Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

LomondSnowstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

If I didn't already have a fair covering of snow I'd be getting mighty annoyed today. Nearly all the showers are passing roughly East to West just to our south, in fact I can watch them out of our front window passing over the Vale of Alford and the hills beyond.

image.thumb.png.6bd1932594c52d18d69b385109e470bc.png

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy / snow

Looking back at the beast from the east. Up here in forth we had only half the snowfall compaired to places like west lothian and the showers die off. Most of our snow came from blowing off the fields and drifting. (12ft drifts). What do you guys think? This will be someting similar?

• Like 5

Posted
4 minutes ago, Geedawg said:

Looking back at the beast from the east. Up here in forth we had only half the snowfall compaired to places like west lothian and the showers die off. Most of our snow came from blowing off the fields and drifting. (12ft drifts). What do you guys think? This will be someting similar?

I'm not far from you, between Carnwath and Newbigging, we do well here in an easterly as long as there is a northerly component, a straight easterly is no good.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy / snow
1 minute ago, Mark H said:

I'm not far from you, between Carnwath and Newbigging, we do well here in an easterly as long as there is a northerly component, a straight easterly is no good.

You got much snow now? Been heavy here but keeps melting then laying again haha. Yes a north easterly would be perfect i think! We get th odd heavy burst from the edge of and central belt streamers

• Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, Geedawg said:

You got much snow now? Been heavy here but keeps melting then laying again haha. Yes a north easterly would be perfect i think! We get th odd heavy burst from the edge of and central belt streamers

Just a light covering on grass , snow has been on and off all day, not settling, Couple of cm's by last night but most of that gone by midmorning. Forth must have had a bit yesterday, you must be what, 300m above sea level?  About 230m asl here but still struggled for accumulation yesterday ,even though it snowed all day. 

• Like 9

Posted

Thinking it will be a washout in the central belt . The temps have went up 4 and 5 degrees since I checked the forecast last night 

• Like 8