Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

LomondSnowstorm

Posted
2 minutes ago, JoeShmoe said:

Everything is just decaying before it gets here (oragaphic effect over southern uplands or no grunt in the front!) .. to the point where we've had really light drizzle all morning and light grey skies

Edinburgh still seems to be under the influence of that easterly flow. Can see it on the radar. The heavier stuff does look to be slowly moving up but that easterly flow currently killing it.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

I was just typing a letter of complaint to the effect that I still haven't seen my first flipping flake of this so-called snow event when I did. One teeny tiny flake. Well, not even a flake really. Just a miniscule precipitate aspiring to snowdom. I've now seen three of the little blighters and I have to say that I'm less than impressed. Even Diablo has nothing to say on the subject.

Temperature 1.7deg.C up from 1.3deg.C minimum at 05:29, humidity is 89%, wind is 3 to 6mph east-southeasterly generally with a max gust of 16mph, pressure is 995.2hPa steady, there's been 0.8mm of drizzle so far today, cloud cover is 8/8 and the dew point is at 0deg.C.

• Like 7

Posted
9 minutes ago, edo said:

Rain here and snow in Bungleland so normal 20/21 service resumed seen a video of impressive looking snow falling in Glendevon near Dollar. 

Looked nice for a while but it's stopped and the temp is up so it's all disappearing quickly! 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
6 minutes ago, LomondSnowstorm said:

I'm not sure I'd have any finger nails left if that narrow path was what we were waiting on The 6Z yesterday was not dissimilar to that though so I suppose it's not too bad, we do still seem to have a little wiggle room as far as paths to a good easterly go but we just don't want that low on Thursday getting any further north or west or there might be problems (god knows we've seen too many of these vanish).

The ECM ensembles continue to look very very solid:

image.thumb.png.689c222b95fef762cce0e1a6c8242f1f.pngimage.thumb.png.cc8573756166558bd1762a8160ebef05.png

I do think the bump Thursday/Friday in the operational may be more likely than not given how many of the higher resolution models are going for it at the moment but notable that the majority of runs don't go for it and instead put us straight into the freezer on Friday.

The gem ensemble mean from the 00z looks like one of the best outcomes can’t do a gif so here’s 60-120-180 image.thumb.png.79d2cdd2a7f1363d3ea066b67d139d65.pngimage.thumb.png.7dae8e55803c50f4cf3cf0e30c90c8b9.pngimage.thumb.png.447e56a3d2e712f08f78e59634bd0297.png

the last frame of the wrf nmm 0.05 does get the  B2B46A18-91A1-4A88-A24E-52E275CBC2A2.thumb.png.ab3993f111193eea08419cc346d9f5bd.png 

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Was snowing heavily earlier on. Even snow in the far South West according to people I know (Rhins of Galloway). 
Still a sludgy couple centimetres left here in the outskirts of Dumfries but sadly drip...drip...drip. 2c

Fingers crossed for some fierce cold next week, got another local hill booked in to climb Sunday so shall go find winter if it won’t come to me.  

Edited by SW Saltire
  • Like 8