Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

LomondSnowstorm

Posted
58 minutes ago, Cheggers said:

Wind has died and is now quite pleasant out side @7c

Going to relive my Saffer youth tonight in celebration of making it to 50 just Kilpdrift paint striper (Brandy) and Biltong

IMG_20210216_175053.thumb.jpg.37ab077b39c37c1ae29bc32377aade58.jpg

Happy five-o! I was going to say good stacking skills, then I went "oh".

Not many piles left here, at least not of the snow variety!

Long ranges look a mess, I have trouble speculating at the best if times.  Looks more of the same for a while to me. Chat of "flipping". ?‍♂️

• Like 8

Posted
5 hours ago, Blitzen said:

Join the club! I'm on my 7th!

Looks as if we have been abandoned in our hour of need HC>   Most of  (not all)  of our supposed close knit Scottish threaders have p****d off and left us to rot here on our own!   Where are they all?   We're supposed to be on lockdown FFoxS!...Maladjusted, tantrum throwing, man child(s)...The lot of 'em!   I hate Netweather!!

index.jpg

had to go to Manchester last night back in Aviemore now and most snow is gone 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter Sun in summer
6 hours ago, Blitzen said:

Join the club! I'm on my 7th!

Looks as if we have been abandoned in our hour of need HC>   Most of  (not all)  of our supposed close knit Scottish threaders have p****d off and left us to rot here on our own!   Where are they all?   We're supposed to be on lockdown FFoxS!...Maladjusted, tantrum throwing, man child(s)...The lot of 'em!   I hate Netweather!!

index.jpg

Catching up with sleep

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.
1 hour ago, Cheggers said:

Going to relive my Saffer youth tonight in celebration of making it to 50 just Kilpdrift paint striper (Brandy) and Biltong

And so it begins...51, 52, 60!!...   Have a good one Cheggers!   Let us know how it went...When and if you can remember!

If I'm right, and I usually am,   I bet that Canadian Moose tripper will be popping in soon to tell us of his celebrations!

• Like 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, Sanserit said:

Happy 50th @Cheggers hope you've not drunk yourself dry yet.

@Hairy Celt, @Blitzen and @Puffy MacCloud hope you're all healing well.  It it's any consolation, I had my first official physio appointment by phone today. You've got to be a certain type of person to dish out those exercises I think! Spent the rest of the day aided by pain relief after being made to move my shoulder in ways that are just not natural but are apparently necessary to stop me seizing up entirely.  Seriously feeling my 50+ years this evening despite trying to kid myself I'm still in my 20s.

Erm...Nope!...

• Like 5

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
3 hours ago, Cheggers said:

Happy 50th birthday Cheggers!

Just another number mate

Big Innes 

• Like 5

Posted

Was up for a peddle with the kids at the park yesterday afternoon and noted that while still plenty of drift and patches (and ice on paths - not fun!), the burns were really full and water now runnign off everywhere.  Streams where there are not normally streams, etc.  Looking at the snow gate cameras (love that site!) they all look damp but still holdign lots of snow - hopefully the the slower slaw continues, rather than the faster kind here.

Found a dead bird under the last pile of snow in the back garden, which has now melted (snow, not the bird, though it is decaying - yuch!).  I must have not noticed and happened to have given it a ceremonial temporary burying last week.  It looks like a very small hawk.  Would post a photo, but something has eaten it's head clean off - will take a photo and clip it perhaps.  Do these hawks attack each other?  It looked like a smaller version of the attached (old photo of "something" eating a pigeon it caught in our old house back patio).

Oh yeah, weather, windy and wild - I'm weird and quite like this sort of weather.  Just as well for me, as looks like for here at least we have a good while of rinse and repeat going on.

Picture 326.jpg

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Windy. Horizontal rain. Very mild, topped out at 10c yesterday but felt colder because of the wind. 5.2c here just now. Pure pants and no sign of any improvement on the horizon. Aye, definitely back to normal Skye weather! ☂️

• Like 9

Posted

Morning all.

Nice fresh,  breezy morning here with temp sitting at 6.5c.   SW/17mph.

static_weathercams.php.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Sunny morning here. A fresh breeze but pleasant enough. Rest of the week looks a bit naff but at least my heating isn't working overtime this week. Infact our smart meter is showing a 50% drop compared to this time last week. Roll on Spring im skint..

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
9 minutes ago, Mair Snaw said:

Sunny morning here. A fresh breeze but pleasant enough. Rest of the week looks a bit naff but at least my heating isn't working overtime this week. Infact our smart meter is showing a 50% drop compared to this time last week. Roll on Spring im skint..

Our boiler is still roaring away but that's cos muggins can't deal with the stove now. Day 4 and trying to figure out a way to make coffee without leaving bed 

Really blustery out this morning, I heard a wheelie bin go over a while back.

