Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

LomondSnowstorm

Posted

Maxed out at 12.1c so the warmest day of the year so far.

Looking at the forecast, wondering how long it will be before I can say that again.

Sun loungers got aired, then occupied by the kids for the rest of the afternoon which was not exactly the plan....

At least they were outside getting fresh air even if it was spent doing video calls and that Tik Tok stuff with their friends.

Certainly put the family in the mood for spring now, cold weather can wait until next winter if we can get this type of weather until summer - aye, wishful thinking...

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Would be good to get a bit more wintry weather, I was thinking it would keep with the dry weather but the high might position enough to the north and we get a brief easterly  ECM1-192.thumb.gif.a21a0194cd99727d8a6f5cfada8c9f04.gif

gfsnh-1-228.thumb.png.c95c2444d1c98970d6d3915614113c3c.pnggfsnh-1-240.thumb.png.7e8e3ecefbc094132c9e4237d5bb5ee7.png

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Just let the dog out for a wee and it's lighter out there than its been during the day some days recently. The moon is really bright,and casting very obvious shadows.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Well, after what can only be described as a particularly sh1tty week of Scottish weather, spring has finally arrived! On Tuesday I recorded a 62mph gust and Wednesday wasn't much better.  The driveway was like a river but all the ditches did their job well. Now it is calm, sunny with a temp of 11c so a wee spell in the garden today to start the much needed weeding. It's looking good for the coming wee too, so I'm going to make the best of it with as many walks as I can cram in. Hips and knees are beginning to seize up, which is not good! 

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.
On 25/02/2021 at 20:29, shuggee said:

55 plate Fiat 500?

No, but my younger daughter had one and I quite liked it.

On 25/02/2021 at 21:15, Cheggers said:

Citreon DS..? 

No, but I wish! The second most beautiful car design ever. We had one on the farm when I was learning to drive but it had a hydraulic semi-automatic pre-selector gearbox that meant I wasn't allowed anywhere near it.

On 25/02/2021 at 23:21, Hairy Celt said:

Phantom?

I put air dampers on a Guzzi T4 a long time ago, they made all the difference.  The fork springs were way too stiff though and I couldn't afford the air loaded replacements. Also the linked brakes were not that brilliant, but the engine was much better than expected - loads of top end power.... ah, those were the days.

Phantom?

Moto Guzzi 850 T4, wow, a serious bit of kit indeed, shaft drive and all.

On the weather front - disappointing.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Lovely sunny day here with a light Westerly breeze and a max of 11.6C. Washing out the back for the first time this year as the sun is just getting above the shade of the house. They make the teens tough down in Invergowrie. I walked down to the river earlier and back up through the Crop Research Institute and came across a bunch of teenage girls  out and about in bikini tops. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
1 hour ago, Norrance said:

Lovely sunny day here with a light Westerly breeze and a max of 11.6C. Washing out the back for the first time this year as the sun is just getting above the shade of the house. They make the teens tough down in Invergowrie. I walked down to the river earlier and back up through the Crop Research Institute and came across a bunch of teenage girls  out and about in bikini tops. 

Bikini research institute?

• Like 3

Posted
3 hours ago, Hawesy said:

Today marks the 9th consecutive day with the max temperature above 10c at Leuchars. As a result the monthly mean has nudged +0.1c above average despite the notable cold and snowy spell early on.

Currently 12c at Leuchars and 10c at Pittenweem. Second last day of meteorological winter but feeling springlike in the East Neuk!

874B931E-E537-4B4A-9D7B-33621C1A23B0.jpeg

C0F7D301-967E-4542-A8B4-F4C419B81569.jpeg

54CBD24C-B1C4-46AF-A890-1E8861379B54.jpeg

Your daffs look a good 10 to 14 days ahead of ours, which seem a lot considering we're not far apart and both coastal. Hmmm.

• Like 5

Posted
9 hours ago, Puffy MacCloud said:

No, but my younger daughter had one and I quite liked it.

