Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

LomondSnowstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Morning Grumplings! Well, yesterday started out lovely so I took myself off for a good hour's walk and felt a squillion times better for it! And then the rain arrived bang on time just before 1pm. Wind arrived mid afternoonish and the rest of the evening was pure p1sh. It's not looking terribly hopeful for the rest of the week, an outside chance of some dryish conditions on Friday. I checked the charts on here and look what I found. I mean, really?????

h850t850eu.png

• Like 9

Posted

I have the towel in my hand ready..... This location has really had a fairly poor winter when it comes to snow (like most winters here) There were some crisp frosty days before xmas and the  EFTB delivered a few below average days and zero measurable snow. Today 11c at 1200 if it wasn't for the brisk wind it would feel very pleasant,  but still warm enough for short sleeves.

Posted

Patches of, wait for it, blue sky and sunny intervals. What's going on?! 8.6°C after a low of 5.6°C. Might not need the layers of waterproofs on this afternoon's soujorn to the local windfarm... 

• Like 7

Posted

Lovely day here , porty seafront was heaving this morning and been out in the garden with the kids and dog. Feels warm in the sun, hard to believe this time last week it was snowing !

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Today is as nice a late February day as I can remember in quite a while; bright, dry, bordering on warm even. Yesterday was far more typical of the breed; wet, windy, cold and miserable. Roll on Spring.

Temperature 10.9deg.C up from a minimum of 6.5deg.C at 00:40, humidity is 71%, wind 4 to 7mph southerly with a maximum gust of 16mph at 02:06, pressure is 1005.3hPa rising slowly, there's been no rain today and cloud cover is 4/8.

Edited by Puffy MacCloud
spelling
  • Like 3

Posted

Morning all.  Another bright enough day today.  Looks a bit blowy and dreich tomorrow for most, then long rangers paint a fairly dry picture well in to next week with temperatures well above the seasonal average (to my eye anyway).  Very usable weather!  Thereafter, still signs of a cool down to average or below average further in to March.  Who knows, but a few ensembles still breach -10C and a fairly consistent cluster now that are well below -5C so will feel very chilly again and a shock the nature after this next 7-10 days.  We'll see.

• Like 7

Posted

Another lovey spring winters day! Tomorrow looks foul, the met office are expanding their weather warnings and about to issue an amber rain warning

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

One of the villagers walked past the house this morning dressed in t-shirt and shorts, which was slightly on the brave side of sensible but it is a glorious day - sunny, dry and just a wee bit breezy.

Temperature 9.2deg.C up from a minimum of 4.2deg.C at 07:57, humidity 70%, wind 3 to 7mph southerly with a maximum gust of 17mph at 12:03, pressure 1013.0hPa rising slowly, there's been no rain today nor in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is 1/8.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Lovely day, just shy of 11c. 

You’d never think there was an Amber weather warning out for tomorrow, hope not too many homes are flooded

• Like 5