LomondSnowstorm

Posted
1 minute ago, Penicuikblizzard said:

Is that for the frontal event or the Easterly at the end of the week

Frontal event could

all change though 

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

BBC weekly weather on Countryfile not that impressive unless you live up on a hill. High ground buried though. Fronts get further North and no Beast at least until next wekend. Hope that they are wrong! 
A cold day here today with just a flurry of something wintry first thing. Yesterdays skiff surviving in shaded bits. Hopefully a couple of snow showers this evening!

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Beginning with S ending with W ;)
Just now, Norrance said:

BBC weekly weather on Countryfile not that impressive unless you live up on a hill. High ground buried though. Fronts get further North and no Beast at least until next wekend. Hope that they are wrong! 
A cold day here today with just a flurry of something wintry first thing. Yesterdays skiff surviving in shaded bits. Hopefully a couple of snow showers this evening!

Not sure how the BBC countryfile forecast works but certainly the BBC evening weather after news seems to be running off the ECM 0z, at least that is what I could gather from reading MOD thread this week. Sure someone can correct me on this if not. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Whatever is happening but partial to a snow drift

Nowt but dry cauld for us in Lochaber me thinks☹️

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Beginning with S ending with W ;)

Thankfully the ECM looks to have backtracked somewhat towards the GFS and UKMO (although UKMO not the 10/10 run like this morning but still great). JMA has nudged uppers of around -10 into Scotland by next weekend. All that after the midweek snow chances! 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

I noticed some light cloud has floated over so I took a temperature reading a frigid -36.4deg/C that's bloody cold in anyone's book.

The ground is only -3.4deg/C and air holding steady at -0.6deg/C.

Shame there are no showers forecast overnight...just being snaw greedy again.

• Like 9

Posted

It’s now looking less likely to be a beast from the east,,,but still cold chances yes! snow chances yes! particularly high ground and North of the Central belt ❄️

Edited by Penicuikblizzard
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D
6 minutes ago, edo said:

loving the @Mr Frostregular updates, its awesome and much appreciated

expecting some in depth analysis of the week ahead from @LomondSnowstormand @Kirkcaldy Weather soon 

good walk with the whole family today.... 4 kids loving walking around the woods ..... well with the promise of a starbucks if dont moan. Was only a few miles from here at Kinclaven and amazing they had clearly had  quite a bit more snow over the last while.

Walk was a treacherous ice fest and at one point i effectively sledged down a hill without a sledge whilst trying to rescue one of the kids 

keeping a close eye on Tue to see if can make it 2-2 in marginal events here this winter with 2 busts and 1 win.

@edo I really hope it’s not marginal again getting the impressing it going to be a rain event for us in Perth.

• Like 7