as comes from the east. Visit there plenty and play golf there. If we get the snow there will be plenty pics .....cant belive peoplelift those stones for fun  

• Like 5

Posted
20 minutes ago, Dan B said:

Yeah. We've found Dunkeld to have no snow and if we head up to Moulin in Pitlochry for some lunch and a pint, or House of Bruar etc, they can be absolutely snowed under etc... 

Shows the the difference in elevation. 

And yes, there are those nutters like me that love to travel around Scotland lifting the Manhood stones the Dalwhinnie is a little un, same with the Newtonmore stone. 

I've lifted the Menzies stone too at Castle Menzies, Aberfeldy. 

I've more on my to do list ??

Ever tried the Dinnie Stones at Kincardine O’Neil Dan ?  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, icy, snowy etc
7 minutes ago, Gogoslo said:

Ever tried the Dinnie Stones at Kincardine O’Neil Dan ?  

At Potarch do you mean? 

And no, my pals the world record holder on them for the times hold. 

Unfortunately due to neck (C5/C6 issues) I'm not great with heavy uneven loads through my shoulders, so haven't and probably won't attempt them as I've serious concerns what damage they could do haha... 

That weight on a trap bar for example, no probs at all, because its an even lift etc... 

Single stones to chest / shoulder don't cause me issues either, sods law really... 

Edited by Dan B
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Northernlights said:

Lamb from the east as far as I am concerned dry very frosty breezy but no snow and possibly no sunshine.  Well at least the frost will dry it up

Yeah in the last 24hrs the flow has become a lot weaker,,,but that can still change again,,,,I think I’m going to stop looking at the charts over the next few days and just see what it brings hopefully lots of the white stuff ❄️❄️

Edited by Penicuikblizzard
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Cold Block = Models Fried - they hate them.

image.thumb.png.46cc59123e5bf998c3bff652e411ad31.png

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
44 minutes ago, Quinach said:

Further inland they must have a good covering now from this afternoons and evenings deluge.

Need to be further inland/higher than me then. I've just been outside and although the driveway looks white, when you stand on it it squirts out from under your boots. 

Currently -0.7/-0.8C and snowing lightly in a stiff breeze. 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
3 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

Need to be further inland/higher than me then. I've just been outside and although the driveway looks white, when you stand on it it squirts out from under your boots. 

Currently -0.7/-0.8C and snowing lightly in a stiff breeze. 

It's liquid yet your temp is -0.7C? Sounds (unlucky!) really odd! Or maybe the temp is on its way down quickly and the ground is yet to catch up?

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 6