Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

LomondSnowstorm

Posted

Heavy rain lashing against the windows, according to the Met Office, the current temperature has risen to 2C.

Back to sleep  

Edited by Sceptical
  • Like 8

Posted

Temp up to 2C and I've lost most of the snow on the ground from the previous days.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
29 minutes ago, Sceptical said:

This mornings dilemma.

Do I start clearing the drive of wet and heavy snow. Or do I just leave it and hope the rain/sleet does the job instead.

Mmmmmm 

It depends on how confident you are that it will all melt before it potentially refreezes and becomes bomb proof. Personally I nearly always tend towards clearing. 

Still sleet/wet snow falling here and plenty still lying, although heavy and wet looking after the temp got up to around 1C between 3am and 6am. That's dropped half a degree or so since, and if MetO forecast is correct we should be back to around zero by 9am.

• Like 9

Posted

9CFD2554-DA33-46D5-B75D-57A24E971F9C.thumb.png.bdd42a186d3844275ad29b9a0c9fd8bc.png

Snow depths looking crazy for the Fife area northwards ❄️
South of the forth, Edinburgh and Lothians running west looking like very little accumulation ❄️
Borders east and south mega amounts again. ❄️
Enjoy peeps the beast is coming ❄️

• Like 8

Posted
7 minutes ago, snowy owl said:

Looks awfy like the East Lothian snaw shield might be trying to work again in an Easterly as well , now that just needs to sort itself oot, because I’ve got the snow shovel ready ! Nae snow blower but we cannie keep up wi the Fifers

The problem for south of the forth is the precipitation is running in a SE to NW direction and the the majority of the charts show this apart from the ICON which has a good amount of snow for Edinburgh and West Lothian,,,,,I hope I am wrong with my thoughts

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Correct me if I’m wrong but did we not do a wee league table of snow depths way back in 2010? What I can’t remember was, was it predicted snow depths or actual snow depths ?? 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero

8 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

I’ve been keeping an eye on the temperature difference between our sites during this easterly. More often that not it’s pretty bang on 2c. Will be interesting to see how things stand by Sunday.

I wonder if we’ll sneak an ice day at Leuchars. They’re unusual anyway but in a strong easterly you need a real depth of cold. There was one ice day during BFTE (Feb 28th) and 3 in January 1987. I’m thinking probably not and daytime temperatures will be just above freezing with -10/-11 850s.

Our temperatures are pretty stable up here but ice days are almost as rare as they are on the coast! Often spend a whole day sat at 0.1C.

Sleeting here now.....

• Like 8

Posted
2 hours ago, JoeShmoe said:

Blatant cherry picking but Like the Icon snow depth this morning ! spacer.png

Looks like the Bass rock is the place to be.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Jeez 101, I was bad enough coming on here every half hour looking for upgrades!

• Like 5