Thunder?
Local
Radar
Pollen

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

I would think it will just be when rather than if they are going to issue an amber warning from Sunday > Tuesday might extend quite a bit west, also often in the big cold spells the breaking down of the colder air you can add a day or two on so it was looking like possibly Wednesday but this mornings charts already wanting to extend the cold 

• Like 9

Posted
    7 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

I would think it will just be when rather than if they are going to issue an amber warning from Sunday > Tuesday might extend quite a bit west, also often in the big cold spells the breaking down of the colder air you can add a day or two on so it was looking like possibly Wednesday but this mornings charts already wanting to extend the cold 

Biggest problem for us is that the models are a bit wobbly on how long that moderate to strong easterly persists for. Some models just have a good easterly till the end of Monday then go really slack, others continue a moderate easterly till Wednesday evening then go slacker. I am thinking the easterlies will ease off around Tuesday but still snow coming off the N sea. 

• Like 7

Posted
    17 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Or, if you're in the central belt, LATER THAN PREVIOUSLY FORECAST!!🙄

This winter the Met haven't covered themselves in glory. Today however, they've been bang on with their forecast/warning.

Its meant to go mad here about 3pm.

• Like 9