No, but I wish! The second most beautiful car design ever. We had one on the farm when I was learning to drive but it had a hydraulic semi-automatic pre-selector gearbox that meant I wasn't allowed anywhere near it.

Phantom?

Moto Guzzi 850 T4, wow, a serious bit of kit indeed, shaft drive and all.

On the weather front - disappointing.

Phantom.. Rolls Royce variety.

The Guzzi was good fun although perhaps typically, being Italian, its reliability, especially electrical, was poor.  The wiring was appalling.  Ms HC got pregnant somehow while I had that so I put a 'baby on board' plate on the back. <cringe>

• Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

The Guzzi was good fun although perhaps typically, being Italian, its reliability, especially electrical, was poor.  The wiring was appalling.  Ms HC got pregnant somehow while I had that so I put a 'baby on board' plate on the back. <cringe>

I shouldn’t laugh but my ex father-in-law had a motor bike with sidecar when my ex and his brother were born, shame they didn’t have baby on board plates in the early 60s. They went all over in that, including a holiday to Ireland apparently.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

@Quinachafter being stuck in the dark with all her sisters for weeks or months I'm sure the bee was just glad to be out sunning itself. Nice enough today for us to check our bees, a quick peek anyway. All 7 colonies we went into winter with, and a couple were late swarms so not huge, have so far survived the winter. Now that's not to say the queens have, but one of the smaller gives had loads of pollen going in, which is usually a good sign. It'll likely be a few weeks yet before we can do a proper check to see if they all have laying queens.

Looking like another couple of milder sunny days before a return to something colder. Forest tracks further up the hill still have snow in places too.

• Like 9

Posted

Going to be another glorious day by the looks of things, clear blue skies at the moment.

What was not expected is that the ground is white in the shade - hard frost last night with a low of -3.8c.

Met office app well out on that one.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.
16 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

Well yes, obvs, but one wouldn't interfere with one's Roller, would one?

Please pardon my absence but I've been away doing some very naughty things. Nicola would not approve.

Temperature 7.7deg.C down from a maximum of 8.9deg.C at 12:33 and up from a minimum of 5.5deg.C at 07:09, humidity is 86%, wind 0 to 2mph southerly, pressure is 1040.0hPa steady (a record high for this weather station), there's been no rain today nor in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is 6/8 so although it's not currently sunny it is bright. A nice day to mark the end of Winter.

• Like 3

Posted
24 minutes ago, Puffy MacCloud said:

Well yes, obvs, but one wouldn't interfere with one's Roller, would one?

Please pardon my absence but I've been away doing some very naughty things. Nicola would not approve.

Temperature 7.7deg.C down from a maximum of 8.9deg.C at 12:33 and up from a minimum of 5.5deg.C at 07:09, humidity is 86%, wind 0 to 2mph southerly, pressure is 1040.0hPa steady (a record high for this weather station), there's been no rain today nor in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is 6/8 so although it's not currently sunny it is bright. A nice day to mark the end of Winter.

I interfere with anything and everything. 

Nice day again.  

• Like 4

Posted

Fabulous day again here after a frosty start at 2c  Cows out at 7.30am to neeps in preparation for neep lifter at 10.00am.Only got as far as 1.00pm because of puncture on lifter so all change back to ploughing the second last field and clearing more stones.Meanwhile i was lifting last of parsnips/carrots in garden.20210228_112649.thumb.jpg.4479bd3f6f8f06c1e7dff84c18ac65b1.jpg

• Like 9

Posted

Hmm, seemed to have offended the weather gods as the clear blue skies first thing disappeared by lunchtime. 

Cool and grey thereafter, max of 9.3c before the cloud appeared.  Afternoon a chilly feeling 6 to 7c.  Light winds throughout.

• Like 5

Posted

Nice to see a frost on the ground this morning. Chilly at -1.4c! Been a stunning couple of days of blue sky and sun. Today looks like it could be another good one. While I'll always enjoy winter weather, this winter was so good locally, I'd be happy to crack on into Spring if we can get some settled weather. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

When is this good spell to end?

• Like 1