Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

LomondSnowstorm

Posted

Forty fourth air frost at -3.0C. Foggy earlier too, but a beauty of a morning now with wall to wall sunshine, frost and blue sky.

• Like 4

Posted
37 minutes ago, mardatha said:

When is this good spell to end?

May be good for a week - but turning colder and wintry showers (scattered) Thursday.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Beautiful morning with gin clear sky and frost on the grass; an ideal early Spring day.

Temperature 10.2deg.C up from a minimum of -0.9deg.C at 06:23, humidity is 71%, no wind, pressure is 1035.3hPa falling slowly, there's been 0.2mm of rain apparently and the sky is effectively clear bar a couple of patches of high, thin, feathery stuff.

• Like 3

Posted

Complete difference in the weather here today. After a bit of a foggy start that has cleared and it's a glorious day (OK a small bit of cloud) but at least it's broke up unlike the weekend

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

My daughter messaged that it felt quite warm and Springlike in Glasgow today and she was working with the windows wide open. Here there has been some light cloud and a coolness in the SEasterly breeze off the North Sea. Whats more as maybe @Hawesy could confirm the first Spring haar appeared and drifted up the river. Phone ran out of charge before I got to the hill looking East but I had taken a couple of photos towards the river. 

2948F97A-946C-4340-8518-E82C428145B4.jpeg

2386D243-094B-4C6F-977A-456F6F1DA01B.jpeg

49AAFCD2-1F82-4422-8AB8-C29887C13C69.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
6 minutes ago, Norrance said:

My daughter messaged that it felt quite warm and Springlike in Glasgow today and she was working with the windows wide open. Here there has been some light cloud and a coolness in the SEasterly breeze off the North Sea. Whats more as maybe @Hawesy could confirm the first Spring haar appeared and drifted up the river. Phone ran out of charge before I got to the hill looking East but I had taken a couple of photos towards the river. 

2948F97A-946C-4340-8518-E82C428145B4.jpeg

2386D243-094B-4C6F-977A-456F6F1DA01B.jpeg

49AAFCD2-1F82-4422-8AB8-C29887C13C69.jpeg

Not sure about haar but there was some patchy medium level stuff drifting around till about 10 o'clock.  Wall to wall sunshine since than, although it didn't feel like the 10C we were forecast.

• Like 3

Posted

@Norrance I certainly can confirm the first haar of the season. Earlier wall to wall sunshine has vanished under thick gloopy haar and the temperature has plummeted to 4c. A friend just confirmed it’s as far west as Cupar already. 

• Like 8

Posted

Cloudy first thing but clearing to blue skies by late morning.  Max of 10.9c with light winds, feeling very pleasant.

At dusk, in rolled banks of low cloud from the SE - the Haar season has begun 

Edited by Quinach
  • Like 6

Posted
2 hours ago, Hawesy said:

@Norrance I certainly can confirm the first haar of the season. Earlier wall to wall sunshine has vanished under thick gloopy haar and the temperature has plummeted to 4c. A friend just confirmed it’s as far west as Cupar already. 

oh bummer. there's really nothing good about haar is there?

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
3 hours ago, Hawesy said:

It got here not that long after I posted. Temp dropped from a max of 10.1C at lunchtime to 4C here also. Now cold, damp and raw feeling.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Had my first outdoors meeting of the year on laptop today... Shorts hoody and laptop sitting on the patio in gazebo with sun feeling strong. Big change now feeling very chilly walking the dog, had a spectacular sunset much like Cheggers pic. 

• Like 9

Posted

Oh it's haar - makes sense now. Hadn't thought of that!

Still got down to -1.2C and forty fifth air frost.

Looks like snow for Aberdeenshire/Moray Thursday...

viewimagethurs.png

• Like 9

Posted
1 hour ago, shuggee said:

Oh it's haar - makes sense now. Hadn't thought of that!

Still got down to -1.2C and forty fifth air frost.

Looks like snow for Aberdeenshire/Moray Thursday...

viewimagethurs.png

A slender hope for here too. up the hill, at least not in my garden.

• Like 7

Posted

Cool damp misty day sun did try to break through at  about 10.00  am but failed. Currently  3c

• Like 9

Posted

Misty and murky start but the skies cleared mid-morning to leave a lovely sunny day.

As yesterday, low cloud/mist rolled in from the SE at dusk - now 100% cloud cover which is a pain as there is a strong aurora at the moment.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1135507469890355/

Max of 9.7c and overnight low of -1.1c; light winds throughout.

• Like 6

Posted

As others have said, a cloudy start cleared away to leave a largely sunny day. Dogs were out and in like proverbial Yo-Yos and it didn’t feel as chilly as it has done. Looked to be another lovely sunset but houses round about block the view at this time of year. Roll on Friday when I finish for two weeks holiday, let’s hope it continues relatively settled so I can get the garden spruced up for spring.

Currently 1.6c so clouds must have rolled in as we had dropped below freezing earlier this evening. Daytime high was 8.7c.

• Like 6