Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

LomondSnowstorm

Posted
12 minutes ago, JoeShmoe said:

Sleet falling here ... will be snow id think up Stratton / currie given there's some chunky looking flakes mixed in

Nowt. Showers passing to the north. 

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 6

Posted
5 minutes ago, Coopsy said:

What a forecast and week to be in Scotland in you’re a snow lover. Looks like parts of the NE will get relentless snow throughout the week. Lots of others doing well too. I might rent a chair in this thread for the next week if that’s ok

Plenty of cold rain and face-stinging sleet for many of us initially.  Must admit that the look ahead to the weekend and next week looks much more promising on this vid.

• Like 9

Posted
1 hour ago, 101_North said:

Just watching the radar and it's been interesting that for most of the day so far the echoes, even over the immediate coast, have been showing as snow north of the Forth but rain and sleet south. No idea what that means for later today and the rest of the week. Just an observation when I should really be working  

The Uppers are lower the further north you go,,I think we will join the fun and games Thursday evening onwards south of the Forth 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw
39 minutes ago, pdiddy said:

Plenty of cold rain and face-stinging sleet for many of us initially.  Must admit that the look ahead to the weekend and next week looks much more promising on this vid.

For around here all I see from this is sleety pish...so close but no cigar.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

We've had a few snow showers today, a little sprinkle or two but nothing sticking. 

Edited by snowidea
  • Like 6

Posted
2 hours ago, Bullseye said:

Just another day and another Snaw warning...

Looking at that some beefy snow coming in from North Sea on Friday, wouldn't rule out warnings to extend south.

Now that should keep @Mair Snawhappy!  It'll certainly keep me happy if it comes off 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Beginning with S ending with W ;)

Radar looks promising for around East Kilbride. Don't want to jinx it but central belt could be good for next few days, quite unfortunate last two weeks with snow being on marginal side here to go along with very cold temps. 

• Like 7

Posted
5 minutes ago, Allyw12 said:

I was feeling more optimistic after reading @LomondSnowstorm posts earlier.  Then I saw the bbc week ahead looks like it’s mostly rain for us in Perth ??‍♀️ 

the BBC WA was bust as of yesterday as was completely based on flawed 0z ECM yesterday.  Wait for tonight's!

Edited by pdiddy
  • Like 8