Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

LomondSnowstorm

Posted

Much better day with a max temperature back into double digits at 10.2c.

Light winds and dry (after a bit of a deluge overnight).

Cloud thinned at times to tantalize you with blue skies but no sunshine of note.

Local rookery is making one heck of a racket now, mating season and nest building has started.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Warmest day of the year so far here with a max of 12.0C. Min was 5.4C so a mild day over all. Just a few bright intervals and one or two light showers.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Well, seeing as how we are forecast some blawiness and blusteriness later today I decided to clean up my oil lamps ( just in case! ) This is a sure fire way of guaranteeing no power failures! It's been a wee bit blawy this morning and I await with interest the evening weather. I personally don't think it'll be that bad where I am, but the northwest of Skye and the Western Isles will probably get most of the gustiness. I'm hopeful it won't turn out to be too bad. ?️

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Damp and slightly dull sort of day but relatively calm considering the forecast and not too cold.

Temperature 8.3deg.C down from a maximum of 8.8deg.C at 12:00 and up from a minimum of 6.3deg.C at 04:58, humidity is 84%, wind 1 to 3mph southerly with a maximum gust of 10mph at 11:05, pressure is 1014.1hPa dropping quickly, there's been 0.4mm of rain today and in the last 24 hours, cloud cover is 8/8.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Another crap day drifts drearily past.

Did I say, I can do gloominess? Looking forward to the cobwebs getting blasted soon.

• Like 4

Posted

Dry, grey and murky all day with a max of 9.9c.

Wind has picked up noticeably since mid afternoon but nothing to get excited about.

Looks like it will get a bit breezy at the end of the week, another memorable thing about the weather the last few months has been the lack of strong winds.

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, Quinach said:

Dry, grey and murky all day with a max of 9.9c.

Wind has picked up noticeably since mid afternoon but nothing to get excited about.

Looks like it will get a bit breezy at the end of the week, another memorable thing about the weather the last few months has been the lack of strong winds.

Here it comes, howling down the street and whistling in the chimney....

• Like 6

Posted

Been threatening all day but finally the rain has kicked in winds got up too the sign for the next few days

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

I'm hiding in the house with all blinds closed and windows shut. I hate high winds and it's worse now that huge bloody tree is just over my back fence

• Like 8

Posted
2 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

Here it comes, howling down the street and whistling in the chimney....

Definitely tempted fate saying it was nothing to get excited about.

That came back to bite with a vengeance as its really squally outside and already the bucket has gone for a walkabout.

Also regretting putting in polycarbonate sheeting in the greenhouse, other half is currently cursing in the rain strapping down a sheet that has sprung its clips.

Edited by Quinach
  • Like 7

Posted
2 hours ago, Quinach said:

Definitely tempted fate saying it was nothing to get excited about.

That came back to bite with a vengeance as its really squally outside and already the bucket has gone for a walkabout.

Also regretting putting in polycarbonate sheeting in the greenhouse, other half is currently cursing in the rain strapping down a sheet that has sprung its clips.

It was rather short-lived though. No more than a stiff breeze out now, but I did have visions of trundling wheelie bins for a while earlier.

(shouldn't visions be a bit more inspiring?)

3 and a half weeks of confinement apart from a couple of short drives out. Anyone who's long-term housebound has a really tough life.  It's crap beyond belief and I'm only getting a glimpse. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

HC want me to come up there and teach you how to knit? Could make all yer ain socks! And the swearin when it goes wrong fairly fills the time..

The tree is still there. And so is my hoose. Whew.

• Like 6

Posted

Nice sunny start to the day with some photogenic cloudscapes, currently 4c with light winds.

1539392349_morningsky.thumb.jpg.c349db27aa026cb8590d3a0df7071aeb.jpg

As for last night, well that was a lot stormier than forecast and downright horrendous until about 2am with a gust recorded nearby of 55mph.

End result is that there is debris everywhere and I see the main road near us was closed earlier due to some trees blowing over.

• Like 6

Posted

Nothing much to talk about; we got a maximum gust of 20mph at 00:16 in the back garden but I can't say I was aware of anything spectacular.

Temperature 6.0deg.C up from 4.6deg.C at 04:01, humidity 84%, wind currently 2 to 5mph south-southwesterly, pressure 997.8hPa falling slowly, there's been 1.8mm of rain since midnight and 16.6mm in the last 24 hours,, cloud cover is 7/8 and breaking up in places sufficiently to allow some brightness through.

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, mardatha said:

HC want me to come up there and teach you how to knit? Could make all yer ain socks! And the swearin when it goes wrong fairly fills the time..

The tree is still there. And so is my hoose. Whew.

Knitted socks would be good - all my fancy walking socks restrict blood flow to my ankles, useless things.  I could get into the knitting, especially the cursing bit.

Cracking morning - bit breezy but sun blazing in the windows and keeping the cats warm!

Trees eh. Not good close to houses. Do a @101_North and get it dealt with before it does some damage.

• Like 6

Posted
4 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

Knitted socks would be good - all my fancy walking socks restrict blood flow to my ankles, useless things.  I could get into the knitting, especially the cursing bit.

Cracking morning - bit breezy but sun blazing in the windows and keeping the cats warm!

Trees eh. Not good close to houses. Do a @101_North and get it dealt with before it does some damage.

I was sitting listening to the wind yesterday evening and thinking how good it was that it was away 

• Like 5

Posted
3 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

image.thumb.png.0ef234360dc7f159e1c06bb9578e5dde.png Does this count as white-out?

No.

It's grey.

Posted

Damp and breezy today. Not ideal weather for a walk but I'm going anyway.

Maximum temperature at midnight was 7.7deg.C, which went down to 3.8deg.C at 06:54 and now back up to 5.8deg.C, humidity is 84%, wind 4 to 8mph southerly with a maximum gust of 20mph at 00:38, pressure is 986.2hPa rising like a rocket, dry at the moment but there's been 3.0mm of rain today and 10.2mm in the last 24 hours, (the bulk of the rain was probably horizontal and therefore not recorded,) and cloud cover is 8/8 but currently thin enough to allow a bit of brightness. 

• Like 4