• Like 3

Posted
28 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Our boiler is still roaring away but that's cos muggins can't deal with the stove now. Day 4 and trying to figure out a way to make coffee without leaving bed 

Really blustery out this morning, I heard a wheelie bin go over a while back.

What have you done to yourself?? Are you a victim of the ice last week?? 

Just had the door open for a delivery and even the wife said oh its mild out today. So ive just been round ti the thermostats and turned them down another degree. Might save a few bob

• Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, Mair Snaw said:

What have you done to yourself?? Are you a victim of the ice last week?? 

Just had the door open for a delivery and even the wife said oh its mild out today. So ive just been round ti the thermostats and turned them down another degree. Might save a few bob

Yes, I went down on ice and broke a fibula. I now know what breaking bone sounds like .  You'll be getting ever more demented updates for a few weeks

• Like 6

Posted

Breezy again just like the last few days but sunny with showers to the west that look wintry probably only over the higher hills

Ground beginning to dry as last of frost leaves. Currently 6c.First day however that sitting in a south facing room that the sun on your face has felt warm and the room is actally heating up. We mostly abandon these rooms in winter as the strong winds make them very cold and retreat to the north side of the house where the rayburn is.

• Like 5

Posted
37 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Yes, I went down on ice and broke a fibula. I now know what breaking bone sounds like .  You'll be getting ever more demented updates for a few weeks

I went over ont the ice last winter didnt break anything as landed flat on my back.. shoulder pain lasted about a month or so. Do you have an idea of how long you will be out of action for??

Posted
25 minutes ago, Mair Snaw said:

I went over ont the ice last winter didnt break anything as landed flat on my back.. shoulder pain lasted about a month or so. Do you have an idea of how long you will be out of action for??

A good few weeks I think. Not really sure yet. I'll post updates here to keep up with the other wounded warriors!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Ceremonial spring opening of a living room window happened at lunchtime there. Just lasted an hour, as is normally the case when I remember it’s still chilly, but it’s a big moment in the year. Earlier a bit this year probably because I’m home during the day, it tends to happen in mid-March.

Spring is coming. Quite happy to abandon snow chases for low lying areas now. I’m sure those of you at height will get a few more days of lying snow but aside from a few occasional snow flurries or showers if we get a cold spell in March I think that’s our whack.

• Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, Hairy Celt said:

Do they have you in a splint  or a cast?

They sent me home in a sling.   I'm afraid I  'slung'  it!   It was the most uncomfortable, unfathomable, infuriating, extremely bulky, jaggy piece of equipment that I have ever had to deal with.   DEFINITELY designed by a man!   It looked and felt like I was wearing what I can only describe as an upside-down dog coat, with the open side facing upwards.  I should really go and count the number of straps and clips (large and small)  attached to this THING!   I am now wearing the much more serviceable, traditional, cotton triangular type.   Works a treat.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

A nice bright day again today with mainly high, wispy cloud letting through occasional sunshine. Even the slabs and decking at the back have dried out. Almost seems like spring, except I've seen the forecast.

Temperature currently 8.1deg.C down from a max of 8.9deg.C at 13:58 and up from a min of 4.4deg.C at 01:21, humidity is 73%, wind 3 to 6mph moving from south-southwesterly to south-southeasterly with a max gust of 20mph at 14:04, pressure is 999.5hPa steady, there's been 3.8mm of rain today and 4.4mm in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is 6/8 and mostly thin.

Right, now I'm off on a ward round to visit Sanserit, Blitzen and Heilan Coo, so you lot, stand by your beds, lift you paper nighties, bend over and cough...

• Like 3

Posted
24 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Do they have you in a splint  or a cast?

They sent me home in a sling.   I'm afraid I  'slung'  it!   It was the most uncomfortable, unfathomable, infuriating, extremely bulky, jaggy piece of equipment that I have ever had to deal with.   DEFINITELY designed by a man!   It looked and felt like I was wearing what I can only describe as an upside-down dog coat, with the open side facing upwards.  I should really go and count the number of straps and clips (large and small)  attached to this THING!   I am now wearing the much more serviceable, traditional, cotton triangular type.   Works a treat.

I got a pair of crutches and was made to feel grateful I had them. Nowt else.

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, Puffy MacCloud said:

A nice bright day again today with mainly high, wispy cloud letting through occasional sunshine. Even the slabs and decking at the back have dried out. Almost seems like spring, except I've seen the forecast.

Temperature currently 8.1deg.C down from a max of 8.9deg.C at 13:58 and up from a min of 4.4deg.C at 01:21, humidity is 73%, wind 3 to 6mph moving from south-southwesterly to south-southeasterly with a max gust of 20mph at 14:04, pressure is 999.5hPa steady, there's been 3.8mm of rain today and 4.4mm in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is 6/8 and mostly thin.

Right, now I'm off on a ward round to visit Sanserit, Blitzen and Heilan Coo, so you lot, stand by your beds, lift you paper nighties, bend over and cough...

If I bend over, more likely to fart than cough so stand back you dirty old man,

• Like 3