Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

LomondSnowstorm

Posted

just rain on the ice ,it started out as flurries last night i was expecting snow this morning but just ice and rain ,near dingwall 

• Like 8

Posted
3 minutes ago, jellybaby1969 said:

yes the rain has been as much of a story as the snow. Been belting down here since tuesday...  I am sure it will stop as soon as its cold enough for snow !!

Always the same isn’t it 

• Like 5

Posted

I suppose the good thing about these total depth maps is that shower/ streamers are notoriously difficult to pin point and ppn can be impossibly difficult to estimate so south of the forth don’t worry to much 

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Temp here currently 0.7C but at least the dewpoint has begun to diverge again and is down to 0.3C. We cleared around 8cm of snow off of the driveway this morning, light and fluffy is NOT how I'd describe it. That's the accumulation since yesterday morning as we only cleared it once yesterday, but it was almost certainly deeper than 8cm mid afternoon to early evening, before it got soggy and compacted.

Snowing on and off, and it is definitely snow again, but not leaving a covering on the cleared driveway yet.

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 9

Posted

Am I correct in thinking that even the forecasters are struggling with the snow amounts and locations over the next 5-7 days other than the higher ground and south east of England ?  The beeb forecast this morning had barely any snow on the graphics but mentioned that snow could fall pretty much anywhere on the east coast.  
Not expecting much over this cold period but radar/lampost watching will be mainly the kids education next week . An early intro to meteorology !! 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Dry and calm here but husband been up the A7 and north of Gala the road is murder. Water pouring down from the higher ground and over the road.

• Like 9